If IBM is in the due diligence phase of acquisition talks with Sun Microsystems, as news reports suggest, then it has an awful lot to be diligent about.
Servers & Storage - News
Seagate will introduce its first SSD (solid-state drive) storage and 2T-byte hard drive next year, company CEO Bill Watkins said.
Solid-state drives based on flash memory are turning up in products from seemingly every hardware vendor these days, signaling that the technology may be inching closer to mass adoption.
IT shops are turning to the cloud even faster than expected, at least according to Gartner, and other firms had already predicted hearty adoption throughout the next few years.
Dell has released fourteen new products in a significant refresh of its enterprise server, workstation and storage systems portfolio.
VMware will expand in China as it moves to meet rising demand for desktop and data center virtualization in the country, a company executive said in an interview Wednesday.
Questions around security, vendor openness and cost continue to hold back cloud computing adoption in Australia, according to analyst firm IDC.
Dell is set to update on Wednesday the virtualized storage line it acquired in its purchase of EqualLogic last year, now aiming at the needs of larger enterprises.
Michael Dell sees a potential acquisition of Sun Microsystems by IBM as an opportunity for his company to secure more customers and a greater share of the enterprise computing market, he said Tuesday.
Microsoft has no plans to let businesses license and host its Windows Azure cloud-computing infrastructure on their own premises, the company said this week.
Hosting company The Planet has teamed up with Nirvanix to bundle widely available cloud storage with high-speed hosted capacity.
NAND flash memory vendors responded to the slowing economy and weak consumer confidence by phasing out production of 200mm wafer manufacturing and cutting overall flash memory production to an industry-wide average of 70% in the first quarter of this...
Online backup service provider Carbonite is suing storage vendor Promise Technology, saying repeated failures of Promise gear have caused "significant data loss" at Carbonite.
Sydney-based video technology company Vquence has launched a social video metrics product dubbed VQmetrics aimed at making sense of social video marketing.
Cloud-computing provider 3Tera announced this week that beginning in April, its Virtual Private Datacenter service will offer a 99.999 percent SLA (service-level agreement).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT