Qnap’s TVS-471 is the type of network attached storage (NAS) device that you could sit down and play with for days. It has functions that make it suitable for serious business, home storage, and entertainment tasks. It can be the centre of your life ...
Servers & Storage
If you’ve ever wanted a flash drive that can be used on both Android and iOS devices, the PhotoFast iFlash Evo Plus is for you. It’s a 16-128GB stick (we’re looking at the 16GB here) that contains not only full-sized USB 3.0, but also micro-USB and L...
We’ve seen wireless drives from the likes of Seagate and Western Digital before, both of which allow you to connect mobile devices so that you can access more content than you would otherwise be able to while on the road. This little Qnap QGenie that...
The accessibility of locally stored files over the Internet can be of great convenience to many small business users, but the task of doing so without using a third-party service such as Dropbox isn’t always straightforward unless you have some netwo...
Highly mobile external storage devices with great capacities are usually in the form of 2.5in hard drives. They are chunky, usually ugly, and mostly slow. Samsung’s Portable SSD T1 aims to change all that. It’s a solid state drive that’s available in...
Looking at the design of the Personal Cloud Home Media Storage drive, it’s clear that Seagate thinks it should reside right near your TV in your home entertainment unit. It looks as if it’s a set-top box or PVR rather than a traditional NAS device, a...
The metal styling of the Seagate Seven gives this portable, 2.5in hard drive an interesting look and feel compared to most other drives. It’s not just a regular rectangle. Instead it has a somewhat sculpted design that is made to look like a bare int...
With the iXpand drive, SanDisk is providing an on-the-go flash device for users of iPhones and iPads. It has been designed to be plug-and-play (after you install and app for it), and at its most basic level it’s a two-headed flash drive with both USB...
It's easy to get excited about NAS devices these days. That may sound funny, but devices such as the Asustor AS5002T that we're reviewing here allow you to do a whole more than just store data. Of course, storing data is an integral function of any N...
Synology’s DiskStation DS215j is a NAS device that can be used for a lot more than just housing and backing up your data. It features the latest version of the company's DiskStation Manager operating system (DSM 5.1), and it allows for a vast array o...
Storage companies are now pro-mobile as they release hard drives equipped with wireless smarts. Seagate released its Wireless Plus in August, which scored well in Good Gear Guide’s review, and now rival Western Digital is adding its contribution to t...
If you ask Seagate, network attached storage (NAS) devices are no longer IT-driven, but instead crossing over to the mainstream. For this reason, it makes sense that NAS devices for home office users and families be easy to install and maintain. The ...
The Thecus N2310 is a small, two-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that’s designed primarily for home users. Compared to many NAS devices, it’s a good looking unit with reasonable build quality, and it possesses many of the features that are ...
Promise Technology’s NS6700 NAS device is a solidly built unit that’s designed for serious data storage and backup operations. It’s not as obviously resplendent with features as other NAS devices we’ve seen recently; for example, you have to dig arou...
Seagate's Wireless Plus is a hard drive that has ditched the tether of a USB cable as it gets with the mobile times of smartphones, tablets and streaming devices, such as Google’s Chromecast.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW