LaCie's Starck Desktop Hard Drive provides 1TB of storage in a stylish enclosure. It has a faceplate with a touch-sensitive area for launching backup software, and it provides good read speeds for a USB 2.0 external hard drive.
Servers & Storage
The Netgear ReadyNAS NVX makes network-attached storage (NAS) simple; all you have to do is plug it in. It's four-bay NAS device that provides up to 4TB of storage.
LaCie's Starck Mobile Hard Drive is a 2.5in portable external drive with a striking design. Available in 320GB and 500GB models, the hard drive looks fashionable and is extremely durable. It also provides solid transfer speeds over a USB 2.0 connecti...
Apacer's A7 Turbo is a reasonably priced 64GB solid-state drive. It has a Serial ATA II interface and a 2.5in form factor, so it's a good value option for a notebook. It can also be used in a desktop PC if you have an appropriate mounting kit.
Hitachi was the first to market with its 7,200rpm 2TB hard drive, but it no longer has this space to itself. Western Digital has released two new 2TB hard drives that sacrifice the power-saving technologies of their GreenPower counterparts in favour ...
With the introduction of the Six-Core AMD Opteron processor with Chipset platform, AMD is taking a step in its strategy to provide customers with server platforms, it said. These address the requirements of datacenter workloads, the vendor added. The...
Astone's ISO GEAR 290 is a 2.5in 500GB external hard drive that allows you to easily transfer and backup data from your notebook or desktop computer. Additionally, its enclosure is easy to open, so you can swap out the hard drive with one of your o...
With solid-state disk (SSD) drives becoming more popular for laptops, users may find themselves in the position of upgrading the hard disk drive (HDD) in an older machine to get the reliability and speed that comes with flash memory technology.
Considering Astone's motto — "Design for Life!" — it is no surprise that the ISO GEAR 288 external hard drive's prioritises style over durability. Thankfully, this hard drive is also quite fast. Though it won't survive a trip to the Sahar...
The SSDNow V+ solid-state drive (SSD) from Kingston Technology has a capacity of 64GB and is best suited to users looking to replace their computer's main hard drive. It has a 2.5in form factor and is based on multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory...
Synology's Disk Station DS409 is a competent network-attached storage (NAS) device with four disk bays (you'll have to provide that hard drives yourself). It has a total potential storage capacity of 8TB.
The Solidata K5-32 is a 2.5in, 32GB solid-state drive (SSD). It features single-level cell (SLC) memory, which allows it to provide higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) than drives with multi-level cells (MLC). This makes it a good choice...
The new Sun Fire X2270 and Sun Fire X4270 servers are the fastest x64 servers Sun has ever produced.
Solidata's K6-32 solid-state drive (SSD) provides 32GB of storage in a 2.5in enclosure. It isn't the cheapest SSD of this capacity currently available, but is still an affordable option if you're looking to make the transition from a conventional mag...
Promise's SmartStor DS4600 is a direct-attached storage (DAS) enclosure that can house up to four hard drives and provide up to 8TB of storage. It's suitable for a direct connection to servers or workstations, it supports RAID arrays, and its design ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT