Microsoft has chosen OneDrive as the new name for its SkyDrive cloud storage service, which it had agreed to re-baptise after losing a trademark dispute last year with British broadcast TV and broadband provider BSkyB.
Servers & Storage
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
WD has revealed its Black2 dual drive, which is a fusion drive that contains both a solid state drive (SSD) and hard drive in the same package. It’s a design that’s come about due to extensive feedback from WD’s customers, who expressed a desire to h...
In an event in Sydney yesterday, WD unveiled its latest network storage drive, called My Cloud. The new drive is aimed squarely at consumers, and is designed to take the difficulty out of setting up and installing network storage in the home.
HGST today announced that it’s shipping the world’s highest capacity hard drive, its 6TB Ultrastar He6, which is a hard drive that has been hermetically sealed with helium.
WD today announced a new line of Sentinel Windows-based servers that make use of Intel’s Xeon CPUs. The news models are the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 (which are called the S Series), and they are an improvement over the company’s previous Sentine...
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
HP has revitalised its professional monitor and workstation line-up, launching three budget business monitors and a new workstation designed for high-end users.
Seagate has ushered in the third generation of its hybrid solid state hard drives at Computex, showing off a slim, 7mm notebook model, as well as a desktop-sized drive, both of which aim to bring faster performance to mainstream notebooks and desktop...
Seagate has just announced a thinner and lighter 2.5in hard drive that it hopes will find its way not only into slimmer Ultrabook computers, but also into Android and Windows tablets.
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
When it comes time to buy your next high-performance laptop, chances are good that it will feature a solid state drive (SSD). But what if you'd prefer to have a high-speed, high-capacity traditional hard drive instead? Don't look to Seagate, one of t...
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
The latest Top500 list details the world's mightiest silicon
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW