Transcend has added a new rugged USB flash drive to its range of memory products. The Transcend JetFlash V70 is claimed to have anti-shock features, survive dust and splashes. For this, its exterior casing is made of rubber, and has a tethered cap ho...
Servers & Storage - News
Chip makers will describe plans to deliver server processors with eight CPU cores at the Hot Chips conference at Stanford University, though there is some debate about what the products will mean for end-users.
Oracle on Thursday said the U.S. Department of Justice has approved its US$7.4 billion acquisition of Sun Microsystems, although the deal is subject to certain conditions and still needs the blessing of European regulators.
Java framework builder SpringSource is set to provide enterprise Java developers a platform for cloud-based deployments with the unveiling on Tuesday of SpringSource Cloud Foundry.
IBM on Tuesday introduced middleware that can gather data from a wide variety of networked sensors, analyze it, and feed it into other enterprise applications that can also use the data to make decisions.
Terracotta announced Tuesday that is has acquired the intellectual property behind Ehcache, a popular Java-based open-source distributed caching technology.
The Open Group is forming a new cloud computing committee that brings vendors and end-user organizations together to develop a common understanding about how cloud services should be deployed safely and effectively.
IBM is trying to shore up flagging sales of its System z mainframe with a set of hardware, software and services combinations aimed at specific application workloads.
Scientists at IBM are experimenting with using DNA molecules as a way to create tiny circuits that could form the basis of smaller, more powerful computer chips.
Amazon Web Services has expanded a shipping service for large data sets on its S3 cloud storage platform so customers can get their content back instead of just sending it.
When a light-weight box arrived on my desk recently from Toshiba Corp., I immediately figured I had a new solid-state disk (SSD) drive to review. In fact, it was an SSD -- a whopping 500GB drive wrapped in a laptop that tipped the scales at a mere 2....
Corsair Memory Inc. today announced what it claims to be the world's fastest a 128GB USB flash drive, the Flash Voyager GT. The <a href="http://www.corsair.com/products/voyagergt_128/">newest Flash Voyager GT</a> is based on a dual-controller archite...
Four open-source and proprietary vendors on Wednesday announced a new partnership resulting in a cloud-based BI (business intelligence) stack.
Intel Corp. and Micron Technology Inc. announced today that they have developed a new 3-bit-per-cell, NAND flash memory technology using Micron's 34-nanometer lithography process.
What's better than 2-bits per cell? 3 bits of course. IM Flash Technologies, a joint venture between Intel and Micron, has announced that they have developed a 3-bit-per-cell NAND device that Micron will begin producing for commercial consumption thi...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCIT Operations Centre EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW