LogMeIn has released details of its cloud storage and data sharing service, Cubby. It's a service that's still in beta mode and users are required to submit their email address at Cubby.com in the hope of getting an invite to test it out.
Servers & Storage - News
From the hum of an old car's engine to the galunk! of a fictional plumber's fireball, sounds have an amazing ability to transport us back in time. Even just a two-second pop is often enough to bring back powerful memories of people, places, and objec...
PHOENIX - Here are two facts about Brook Colangelo 's job as the CIO of the Executive Office of President.
We've put together a list of the most desirable features below, grouped into several broad categories. You may not need everything mentioned, though it is hoped that this will help you arrive at a decision about the right NAS for your organization.
IBM researchers have developed a prototype optical chip that can transfer data at 1Tbps (terabit per second), the equivalent of downloading 500 high-definition movies, using light pulses, the company said Thursday.
Domino's Pizza has completed a major move to cloud computing, aimed at freeing up internal resources.
Data centres need to be secure, temperature controlled, spacious, redundant, reliable – nothing sexy. But that doesn't mean they can't be. Here are a few that rise above the crowd and take advantage of the possibilities.
HP and Microsoft have announced a new four-year partnership to deliver public, private and hybrid cloud solutions built around Microsoft Office 365 and its on-premise equivalents.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Seagate today announced its new desktop hard drive range: Barracuda One. The Barracuda One range features drives with an aerial density of up to 1TB per platter and all drives in the range have a spin speed of 7200rpm no drives are faster or slower t...
Toshiba enters the nascent 1-terabyte laptop hard drive market with the company's first 2.5-inch 1TB HDD, the MQ01ABD. The drive has an industry-standard 9.5mm height and uses two 500GB platters.
OS X Lion is out in Australia, and it comes as standard on all Macs from now on. It's a cheap upgrade for anyone with a pre-existing copy of OS X Snow Leopard, coming in at only $31.99. It's a 4GB file, and Apple is advising users without broadband t...
Last night, the online Australian Apple Store mysteriously disappeared... and when it returned, it was packed to the brim with new toys. There's a new MacBook Air, new Mac Mini, new unified Thunderbolt Display, and a new OSX Lion operating system to ...
Suncorp and IDC added to the agenda for the Implementing Information Infrastructure Symposium (III)
JP Morgan is now able to run risk analysis and price its global credit portfolio in near real-time after implementing application-led, High Performance Computing (HPC) capabilities developed by Maxeler Technologies.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW