F5 Networks today announced the release of two new file virtualization appliances, an entry-level offering and a midrange product that features 10-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
Servers & Storage
Asia's cloud computing industry group recently unveiled two initiatives that can help guide organisations in the region as they consider adopting cloud computing.
IBM Thursday announced a breakthrough in computer memory technology, which may lead to the development of solid-state chips that can store as much data as NAND flash technology but with 100 times the performance and vastly greater lifespan.
Samsung Electronics today announced that it is manufacturing a high-performance microSD card with twice the data transfer speeds as its previous generation cards designed for smartphones.
One thing we all have is lots of old software, and we always need to worry about how we will run that one crucial application next year, the year after, or a decade down the road. Will the hardware be available? Will the drivers and libraries require...
Microsoft is improving accommodations for Java developers on the Windows Azure cloud, with an upgraded plug-in for Eclipse-based software developers.
Microsoft officially launched Office 365 on Tuesday.
I had the opportunity to participate in two conferences over the past couple of weeks, and got what are essentially headlines ripped from today's newspapers about the state of cloud computing in the real world as well as a figurative text message fro...
Widespread adoption of cloud computing could be threatened because IT departments do not have the time to get it off the ground, according to a report.
Apple on Tuesday released new models of Time Capsule, its combination backup drive and wireless base station.The new Time Capsules are available in 2TB and 3TB capacities—previously, Time Capsule had topped out at 2TB.
IBM on Monday announced two cloud-based disaster recovery services for businesses: the IBM SmartCloud Virtualized Server Recovery and the IBM SmartCloud Archive.
OCZ Technology today released a new enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD), the Deneva 2, which comes with SandForce's latest controller technology, almost doubling the performance over its last iteration of the drive.
There's "the cloud" and then there's Windows Azure.
Online storage service Dropbox made an embarrassing error Monday, turning off password authentication for millions of users.
Tilera on Tuesday announced a new general-purpose CPU with 100 processing cores, which the company hopes will provide headway into a server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW