VMware has released VMware View 3, new software aimed at providing desktop virtualization, application virtualization and management of virtual desktops in one product.
Servers & Storage
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies and Intel are teaming up to produce solid-state drives for servers and workstations, the companies said Tuesday.
Human resources consulting firm Chandler Macleod Group has revitalised its IT operations by using virtualisation to build virtual disaster recovery and consolidate its server infrastructure.
Within the next year, Micron technology expects to bring to market a high-end solid-state disk (SSD) drive that could achieve 1GB/sec throughput, according to a Micron executive. The transfer speed is four times that offered by Intel's newest SSD, th...
IBM launched a new set of cloud computing consulting and implementation services on Monday, framing the move as something that could spark wider adoption of the model.
The battle for the virtual data centre has begun and Microsoft is making its presence felt by snatching market share from its arch-rival VMware with some recent customer deployments of its Hyper-V virtualisation hypervisor, but VMware continues to de...
Software developers will be the oil moguls of the IT industry thanks to the utility and cloud computing concept, experts say.
Intel's next-generation interface for solid-state drives (SSD) promises to make them faster and last longer, but laptops will continue to use the Serial ATA (SATA) interface in the near-term, say two leading vendors' executives.
The first generation of solid-state drives (SSDs) introduced in PCs last year failed to live up to the hype.
Netbooks equipped with solid-state drives (SSD) sporting as little as 16GB of storage capacity will be able to comfortably run Windows 7, Microsoft said on Thursday.
SanDisk on Wednesday announced a new flash memory management system called ExtremeFFS that it says will dramatically improve two of the main weaknesses today in the emerging technology of solid-state drives (SSDs).
To understand Microsoft's cloud software strategy, look not just to what the software maker plans to deliver, but how.
Telstra and Microsoft have announced a partnership to bring hosted mobile application and unified communication services to small businesses, including its own souped-up version of Windows Mobile developed locally.
Microsoft is putting the Windows client OS on a diet as a way to bring the PC OS into the age of cloud computing.
A recent decision by Lenovo to cut back sales of pre-installed Linux PCs has not altered the company’s commitment to offer operating system choice for its new server products launched this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT