Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Servers & Storage
Seagate today announced its new desktop hard drive range: Barracuda One. The Barracuda One range features drives with an aerial density of up to 1TB per platter and all drives in the range have a spin speed of 7200rpm no drives are faster or slower t...
Toshiba enters the nascent 1-terabyte laptop hard drive market with the company's first 2.5-inch 1TB HDD, the MQ01ABD. The drive has an industry-standard 9.5mm height and uses two 500GB platters.
Last night, the online Australian Apple Store mysteriously disappeared... and when it returned, it was packed to the brim with new toys. There's a new MacBook Air, new Mac Mini, new unified Thunderbolt Display, and a new OSX Lion operating system to ...
OS X Lion is out in Australia, and it comes as standard on all Macs from now on. It's a cheap upgrade for anyone with a pre-existing copy of OS X Snow Leopard, coming in at only $31.99. It's a 4GB file, and Apple is advising users without broadband t...
Suncorp and IDC added to the agenda for the Implementing Information Infrastructure Symposium (III)
JP Morgan is now able to run risk analysis and price its global credit portfolio in near real-time after implementing application-led, High Performance Computing (HPC) capabilities developed by Maxeler Technologies.
Three quarters of companies are either currently using or plan to use public cloud storage offerings. What's more, all organizations with more than 500 employees are using or planning use of public cloud storage, mostly for e-mail, data protection an...
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
A group of British researchers led by the daddy of the ARM processor, normally found in smartphones, went to find out how many how many neurons can an ARM chip simulate.
Asia's cloud computing industry group recently unveiled two initiatives that can help guide organisations in the region as they consider adopting cloud computing.
F5 Networks today announced the release of two new file virtualization appliances, an entry-level offering and a midrange product that features 10-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
IBM Thursday announced a breakthrough in computer memory technology, which may lead to the development of solid-state chips that can store as much data as NAND flash technology but with 100 times the performance and vastly greater lifespan.
Samsung Electronics today announced that it is manufacturing a high-performance microSD card with twice the data transfer speeds as its previous generation cards designed for smartphones.
One thing we all have is lots of old software, and we always need to worry about how we will run that one crucial application next year, the year after, or a decade down the road. Will the hardware be available? Will the drivers and libraries require...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT