The Extreme 900 is one of the first devices to take advantage of USB 3.1 faster speeds, and it's delightfully fast.
Servers & Storage
Though it downscales them to 1080p, you can stream 2160p videos with Synology's lastest NAS boxes and operating system
Samsung's Portable SSD T3 packs a lot of capacity into a svelte package that also delivers near internal SSD speeds and a USB Type-C connector.
Qnap’s TVS-471 is the type of network attached storage (NAS) device that you could sit down and play with for days. It has functions that make it suitable for serious business, home storage, and entertainment tasks. It can be the centre of your life ...
If you’ve ever wanted a flash drive that can be used on both Android and iOS devices, the PhotoFast iFlash Evo Plus is for you. It’s a 16-128GB stick (we’re looking at the 16GB here) that contains not only full-sized USB 3.0, but also micro-USB and L...
We’ve seen wireless drives from the likes of Seagate and Western Digital before, both of which allow you to connect mobile devices so that you can access more content than you would otherwise be able to while on the road. This little Qnap QGenie that...
The accessibility of locally stored files over the Internet can be of great convenience to many small business users, but the task of doing so without using a third-party service such as Dropbox isn’t always straightforward unless you have some netwo...
Highly mobile external storage devices with great capacities are usually in the form of 2.5in hard drives. They are chunky, usually ugly, and mostly slow. Samsung’s Portable SSD T1 aims to change all that. It’s a solid state drive that’s available in...
Looking at the design of the Personal Cloud Home Media Storage drive, it’s clear that Seagate thinks it should reside right near your TV in your home entertainment unit. It looks as if it’s a set-top box or PVR rather than a traditional NAS device, a...
The metal styling of the Seagate Seven gives this portable, 2.5in hard drive an interesting look and feel compared to most other drives. It’s not just a regular rectangle. Instead it has a somewhat sculpted design that is made to look like a bare int...
With the iXpand drive, SanDisk is providing an on-the-go flash device for users of iPhones and iPads. It has been designed to be plug-and-play (after you install and app for it), and at its most basic level it’s a two-headed flash drive with both USB...
It's easy to get excited about NAS devices these days. That may sound funny, but devices such as the Asustor AS5002T that we're reviewing here allow you to do a whole more than just store data. Of course, storing data is an integral function of any N...
Synology’s DiskStation DS215j is a NAS device that can be used for a lot more than just housing and backing up your data. It features the latest version of the company's DiskStation Manager operating system (DSM 5.1), and it allows for a vast array o...
Storage companies are now pro-mobile as they release hard drives equipped with wireless smarts. Seagate released its Wireless Plus in August, which scored well in Good Gear Guide’s review, and now rival Western Digital is adding its contribution to t...
If you ask Seagate, network attached storage (NAS) devices are no longer IT-driven, but instead crossing over to the mainstream. For this reason, it makes sense that NAS devices for home office users and families be easy to install and maintain. The ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
- Intel's new SSDs are advance scouts for NVMe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT