Within the next year, Micron technology expects to bring to market a high-end solid-state disk (SSD) drive that could achieve 1GB/sec throughput, according to a Micron executive. The transfer speed is four times that offered by Intel's newest SSD, th...
Servers & Storage
IBM launched a new set of cloud computing consulting and implementation services on Monday, framing the move as something that could spark wider adoption of the model.
The battle for the virtual data centre has begun and Microsoft is making its presence felt by snatching market share from its arch-rival VMware with some recent customer deployments of its Hyper-V virtualisation hypervisor, but VMware continues to de...
Software developers will be the oil moguls of the IT industry thanks to the utility and cloud computing concept, experts say.
Intel's next-generation interface for solid-state drives (SSD) promises to make them faster and last longer, but laptops will continue to use the Serial ATA (SATA) interface in the near-term, say two leading vendors' executives.
The first generation of solid-state drives (SSDs) introduced in PCs last year failed to live up to the hype.
Netbooks equipped with solid-state drives (SSD) sporting as little as 16GB of storage capacity will be able to comfortably run Windows 7, Microsoft said on Thursday.
SanDisk on Wednesday announced a new flash memory management system called ExtremeFFS that it says will dramatically improve two of the main weaknesses today in the emerging technology of solid-state drives (SSDs).
To understand Microsoft's cloud software strategy, look not just to what the software maker plans to deliver, but how.
Telstra and Microsoft have announced a partnership to bring hosted mobile application and unified communication services to small businesses, including its own souped-up version of Windows Mobile developed locally.
Microsoft is putting the Windows client OS on a diet as a way to bring the PC OS into the age of cloud computing.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Samsung Electronics has withdrawn its offer to acquire rival flash memory-maker SanDisk citing a lack of progress after six months of discussions between the two companies.
VMware is holding onto its market-share lead in the x86 virtualization market but Microsoft is making a strong push with Hyper-V, IDC statistics show.
Intel today launched a high-performance Solid-State Drive [SSD] aimed at server, workstation and storage systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW