Amazon Web Services Thursday for the first time began giving customers in the U.S. the ability to reserve capacity in advance on its Elastic Compute Cloud infrastructure.
Servers & Storage - News
Citrix has announced the latest generation of its core application virtualisation product, XenApp 5, now includes XenServer for server virtualization and improved management capabilities.
Citrix Systems has announced global software company SAP will use its XenServer to virtualise 500 servers by mid-2009.
EMC and VMware plan to continue working together closely in the years ahead, said EMC's top executive, dispelling speculation the storage vendor might sell down its stake in the virtualization software company.
Sun's systems design approach to SSD integration across software, systems and storage will give users up to 70 percent faster response times and up to 98 percent less power consumption than traditional spinning hard disk drives, the company said.
Microsoft, which last year announced plans to bring a limited version of its SQL Server database online, now plans to offer a fully capable cloud version.
NSW property development company PacLib Group has saved thousands in data centre costs by cutting its 16 servers down to three and deploying virtualisation.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
The desktop is one the areas ripe for moving into the cloud, and the driver will be lower operational costs for both large and small companies, a VMware executive said at the company's VMworld conference in Cannes.
Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Microsoft plans to release its Windows Azure cloud-computing platform before the end of the year, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
VMware has security for its cloud OS, an API for integrating internal and external clouds and improved management features in store for the visitors of VMworld Europe, which kicked off on Tuesday.
Veeam has upgraded its VMware disaster recovery software to allow customers to use it in conjunction with ESX, ESXi and ESXi free. In addition, the software also offers fast-file recovery for Linux.
Seagate Technology Thursday said it has dropped its lawsuit and all claims alleging STEC misappropriated its hard disk drive (HDD) technology as it related to the development of solid state disk (SSD) drives.
Increased traction in markets already on the virtualisation bandwagon will raise revenues by 43 per cent in 2009, according to a recent Gartner report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Architecture ManagerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW