VMware will gain a substantial footprint in enterprise Java application development with its pending acquisition of SpringSource, which was announced Monday. But the virtualization giant may follow up that move -- made in support of a new PaaS (platf...
Servers & Storage - News
BMC on Monday said it has bought MQSoftware, maker of middleware that helps companies monitor the performance of IBM's WebSphere MQ software, as well as other platforms. Terms were not disclosed.
Samsung has announced the launch of its S1 Mini ultra-portable external hard drive with a maximum disk capacity of 250GB. The Samsung S1 Mini features a USB 1.8-inch hard drive which is the size of a credit card, thereby making it extremely pocketabl...
Cloud computing and flash-based storage, two of the fastest-growing technologies in IT, may drive each other forward as Internet-based service providers demand faster access to large amounts of data.
Microsoft this week is giving developers an early peek at SQL Server 2008 R2, the next generation of its flagship database.
VMware has struck a deal to acquire enterprise Java vendor SpringSource for $US362 million.
Apple is working on a software update to address hard drive issues affecting its latest 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro laptops. Users are complaining in droves on Internet forums that machines configured with faster, 7,200-rpm Seagate hard disk driv...
Hitachi became the latest vendor to offer a 2TB hard drive for desktops on Thursday, but the equivalent for laptops may still be some way off.
Microsoft will soon move its Azure services off its data center in Washington, due to changes in the way such facilities are taxed in the state.
OCZ Technology Group Inc. said today it will release its Colossus solid-state drive (SSD) in the next couple of weeks, delivering the first 3.5-inch form factor SSD with 1TB of capacity.
Texas Memory Systems today unveiled its fastest and highest capacity solid state disk (SSD) system, <a href="http://www.computerworld.comwww.ramsan.com/products/ramsan-6200.htm">the RamSan 6200</a>, which offers as much as 100 terabytes of capacity i...
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Inc. <a href="http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/products/deskstar/7K2000/">announced today</a> that it is shipping what it said is the world's first 2TB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive, the Deskstar 7K2000.
A company that develops workload management tools for high-performance clusters is bringing its products to the commercial data center, where it says it can help companies allocate computing resources more efficiently.
Washington State breaks ground this month on a new data center and office complex that two state lawmakers have called a "mistake." A better approach, they argue, might include turning over some of the state's computing resources to commercial cloud ...
SD memory cards capable of reading and writing data at speeds faster than current cards should be available in less than a year, Toshiba said on Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance TesterWA
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW