AMD is jumping into the SSD market with Radeon drives for laptops and desktops.
Servers & Storage - News
How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
Hard drives, SSDs and even external drives are pretty reliable. However, in the unlikely event of a crash you'll need to know how to recover or delete your data, and hopefully not put your hands above your head and prepare for impact. Read on to find...
If you have $US1299 to spend, Akitio's external Thunder3 PCIe SSD storage system will deliver blazing speed and more.
Intel, in addition to showing off its blazing-fast 3C XPoint Optane drives, also said its 3D NAND will be able to squeeze 1TB of storage into a 1.5mm thick drive by next year.
The Extreme 900 is the first 10Gbps USB 3.1 drive we've seen from a major storage company—and we can't wait to see what will follow.
Your electric bills could soar if you kept Nvidia's monster DGX-1 computer running continuously for one month.
With its latest SSDs, Intel is paving the way for fast, standard NVMe connections in storage systems for both more and less adventurous users.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Intel promised super fast and high-capacity SSDs with 3D NAND chips last year, and the company announces the first of those drives Thursday.
Aimed at enterprise customers, Samsung's new SSD is the world's largest drive of its kind.
In an industry first, Seagate has been able to boost areal density to 1TB per platter in a 2.5-inch form factor that's only 7mm high.
Information storage and virtualisation company, and wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has added the Hitachi Flash Storage (HFS) A series family to its flash portfolio.
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
WD unveiled a 10TB helium-filled hard drive that represents a 25% increase in capacity over the previous generation drive.
SSDs have seen four straight quarters of 10% or greater price drops, leading one analyst to predict that they will near price parity with hard drives in the next two years.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTQuantitative Developer | C# | circa $130,000-160,000NSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC