The European Commission plans to release its first opinion on Oracle's proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems on Sept. 3.
Servers & Storage
Intel has confirmed that its new consumer-class X25-M and X18-M solid state-disk drives (SSDs) suffer from data corruption issues and said it has pulled back shipments to resellers.
IBM and HP are trying to lure server and storage customers away from Sun Microsystems by exploiting uncertainty caused by Oracle's pending acquisition of the company.
IBM preparing a new series of BI (business intelligence) products dubbed Smart Analytics Systems, the company was expected to announce Tuesday.
Cisco is trying to enhance storage performance on the IBM mainframe as well as third-party SAN products with new features added to its MDS 9000 storage networking product line. The goal is to enhance security and accelerate data traffic over distance...
Western Digital Corp. today unveiled what it said is the industry's highest capacity 2.5-inch mobile hard disk drive, the 1TB WD Scorpio Blue.
The UK government's national pandemic flu website, hosted by BT, crashed within four minutes of going live yesterday.
Despite complaints from many users, Oracle is showing no signs it will reverse course on plans to shut down the venerable MetaLink support portal, long used by thousands of IT professionals around the world.
With virtualisation being increasingly rolled out across many data centres and server rooms, Quantum has this week begun shipping a module that will allow for the backup and restoration of VMware ESX virtual servers on its DXi-Series of disk backup s...
VMware reported a drop in profit for the second quarter as businesses cut spending on new software amid the tough economy.
Transcend has announced the availability of its "ultra-speed" Solid State Drive with model number SSD25D. It is a 2.5 inch drive (laptop hard disk form factor) that operates over the SATA II interface. It has 64MB of inbuilt DRAM cache. SSDs are gene...
Intel has launched new solid-state drives that are cheaper and have faster write speeds than their predecessors, the company said Tuesday.
Kingston today released the world's largest capacity USB memory stick: a flash drive with 256GB worth of storage.
Mauritius, a small developing island nation off the east coast of Madagascar, will be the second African country to host Google Cache Servers.
Microsoft's historic embrace of Linux technology could have wide-reaching impacts on the virtualization market and Microsoft's rival VMware.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC