Dell on Wednesday said it would start selling uninterruptible power supplies with its own brand name as it tries to expand its reach in the server space.
Servers & Storage
Hitachi Data Systems announced the availability of its Network Attached Storage (NAS) platform, with two new solutions for midrange storage. Hitachi NAS 3080 and 3090 offer Intelligent File Tiering capability in midrange and include benefits to incre...
The U.S. has upgraded the supercomputer used to develop weather forecast models, a system so critical to meteorologists that the government has bought a second, identical system as a backup.
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
The man in charge of Sun Microsystems' global data-center strategy and a noted speaker on data-center energy efficiency is leaving Sun to work at eBay, he said on Tuesday.
Continued delays in the completion of Oracle Corp.'s pending US$7.4 billion acquisition of Sun Microsystems Inc. have put the latter into a limbo that appears to be devastating its computer server business.
Like many technology vendors, Dell has been battered in recent months by a steep drop in demand for computers and other technology products. Yet demand remains strong for one of Dell's smaller product families, the EqualLogic range of iSCSI (Internet...
VMworld, one of the industry's biggest virtualization conferences and VMware's home turf, was hosted this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Here are 15 things seen and heard at the show.
A critical flaw in the FTP component of Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) can allow an attacker to execute malicious commands on a server, Microsoft warned in a new security advisory.
VMware has defended its decision to place new restrictions on sponsors and exhibitors at this year’s VMworld conference, blaming the move on “shenanigans” pulled by Microsoft at last year’s VMworld in Las Vegas.
Toshiba showed its first Blu-ray Disc player and laptop computer on Thursday, less than a month after confirming it was putting the high-def disc format battle behind it by joining the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Intel's upcoming Braidwood NAND flash memory module, which is aimed at giving users faster boot-ups and application launches, could undermine solid-state disk (SSD) demand, according to a recent report on the new technology.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies today announced it's shipping the fifth generation of its 7200-rpm, 2.5-inch laptop hard disk drive that, at 500GB, has more than twice the capacity of its predecessor and is 16% faster.
Intel has tweaked its chip road map, with plans to extend its upcoming Westmere mainstream desktop dual-core chips with integrated graphics processors to entry-level servers.
The European Commission opened an in-depth investigation into Oracle's planned $7.4 billion takeover of Sun Microsystems Thursday, citing concerns about the deal's effect on competition in the market for databases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Lexar launches new USB JumpDrives
- Samsung's 950 Pro SSD marries V-NAND and NVMe for ludicrously fast speeds
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW