Mac users rejoice: Western Digital has finally upgraded its My Passport external hard drive range with a FireWire 800 interface. This means faster transfers, though the considerably thicker enclosure is a slight trade-off for Nudie-wearing hipsters.
Servers & Storage
Seagate's first network-attached (NAS) device, the BlackArmor NAS 440 (ST360005SHA10G-RK), offers the ability to encrypt volumes, easily manage RAID arrays and administer users. However, it's not without its flaws.
The Hitachi SimpleDRIVE Mini is a no-frills external hard drive that doesn't provide stellar file transfer performance, but it offers good value.
ASUS' TS mini Home Server is a Windows-based network-attached storage device that comes with 1TB of storage. Though it doesn't provide the flexibility of DIY NAS devices, its performance and online storage platform certainly justify the price.
HP's EX490 MediaSmart Server is a reasonably priced network-attached storage device that runs Windows rather than the Linux-based operating systems most competitors use. This makes it easy to share videos and music over your home network, as well as ...
Have you spent too much time waiting for large files to crawl between a computer and an external hard drive? Don't fret -- USB 3.0 has arrived. Not only can it move data faster and provide more power, but it's compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
The Thecus N4200 network-attached storage (NAS) device provides up to eight terabytes of storage over four drive bays. It also boasts a DHCP server and some innovative features like ISO mounting, but lacks the refinement and flexibility of competing ...
After a long wait, we're now starting to see real USB 3.0 products in the wild, like this Buffalo DriveStation HD-UX3 1TB USB 3.0 hard drive. It's not a moment too soon.
Many laptops keep a secret that doesn't get attention as much as it deserves. We're talking about the under-utilised ExpressCard slot, a multi-purpose expansion bay that has fantastic potential for expanding connectivity, storage and more.
I continue to be very impressed with Synology's small business storage products, and the new DS1010+ is no exception. In fact, it elevates my opinion even more. This feature-packed, speedy, and remarkably affordable five-bay storage array supports ju...
The iStorage diskGenie is a USB hard drive offering up to 500GB of storage. It features secure AES-256 encryption and is unlocked by a number keypad.
QNAP's TS-659 Pro Turbo NAS packs six drive bays and up to 12 terabytes of storage into a compact, energy-efficient box. Armed with Intel's Atom D510 processor and QNAP's latest firmware, this network-attached storage (NAS) device is a competent serv...
Western Digital's My Book 3.0 is its first external hard drive with a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, making it one of the fastest direct-attached storage devices around. The benefits of the interface are certainly noticeable, though the premium price ...
Kingston announced a new DataTraveler Locker USB Flash Drive that offered partitioning capability.
QNAP's latest network-attached storage (NAS) devices might not look much different from their predecessors, but there's a lot more power packed underneath the hood. Armed with Intel's latest dual-core Atom processor, the TS-459 Pro Turbo is blazingly...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW