Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched a new line of Integrity NonStop servers that the company says offers improved performance over its other entry-level servers that require high uptime.
Servers & Storage
Fusion-io Friday announced what it is calling the fastest server-based solid state drive on the market today, with double the slot capacity if its older PCI Express-based ioDrive.
Amazon has a new competitor in the cloud computing arena, with Rackspace debuting pay-as-you-go server instances and an online storage service.
Amazon Web Services Thursday for the first time began giving customers in the U.S. the ability to reserve capacity in advance on its Elastic Compute Cloud infrastructure.
Citrix has announced the latest generation of its core application virtualisation product, XenApp 5, now includes XenServer for server virtualization and improved management capabilities.
Citrix Systems has announced global software company SAP will use its XenServer to virtualise 500 servers by mid-2009.
EMC and VMware plan to continue working together closely in the years ahead, said EMC's top executive, dispelling speculation the storage vendor might sell down its stake in the virtualization software company.
Sun's systems design approach to SSD integration across software, systems and storage will give users up to 70 percent faster response times and up to 98 percent less power consumption than traditional spinning hard disk drives, the company said.
Microsoft, which last year announced plans to bring a limited version of its SQL Server database online, now plans to offer a fully capable cloud version.
NSW property development company PacLib Group has saved thousands in data centre costs by cutting its 16 servers down to three and deploying virtualisation.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
The desktop is one the areas ripe for moving into the cloud, and the driver will be lower operational costs for both large and small companies, a VMware executive said at the company's VMworld conference in Cannes.
Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Microsoft plans to release its Windows Azure cloud-computing platform before the end of the year, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
VMware has security for its cloud OS, an API for integrating internal and external clouds and improved management features in store for the visitors of VMworld Europe, which kicked off on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW