An SSD can read and write data many times faster than the best mechanical hard drive. On the downside, flash memory is many times more expensive than the innards of a typical hard drive, so manufacturers have limited their SSD capacities to hit reaso...
Servers & Storage
The winners of PC World's Synology Showcase competition have been announced. Three lucky readers have been selected by Synology to test out a Synology DS112 network attached storage device and write a review for PC World. The winners can then keep th...
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Western Digital announced what it said is the industry's thinnest hybrid drive for Ultrabooks, a 5mm-thick model that has 500GB capacity.
Western Digital subsidiary WD recently unveiled two sleek, thin 500GB portable external hard drives for Mac and Windows PC users. The two new drives, and the My Passport Edge for Mac, both feature USB 3.0 connectivity for transfer rates of up to 5 Gi...
I have a huge movie collection. It used to all be on VHS tapes, then I moved to DVDs, and now I'm slowly moving to Blu-Ray. That's all well and good, but along the way I decided I liked the convenience of making my hundreds of movies accessible from ...
Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Global cloud computing and hosting company Rackspace will soon open its first Australian data centre, in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. The investment is part of a multi-million dollar move to bolster the company's local presence.
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help u...
Hybrid drives, which combine NAND flash with spinning disk, are selling like molasses compared to SSDs and SSDs with cache, according to IHS iSuppli.
Toshiba Storage Products today announced a new line-up of solid-state drives (SSDs) using the industry's smallest lithography process to date -- 19 nanometers.
HP today announced new deduplication solutions for its StoreOnce Backup product line, including the B6200, that enable 100TB/hr backup performance.
Toshiba today announced a new line of solid-state drives that use 19-nanometer process technology, the smallest circuitry to date.
Leading storage vendor Seagate will acquire competitor LaCie, incorporating its product line-up and executives in a $188 million buy-out.
LogMeIn has released details of its cloud storage and data sharing service, Cubby. It's a service that's still in beta mode and users are required to submit their email address at Cubby.com in the hope of getting an invite to test it out.
From the hum of an old car's engine to the galunk! of a fictional plumber's fireball, sounds have an amazing ability to transport us back in time. Even just a two-second pop is often enough to bring back powerful memories of people, places, and objec...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Breaking up Google is just one possible antritrust option, EU lawmakers say
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users
- UK plans to introduce new Web snooping law
- NXP opens wallet to build wearables with better battery life
- Apple iPad Mini 3 review: Paying top dollar for yesterday's tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW