SD memory cards capable of reading and writing data at speeds faster than current cards should be available in less than a year, Toshiba said on Tuesday.
Servers & Storage
Memory maker OCZ has confirmed it will launch a new 1TB Solid State Drive (SSD) that will fit 3.5-inch drive slots later this month. Various gadget sites have been reporting on the rumors of the launch, and now the company confirmed that the 1TB Colo...
The European Commission plans to release its first opinion on Oracle's proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems on Sept. 3.
Intel has confirmed that its new consumer-class X25-M and X18-M solid state-disk drives (SSDs) suffer from data corruption issues and said it has pulled back shipments to resellers.
IBM and HP are trying to lure server and storage customers away from Sun Microsystems by exploiting uncertainty caused by Oracle's pending acquisition of the company.
IBM preparing a new series of BI (business intelligence) products dubbed Smart Analytics Systems, the company was expected to announce Tuesday.
Cisco is trying to enhance storage performance on the IBM mainframe as well as third-party SAN products with new features added to its MDS 9000 storage networking product line. The goal is to enhance security and accelerate data traffic over distance...
Western Digital Corp. today unveiled what it said is the industry's highest capacity 2.5-inch mobile hard disk drive, the 1TB WD Scorpio Blue.
The UK government's national pandemic flu website, hosted by BT, crashed within four minutes of going live yesterday.
Despite complaints from many users, Oracle is showing no signs it will reverse course on plans to shut down the venerable MetaLink support portal, long used by thousands of IT professionals around the world.
With virtualisation being increasingly rolled out across many data centres and server rooms, Quantum has this week begun shipping a module that will allow for the backup and restoration of VMware ESX virtual servers on its DXi-Series of disk backup s...
VMware reported a drop in profit for the second quarter as businesses cut spending on new software amid the tough economy.
Transcend has announced the availability of its "ultra-speed" Solid State Drive with model number SSD25D. It is a 2.5 inch drive (laptop hard disk form factor) that operates over the SATA II interface. It has 64MB of inbuilt DRAM cache. SSDs are gene...
Intel has launched new solid-state drives that are cheaper and have faster write speeds than their predecessors, the company said Tuesday.
Kingston today released the world's largest capacity USB memory stick: a flash drive with 256GB worth of storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT