Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Servers & Storage
Microsoft plans to release its Windows Azure cloud-computing platform before the end of the year, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
VMware has security for its cloud OS, an API for integrating internal and external clouds and improved management features in store for the visitors of VMworld Europe, which kicked off on Tuesday.
Veeam has upgraded its VMware disaster recovery software to allow customers to use it in conjunction with ESX, ESXi and ESXi free. In addition, the software also offers fast-file recovery for Linux.
Seagate Technology Thursday said it has dropped its lawsuit and all claims alleging STEC misappropriated its hard disk drive (HDD) technology as it related to the development of solid state disk (SSD) drives.
Increased traction in markets already on the virtualisation bandwagon will raise revenues by 43 per cent in 2009, according to a recent Gartner report.
HP is unveiling the fourth generation of its blade PC line and bundling the devices with Citrix XenDesktop 3 virtualization software.
Guaranteeing application performance over a WAN is hard enough. Now try doing it in a virtual environment.
IBM and Juniper on Monday provided a sneak peek at technology that lets enterprise IT managers easily reallocate computing resources between a private and a public cloud.
SanDisk Tuesday announced that it will begin mass production of the first high-performance X3 and X4 flash memory, using 32- and 43-nanometer lithography process technology, respectively. The denser flash technology will enable up to 64Gbit of memory...
Citrix is introducing new technology to improve the delivery of voice, video and 3D graphics to virtual desktops and to make decisions about traffic prioritization in order to boost end-user experience.
EMC and Microsoft have extended a partnership that focuses on interoperability of products related to virtualization, security and content management, the companies announced this week.
Dell this week talked about steps the company is taking to improve energy efficiency in servers, also outlining a server-refresh cycle that could help customers cut energy costs in the long run.
VMware this week announced VMware View Open Client and claimed that it advances its vClient Initiative toward universal clients.
Sun Microsystems plans to detail on March 18 its grand entrance into the cloud computing space, Sun officials said Tuesday morning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCData AnalystNSW