Penguin Computing, which builds high-performance Linux clusters for tasks like weather modelling and product design, is taking its business into the cloud.
Servers & Storage - News
Intel on Tuesday said it had resumed shipping its latest consumers solid-state drives (SSDs) after resolving a password bug that made the drives inoperable, making it impossible to access or retrieve data.
VMware will gain a substantial footprint in enterprise Java application development with its pending acquisition of SpringSource, which was announced Monday. But the virtualization giant may follow up that move -- made in support of a new PaaS (platf...
BMC on Monday said it has bought MQSoftware, maker of middleware that helps companies monitor the performance of IBM's WebSphere MQ software, as well as other platforms. Terms were not disclosed.
Samsung has announced the launch of its S1 Mini ultra-portable external hard drive with a maximum disk capacity of 250GB. The Samsung S1 Mini features a USB 1.8-inch hard drive which is the size of a credit card, thereby making it extremely pocketabl...
Cloud computing and flash-based storage, two of the fastest-growing technologies in IT, may drive each other forward as Internet-based service providers demand faster access to large amounts of data.
Microsoft this week is giving developers an early peek at SQL Server 2008 R2, the next generation of its flagship database.
VMware has struck a deal to acquire enterprise Java vendor SpringSource for $US362 million.
Apple is working on a software update to address hard drive issues affecting its latest 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro laptops. Users are complaining in droves on Internet forums that machines configured with faster, 7,200-rpm Seagate hard disk driv...
Hitachi became the latest vendor to offer a 2TB hard drive for desktops on Thursday, but the equivalent for laptops may still be some way off.
Microsoft will soon move its Azure services off its data center in Washington, due to changes in the way such facilities are taxed in the state.
OCZ Technology Group Inc. said today it will release its Colossus solid-state drive (SSD) in the next couple of weeks, delivering the first 3.5-inch form factor SSD with 1TB of capacity.
Texas Memory Systems today unveiled its fastest and highest capacity solid state disk (SSD) system, <a href="http://www.computerworld.comwww.ramsan.com/products/ramsan-6200.htm">the RamSan 6200</a>, which offers as much as 100 terabytes of capacity i...
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Inc. <a href="http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/products/deskstar/7K2000/">announced today</a> that it is shipping what it said is the world's first 2TB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive, the Deskstar 7K2000.
A company that develops workload management tools for high-performance clusters is bringing its products to the commercial data center, where it says it can help companies allocate computing resources more efficiently.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW