When we last looked at the Corsair Flash Voyager Mini, we were taken back by its capacity. At only 33x20mm and weighing under 6g, it seemed amazing that you could squeeze 4GB of flash storage into something so small.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
The Kingston DataTraveler 310 is a USB 2.0 flash drive with a gargantuan 256GB of storage. This is the highest capacity currently available on the market; putting it in the same league as some entry-level external hard drives. (Not bad for a device t...
The ASUS SBC-06D1S-U is an external Blu-ray drive designed for PC-based home theatre systems. In addition to playing Blu-ray discs, it is also a capable DVD burner. (This is a function that many external BD drives lack.) Alongside its DVD burning cap...
The Hitachi X500 Mobile Drive is a 500GB, 2.5in external hard drive (5400rpm). It uses a simple plug-n-play USB 2.0 interface and is primarily designed for portable use -- hence the name. It’s not particularly fast and doesn’t come with many extras, ...
When all external hard drives are clones for all practical purposes, manufacturers see unique functionality as a differentiator and value add. To this end, Seagate has come up with what they can call an appliance -- the "Replica Complete PC Backup Sy...
So you have tons USB storage lying around, and you wish that you could just put it in some out-of-the-way spot and access it across your home network. The Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station will let you do that and more--with up to four drives.
Passport is the apt name chosen by Western Digital for its range of portable storage devices, not much bigger than the 2.5in notebook drives they contain.
The two major internal hard drive manufacturers -- Western Digital and Seagate -- have traditionally been coy when it comes to solid-state drives, particularly in the consumer space. Western Digital has finally fired its first salvo with the SiliconE...
The Hitachi SimpleTOUGH external hard drive's rugged enclosure and embedded USB cable make it a great companion for road warriors. If you plan to knock your hard drive about during travel, this would be a good choice.
QNAP's TS-259 Pro Turbo is a fast two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device with powerful guts and plenty of features. Backup support is a strong point, but media streaming and third-party software features could be further refined.
Mac users rejoice: Western Digital has finally upgraded its My Passport external hard drive range with a FireWire 800 interface. This means faster transfers, though the considerably thicker enclosure is a slight trade-off for Nudie-wearing hipsters.
Seagate's first network-attached (NAS) device, the BlackArmor NAS 440 (ST360005SHA10G-RK), offers the ability to encrypt volumes, easily manage RAID arrays and administer users. However, it's not without its flaws.
The Hitachi SimpleDRIVE Mini is a no-frills external hard drive that doesn't provide stellar file transfer performance, but it offers good value.
ASUS' TS mini Home Server is a Windows-based network-attached storage device that comes with 1TB of storage. Though it doesn't provide the flexibility of DIY NAS devices, its performance and online storage platform certainly justify the price.
HP's EX490 MediaSmart Server is a reasonably priced network-attached storage device that runs Windows rather than the Linux-based operating systems most competitors use. This makes it easy to share videos and music over your home network, as well as ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC