It's official: The next version of Windows is dubbed Windows 10, bizarrely enough, and it's chock-full of tweaks and features designed to make PC enthusiasts smile, including multiple desktop support, a reborn Start menu, new multitasking options, wi...
Servers & Storage
Microsoft today announced that its new operating system will be called Windows 10, rather than Windows 9. It's a new generation of the Windows operating system that is being hailed by Microsoft as being adaptable to all sorts of devices, from tiny In...
At a press event on Tuesday, Microsoft launched the next version of Windows: Not Windows One, not Windows 9, but Windows 10, which combines the reborn Start menu with Windows 8's colorful live tiles and adjusts its behavior depending on how you're us...
SanDisk's 512GB SD card is huge, fast, and built for professionals. It even has the professional price tag to match.
Sixty-million units sold, and 42,000 petabyes of storage space provided to consumers. These are the numbers Western Digital is promoting for the 10th anniversary of its My Passport line of portable, external hard drives, which are among the company’s...
A couple of new network attached storage (NAS) devices have been launched by Seagate, with the company aiming at home office workers as well as office environments with up to 50 people. The new units are simply called Seagate NAS and Seagate NAS Pro,...
The G3 has boosted LG's smartphone shipments to record levels and helped reverse three quarters of losses at its phone division, the electronics giant said Thursday.
Samsung claims to have raised the reliability and capacity of solid state drives with the new 1TB models in its 850 Pro line, made using the company's latest memory technology.
Microsoft has significantly increased the capacity of OneDrive Cloud storage included with its Office 365 subscriptions from 20 gigabytes (GB) to 1 terabyte (TB).
Seagate launched the Backup Plus Fast, a portable 4TB drive with improved transfer speeds, and the Backup Plus, the slimmest 2TB portable drive on the market. The event was held at Eastern Creek Raceway to drive the point these new storage drives are...
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
SanDisk’s Extreme Pro USB 3.0 flash drive hasn’t hit the market yet, but the company is touting it as one of the fastest such devices on the market. It claims that it will be able to achieve solid state drive-like results up to 240 megabyte per secon...
Microsoft has chosen OneDrive as the new name for its SkyDrive cloud storage service, which it had agreed to re-baptise after losing a trademark dispute last year with British broadcast TV and broadband provider BSkyB.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
WD has revealed its Black2 dual drive, which is a fusion drive that contains both a solid state drive (SSD) and hard drive in the same package. It’s a design that’s come about due to extensive feedback from WD’s customers, who expressed a desire to h...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCApplication Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCDigital Media / Web Content Management- SquizzNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Cloud experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC