Information storage and virtualisation company, and wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has added the Hitachi Flash Storage (HFS) A series family to its flash portfolio.
Servers & Storage - News
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
WD unveiled a 10TB helium-filled hard drive that represents a 25% increase in capacity over the previous generation drive.
SSDs have seen four straight quarters of 10% or greater price drops, leading one analyst to predict that they will near price parity with hard drives in the next two years.
Flash memory product company, Lexar, has introduced a 128GB capacity to its Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II memory card range.
Flash memory product company, Lexar, has announced two additions to its mobile USB 3.0 flash drive line: the Lexar JumpDrive M20c and the Lexar JumpDrive M20i.
Dell has agreed to acquire EMC in a cash-and-shares deal valuing the company at US$67 billion, the companies announced Monday.
Hewlett-Packard and SanDisk announced that they have partnered to develop resistive RAM memory (ReRAM) as a non-volatile memory replacement for DRAM that's 1,000 times faster than NAND flash.
Samsung announced its fastest consumer SSD, which comes in a gumstick form factor and has a top speed of 2.5Gbps. Intel announced its fastest enterprise-class PCIe SSD, an expansion card with a top speed of 5Gbps.
In October, Samsung will roll out V-NAND flash M.2 sticks with 256GB and 512GB capacities. If that sounds nice, just wait until you see what's coming in 2016.
Seagate today announced its first laptop drive that can store 2TB of data using just two platters, allowing the company to manufacture them in a 7mm-high form factor.
Irish rockers, U2, are continuing to innovate in their use of video on the current Innocence + Experience tour, and behind the scenes is some extremely high-performance, all-flash technology.
Samsung today announced what it is calling the first multi-terabyte consumer solid-state drive (SSD), which will offer 2TB of capacity in a 2.5-in. form factor for laptops and desktops.
Intel has revealed more details about its next-generation chip code-named Skylake, indicating it will go into a broad range of tablets, PCs and servers.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCProject Specialist l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2QLD
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT