Amazon Web Services Thursday for the first time began giving customers in the U.S. the ability to reserve capacity in advance on its Elastic Compute Cloud infrastructure.
Servers & Storage
Citrix has announced the latest generation of its core application virtualisation product, XenApp 5, now includes XenServer for server virtualization and improved management capabilities.
Citrix Systems has announced global software company SAP will use its XenServer to virtualise 500 servers by mid-2009.
EMC and VMware plan to continue working together closely in the years ahead, said EMC's top executive, dispelling speculation the storage vendor might sell down its stake in the virtualization software company.
Sun's systems design approach to SSD integration across software, systems and storage will give users up to 70 percent faster response times and up to 98 percent less power consumption than traditional spinning hard disk drives, the company said.
Microsoft, which last year announced plans to bring a limited version of its SQL Server database online, now plans to offer a fully capable cloud version.
NSW property development company PacLib Group has saved thousands in data centre costs by cutting its 16 servers down to three and deploying virtualisation.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
The desktop is one the areas ripe for moving into the cloud, and the driver will be lower operational costs for both large and small companies, a VMware executive said at the company's VMworld conference in Cannes.
Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Microsoft plans to release its Windows Azure cloud-computing platform before the end of the year, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
VMware has security for its cloud OS, an API for integrating internal and external clouds and improved management features in store for the visitors of VMworld Europe, which kicked off on Tuesday.
Veeam has upgraded its VMware disaster recovery software to allow customers to use it in conjunction with ESX, ESXi and ESXi free. In addition, the software also offers fast-file recovery for Linux.
Seagate Technology Thursday said it has dropped its lawsuit and all claims alleging STEC misappropriated its hard disk drive (HDD) technology as it related to the development of solid state disk (SSD) drives.
Increased traction in markets already on the virtualisation bandwagon will raise revenues by 43 per cent in 2009, according to a recent Gartner report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
- Intel's new SSDs are advance scouts for NVMe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT