Seagate Technology LLC today started shipping a 6Gbit/sec serial ATA hard disk drive, which doubles the throughput of its previous high-end SATA drive.
Servers & Storage - News
A new SATA interface to be introduced Monday at the Intel Developer Forum will provide a standard for solid-state storage vendors to use when building components for netbooks and laptops.
Despite the first ever USB 3.0 motherboard being delayed, the authors of a recent report think that our wait for Superspeed USB may be nearing an end.
HP has announced it will offer 60GB and 120GB solid-state disk (SSD) drives as an option across the full range of HP ProLiant G6 servers, as well as in select ProLiant G5 servers.
OCZ Technology Group Inc. today unveiled the Z-Drive, a PCI-Express (PCIe) solid-state disk (SSD) drive designed for enterprise-class data centers that boasts throughput speeds of up to 800MB/sec.
A few months ago I reviewed Pogoplug, a gizmo that lets you connect USB drives directly to the Internet for access from anywhere. I said the best thing about it was the slick, simple service that let you get to your files from any browser. Seagate se...
Addressing complaints about slow Windows startup times, Hewlett-Packard Co. plans to introduce a new business desktop PC that comes with a solid-state disk drive (SSD) to speed up Windows 7 and other applications.
Pillar Data Systems Inc. said this week that it's replacing Intel's X25-E solid state disk (SSD) drive as an option for its storage arrays with a drive from STEC Inc. because of firmware problems with the Intel's drive that lead to performance slowdo...
Google will offer cloud-computing services designed specifically for U.S. government agencies starting next year, the company announced Tuesday at NASA Aims Research Center.
Oracle's acquisition of Sun Microsystems is being closely scrutinized by European Union regulatory authorities, but that isn't stopping the companies from making their first joint announcement since the deal was announced in April.
CA said Monday it has reached a US$200 million deal to buy NetQoS, a maker of software for tracking network and application performance. The transaction is scheduled to close before the end of the year.
Not all flash memory cards are created alike. Nowhere is this more evident than with the new SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card. Available in 16GB to 64GB capacities, this card promises, and delivers, on extreme: Armed with SanDisk's rearchitected...
In a move that flouts common business logic, Google is making it as easy as possible for people to migrate away from its services -- including Google Docs, Gmail and Blogger -- and by doing so is positioning itself to be users' first port of call wit...
Intel has announced it will be shipping an enhanced version of its dual-processing Nehalem Xeon chip that is aimed specifically at the data storage and communications market with the ability to natively create RAID and is integrated with PCI Express ...
Oracle Corp. ended it silence Thursday on its post-merger plans for Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Unix systems in an advertisement aimed at Sun customers to keep them from leaving the Sparc and Solaris platforms.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT