Virtualisation is unarguably one of the biggest trends of the past few years, and open-source software has been on the IT radar for a while now. So does that make open-source virtualisation twice as much of a good thing?
Servers & Storage
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Vice President Al Gore today told an audience of scientists, programmers and system builders at the SC09 conference here that their work is essential in the effort to avoid global catastrophe caused by climate change.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff on Thursday attempted to cement an image of the vendor as a full-blown application development platform provider, not merely a purveyor of SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications.
After pulling a firmware upgrade for its X25-M consumer solid state drive last month due to user complaints, Intel Corp. indicated today that it would be re-issuing the upgrade by the end of this month.
Microsoft announced that its Azure cloud computing platform will be launched into production on January 1st of 2010. Chief software architect Ray Ozzie also unveiled details of a cloud computing project, codenamed 'Dallas'.
Sun Microsystems Inc. today announced upgrades to its Sun Storage 7000 family of disk arrays that double the performance and capacity from a maximum of 288TB to 576TB in a 4U (7-in) space. The company is also now offering high-speed InfiniBand connec...
Australia's newest and most powerful supercomputer, set to rocket into the world's top 40, will be launched in Canberra today.
Elastra has announced the availability of its Cloud Server platform, which lets enterprises build public-private computing clouds, it said on Tuesday.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that its upcoming cloud computing platform will come with marketplaces for both online apps built to run on Azure as well as datasets that companies can use to build their own apps.
Diskeeper Corp. today launched software that it says prevents up to 85% of hard drive fragmentation on Microsoft Windows systems, thereby improving performance and virtually eliminating the scheduled, automatic or manual task of defragmentation.
Hewlett-Packard is trying to tackle concerns about the cost and complexity of thin-client computing with new products and tools announced Tuesday.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
An ambitious plan by Japan to build the most powerful computer in the world stands on the brink of collapse this week after a government panel recommended funding for the project be virtually eliminated.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday announced a pair of servers aimed at companies that want to build large-scale computing clusters while maximizing data center space.
There is a race to make supercomputers as powerful as possible to solve some of the world's most important problems, including climate change, the need for ultra-long-life batteries for cars, operating fusion reactors with plasma that reaches 150 mil...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT