Synology's DiskStation DS209+II network-attached storage (NAS) device provides up to 4TB of storage over two hard drives. The lack of hot-swapping and volume encryption features are disappointing, but fast file transfers and easy-to-use media streami...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
LaCie's latest portable hard drive, the Rikiki, isn't named after the monkey from <i>The Lion King</i>. According to the company, Rikiki means "tiny" in French, and the name is certainly appropriate.
QNAP's TS-210 Turbo network-attached storage device looks a little basic when you compare it to beefier two-bay NAS devices like the TS-239 Pro Turbo. However, it still fits two hard drives, provides up to 4TB of storage and even retains the ability ...
It's a solid-feeling metal tube with either 32GB or 64GB capacity, and this new Corsair Survivor GT USB flash drive adds a welcome boost in transfer speeds.
Though older than the ReadyNAS NVX, there is still plenty to like about Netgear's ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device. It has a potential storage capacity of 12TB and Netgear even bundles hard drives with some configur...
The Thecus N7700 network-attached storage doesn’t come with any hard drives but offers seven 3.5in drive bays for a total potential storage capacity of 14 terabytes. It’s quite cheap too and boasts fast file transfer speeds, though it won’t match the...
The capacity of external USB hard drives is going up all the time. Unfortunately, most only offer a USB 2.0 connection, which limits how quickly you can get your data onto or off the drive.
The Stora MS2110 is Netgear's simplest network-attached storage (NAS) device yet.
Western Digital's refreshed My Book Elite 2TB external hard drive offers intuitive backup options, 256-bit AES hardware encryption, and an e-ink capacity indicator. However, there are faster USB 2.0-based external hard drives that have passed through...
It has been more than a year-and-a-half since I last reviewed an IronKey secure USB flash drive, so when the company sent one my way with a few new features I jumped at the chance to see if there had been any major improvements over the last version ...
Iomega has forsaken the metal hipflask idea for a more plastic-like design with its latest eGo external hard drive. Like the original eGo, Iomega makes a few different options available, not just in capacity but colour too.
Time was, if you needed a server for anything from a small business to a college, or an enterprise-level corporation, you were looking at a complex computer system, negotiated through a command-line interface.
If you need 2TB of storage but don't want to sacrifice performance, Western Digital's Caviar Black (WD2001FASS) might be for you.
LaCie's LaCinema Rugged HD is a hard drive that attaches to your PC's USB port, and it's a multimedia player that outputs the video, music, and images that you copy onto it to your TV via HDMI or composite/analog outputs. It's price (US$349) is above...
Western Digital's My Passport Essential SE is currently the only portable external hard drive to boast a whopping 1TB of storage space. Despite this, it is one of the smallest hard drives around and it is quite speedy, too.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD