Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
Servers & Storage
Building a cloud computing infrastructure can be a complicated endeavor, but stealth start-up VMops hopes to provide a silver lining with its all-in-one infrastructure software that lets service providers or corporations deploy and host their own clo...
Deutsche Telekom spin-off Zimory has unveiled Public Cloud, a marketplace for companies that want to buy and sell hosted server capacity online.
There's life in legacy Cobol applications yet. A new offering from Micro Focus will enable companies to use applications written in the language within cloud computing environments.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday added tools for orchestration and recovery to its Adaptive Infrastructure portfolio. And, as with most enterprise-class technology announcements these days, HP said that the new tools promise IT cost-savings and reduced ri...
SanDisk and LG Electronics on Wednesday demonstrated a specialized MicroSD card that mobile operators could load with content and bundle with a handset, then keep the subscriber from using in any other device or on another carrier's network.
SanDisk unveiled its next-generation solid-state drives (SSDs) at the International CES. One series is aimed at the hot netbook market and the other at laptops. The company's new higher-performance SSD for laptops are priced at less than US$250 for a...
Solid-state disks, hard-disk drive replacements filled with flash memory chips, have become popular in the laptop computing space and now they're expanding to other markets. At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show, Samsung Electronics ...
Samsung Electronics announced Tuesday that it has developed a 2.5-in., 100GB solid-state disk (SSD) drive with enhanced performance for use in servers running applications such as video-on-demand, internet data centers and online transaction processi...
Startup storage vendor Ctera is looking to service-provider networks as the best place for home and small-business backup and will go through them to sell an appliance that combines local and cloud storage.
Intel has announced it is expanding its X25-M 2.5-inch and X18-M 1.8-inch SATA solid-state drive (SSD) family with a 160GB drive in a 2.5-inch form factor.
HDS Monday announced it will offer flash-based solid-state drives (SSDs) for its high-end Hitachi Universal Storage Platform V and VM storage arrays.
Having coined the phrase "the network is the computer" more than a decade ago Sun Microsystems could expect to be leading the march towards cloud computing, but in some ways it is still at the start line.
Microsoft has launched version 2.0 of ESP, a virtual reality platform that aims to revolutionize the way many sectors train workers or plan and test products by allowing companies to build in-house simulation tools for far cheaper than possible befor...
Samsung Electronics is upgrading its memory technology and manufacturing processes, which could lead to price drops for solid-state drives (SSDs) that are becoming more widely used in laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW