Kingston today released the world's largest capacity USB memory stick: a flash drive with 256GB worth of storage.
Servers & Storage
Mauritius, a small developing island nation off the east coast of Madagascar, will be the second African country to host Google Cache Servers.
Microsoft's historic embrace of Linux technology could have wide-reaching impacts on the virtualization market and Microsoft's rival VMware.
Exactly a year and five months after Toshiba brought an end to the high-definition disc format war, the Japanese consumer electronics company confirmed its plans to produce its own Blu-ray Disc player. Previously, rumors trickled in about Toshiba con...
Memory maker Corsair has announced additions to its range of solid-state hard drives. The new 'Extreme Series' is a collection of three high performance drives which are perfect as primary drives in notebooks and desktop systems and come in 32GB, 64G...
The Digital Entertainment Group released its midyear report today, and Blu-ray Disc is a noteworthy bright spot.
Microsoft has not made clear how it will incorporate Windows Azure pricing into the long-term contracts it signs with its enterprise customers, but a company executive said this week Microsoft intends to make it as simple as possible for them to take...
IBM's Power servers topped a list of most reliable x86 and Unix machines in a new survey, clocking in at only 15 minutes of unplanned downtime per year.
HP has agreed to purchase a storage company called Ibrix that builds file serving software for extreme cloud and high-performance storage computing environments.
Storage vendor Freecom has come up with a new external USB hard drive that can only be accessed using an RFID (radio frequency identification) swipe card.
Google has taken a radical new approach when it comes to cooling data centres. The search giant has opened a unique data centre in Belgium that has no backup chillers installed, but instead relies totally upon free air cooling to keep its servers co...
The coming Power Pack 3 for the Windows Home Server operating system will let users backup and restore Windows 7 PCs, Microsoft Corp. said on Friday.
Rimini Street, provider of third-party maintenance for SAP and Oracle applications, said this week that business bookings have quadrupled during the first six months of this year.
IBM on Thursday reported second-quarter earnings of US$2.32 per share, an 18 percent increase over last year, but said revenue fell 13 percent to $23.3 billion. Net income for Q2 rose 12 percent to $3.1 billion.
Sun Microsystems' shareholders voted on Thursday to approve the company's acquisition by Oracle, but not by a wide margin.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTChange LeadNSW