Microsoft this week is giving developers an early peek at SQL Server 2008 R2, the next generation of its flagship database.
Servers & Storage - News
VMware has struck a deal to acquire enterprise Java vendor SpringSource for $US362 million.
Apple is working on a software update to address hard drive issues affecting its latest 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro laptops. Users are complaining in droves on Internet forums that machines configured with faster, 7,200-rpm Seagate hard disk driv...
Hitachi became the latest vendor to offer a 2TB hard drive for desktops on Thursday, but the equivalent for laptops may still be some way off.
Microsoft will soon move its Azure services off its data center in Washington, due to changes in the way such facilities are taxed in the state.
OCZ Technology Group Inc. said today it will release its Colossus solid-state drive (SSD) in the next couple of weeks, delivering the first 3.5-inch form factor SSD with 1TB of capacity.
Texas Memory Systems today unveiled its fastest and highest capacity solid state disk (SSD) system, <a href="http://www.computerworld.comwww.ramsan.com/products/ramsan-6200.htm">the RamSan 6200</a>, which offers as much as 100 terabytes of capacity i...
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Inc. <a href="http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/products/deskstar/7K2000/">announced today</a> that it is shipping what it said is the world's first 2TB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive, the Deskstar 7K2000.
A company that develops workload management tools for high-performance clusters is bringing its products to the commercial data center, where it says it can help companies allocate computing resources more efficiently.
Washington State breaks ground this month on a new data center and office complex that two state lawmakers have called a "mistake." A better approach, they argue, might include turning over some of the state's computing resources to commercial cloud ...
SD memory cards capable of reading and writing data at speeds faster than current cards should be available in less than a year, Toshiba said on Tuesday.
Memory maker OCZ has confirmed it will launch a new 1TB Solid State Drive (SSD) that will fit 3.5-inch drive slots later this month. Various gadget sites have been reporting on the rumors of the launch, and now the company confirmed that the 1TB Colo...
The European Commission plans to release its first opinion on Oracle's proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems on Sept. 3.
Intel has confirmed that its new consumer-class X25-M and X18-M solid state-disk drives (SSDs) suffer from data corruption issues and said it has pulled back shipments to resellers.
IBM and HP are trying to lure server and storage customers away from Sun Microsystems by exploiting uncertainty caused by Oracle's pending acquisition of the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DEVELOPERVIC
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- CCNetapp Data OnTapNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2ACT
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCProject Manager - Regulatory ReportingNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - General Insurance experience requiredVIC
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW