Western Digital’s My Passport Wireless is a Windows- and Mac-compatible, portable hard disk drive intended for the wireless offloading and consumption of data.
Servers & Storage
It's official: The next version of Windows is dubbed Windows 10, bizarrely enough, and it's chock-full of tweaks and features designed to make PC enthusiasts smile, including multiple desktop support, a reborn Start menu, new multitasking options, wi...
Microsoft today announced that its new operating system will be called Windows 10, rather than Windows 9. It's a new generation of the Windows operating system that is being hailed by Microsoft as being adaptable to all sorts of devices, from tiny In...
At a press event on Tuesday, Microsoft launched the next version of Windows: Not Windows One, not Windows 9, but Windows 10, which combines the reborn Start menu with Windows 8's colorful live tiles and adjusts its behavior depending on how you're us...
SanDisk's 512GB SD card is huge, fast, and built for professionals. It even has the professional price tag to match.
Sixty-million units sold, and 42,000 petabyes of storage space provided to consumers. These are the numbers Western Digital is promoting for the 10th anniversary of its My Passport line of portable, external hard drives, which are among the company’s...
A couple of new network attached storage (NAS) devices have been launched by Seagate, with the company aiming at home office workers as well as office environments with up to 50 people. The new units are simply called Seagate NAS and Seagate NAS Pro,...
The G3 has boosted LG's smartphone shipments to record levels and helped reverse three quarters of losses at its phone division, the electronics giant said Thursday.
Samsung claims to have raised the reliability and capacity of solid state drives with the new 1TB models in its 850 Pro line, made using the company's latest memory technology.
Microsoft has significantly increased the capacity of OneDrive Cloud storage included with its Office 365 subscriptions from 20 gigabytes (GB) to 1 terabyte (TB).
Seagate launched the Backup Plus Fast, a portable 4TB drive with improved transfer speeds, and the Backup Plus, the slimmest 2TB portable drive on the market. The event was held at Eastern Creek Raceway to drive the point these new storage drives are...
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
SanDisk’s Extreme Pro USB 3.0 flash drive hasn’t hit the market yet, but the company is touting it as one of the fastest such devices on the market. It claims that it will be able to achieve solid state drive-like results up to 240 megabyte per secon...
Microsoft has chosen OneDrive as the new name for its SkyDrive cloud storage service, which it had agreed to re-baptise after losing a trademark dispute last year with British broadcast TV and broadband provider BSkyB.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA