At a press event on Tuesday, Microsoft launched the next version of Windows: Not Windows One, not Windows 9, but Windows 10, which combines the reborn Start menu with Windows 8's colorful live tiles and adjusts its behavior depending on how you're us...
Servers & Storage - News
SanDisk's 512GB SD card is huge, fast, and built for professionals. It even has the professional price tag to match.
Sixty-million units sold, and 42,000 petabyes of storage space provided to consumers. These are the numbers Western Digital is promoting for the 10th anniversary of its My Passport line of portable, external hard drives, which are among the company’s...
A couple of new network attached storage (NAS) devices have been launched by Seagate, with the company aiming at home office workers as well as office environments with up to 50 people. The new units are simply called Seagate NAS and Seagate NAS Pro,...
The G3 has boosted LG's smartphone shipments to record levels and helped reverse three quarters of losses at its phone division, the electronics giant said Thursday.
Samsung claims to have raised the reliability and capacity of solid state drives with the new 1TB models in its 850 Pro line, made using the company's latest memory technology.
Microsoft has significantly increased the capacity of OneDrive Cloud storage included with its Office 365 subscriptions from 20 gigabytes (GB) to 1 terabyte (TB).
Seagate launched the Backup Plus Fast, a portable 4TB drive with improved transfer speeds, and the Backup Plus, the slimmest 2TB portable drive on the market. The event was held at Eastern Creek Raceway to drive the point these new storage drives are...
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
SanDisk’s Extreme Pro USB 3.0 flash drive hasn’t hit the market yet, but the company is touting it as one of the fastest such devices on the market. It claims that it will be able to achieve solid state drive-like results up to 240 megabyte per secon...
Microsoft has chosen OneDrive as the new name for its SkyDrive cloud storage service, which it had agreed to re-baptise after losing a trademark dispute last year with British broadcast TV and broadband provider BSkyB.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
WD has revealed its Black2 dual drive, which is a fusion drive that contains both a solid state drive (SSD) and hard drive in the same package. It’s a design that’s come about due to extensive feedback from WD’s customers, who expressed a desire to h...
In an event in Sydney yesterday, WD unveiled its latest network storage drive, called My Cloud. The new drive is aimed squarely at consumers, and is designed to take the difficulty out of setting up and installing network storage in the home.
HGST today announced that it’s shipping the world’s highest capacity hard drive, its 6TB Ultrastar He6, which is a hard drive that has been hermetically sealed with helium.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC