OCZ Technology today released a new enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD), the Deneva 2, which comes with SandForce's latest controller technology, almost doubling the performance over its last iteration of the drive.
Servers & Storage
There's "the cloud" and then there's Windows Azure.
Online storage service Dropbox made an embarrassing error Monday, turning off password authentication for millions of users.
Tilera on Tuesday announced a new general-purpose CPU with 100 processing cores, which the company hopes will provide headway into a server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
Oracle refused to provide critical bug fixes for customers who run its software on Hewlett-Packard's Integrity servers, in a bid to coerce them to switch over to Oracle hardware, HP alleged in a lawsuit it filed Wednesday.
Apple today took administrative control of the iCloud.com domain less than a week before CEO Steve Jobs is to unveil his company's new cloud-based service.
The Seagate GoFlex Satellite hard drive takes the shackles off your tablet, freeing it to connect to a greater amount of storage capacity -- without having to go through any pesky wires. But although the hardware implementation is adequate, the softw...
Dell on Monday announced a four-socket blade server with up to 48 processor cores for deployment in virtualized environments.
Intel today announced that it will transition to Tri-Gate transistors in its new 22 nanometre microprocessors, which will allow it to build upward in a CPU, rather than stay flat. This will have the net effect of allowing Intel to cram a lot more tra...
EMC subsidiary Iomega today unveiled a new series of simple disk storage arrays aimed at small-to-medium sized businesses and remote offices.
Startup chip design company Adapteva on Tuesday announced the multicore Epiphany processor, which is designed to accelerate applications in servers and low-power devices such as smartphones and tablets.
References to what may be a code name for Apple's rumored iCloud service are reported found in the latest developer preview of Mac OS X Lion by the French blog Consomac.
Intel plans to release five new solid-state drives (SSDs) before year's end, according to reports.
Sony plans to resume production of Blu-ray and other optical discs at a tsunami-hit factory in northern Japan in late May, it said Thursday.
A new interconnect technology being developed by Intel could be ready for use by 2015 and will be able to shuttle data between computers at up to five times the speed of its recently launched Thunderbolt technology, an Intel researcher said on Wednes...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA