A worldwide outage of Google's Gmail online e-mail system on Tuesday was caused by a traffic jam on its servers, according to Google's official Gmail blog.
Servers & Storage
Oracle's pending acquisition has put Sun Microsystems Inc. into a limbo that appears to be devouring its server business.
The San Diego Supercomputer Center has built a high-performance computer with solid-state drives, which the center says could help solve science problems faster than systems with traditional hard drives.
VMware announced a new program on Tuesday through which service providers will offer pay-as-you-go computing services similar to those from Amazon Web Services.
People expecting Solid State Drives (SSDs) to become more popular may have longer to wait, according to a new report from Objective Analysis.
IBM is rolling out a subscription service that aims to make it easier for large companies to use desktop virtualization, a technology that has been slow to take off but which some say has big potential.
EMC will resell virtualization management software from VMware alongside its own Ionix management platform in an expanded partnership aimed at helping enterprises build private clouds.
EMC has acquired FastScale Technology, a vendor of software for data centers, in an effort to focus on supporting private cloud infrastructures, the company announced Monday.
A hacker has posted code that could be used to take over a system running Microsoft IIS (Internet Information Services) server.
OpSource on Friday announced a new cloud computing infrastructure service that it says meets the security and management needs of enterprises more effectively than rival offerings.
Swedish outfit BlockMaster has launched what it claims to be the world's fastest secure USB stick, curing, it says, the problematic trade-off between security and performance.
EMC Corp.'s Iomega Corp. unit yesterday introduced its next-generation quad-drive desktop NAS server, which offers a storage capacity of up to 8TB, iSCSI connectivity for block-level data transfer, multiple RAID configurations and remote access and m...
One of the early promises of software-as-a-service and cloud computing was that it would allow startups to directly market their Web services while skipping the expensive, lengthy process of creating an ecosystem of partners and resellers.
IBM has for the first time taken an image of a molecule's surface, which could lead to the construction of cheaper, more power-efficient chips, the company said Thursday.
Pillar Data Systems on Thursday introduced what it called the first 2TB SATA hard drive for enterprise storage, which would usher in the next phase of data-center storage density.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
- Intel's new SSDs are advance scouts for NVMe
- Intel's fastest 22-core Broadwell chip comes to new servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW