QNAP's TS-419P Turbo NAS device has four drive bays and can house up to 8TB of storage. It offers plenty of features to suit both homes and small businesses, but it didn't perform spectacularly in our tests.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
LaCie's Starck Desktop Hard Drive provides 1TB of storage in a stylish enclosure. It has a faceplate with a touch-sensitive area for launching backup software, and it provides good read speeds for a USB 2.0 external hard drive.
The Netgear ReadyNAS NVX makes network-attached storage (NAS) simple; all you have to do is plug it in. It's four-bay NAS device that provides up to 4TB of storage.
LaCie's Starck Mobile Hard Drive is a 2.5in portable external drive with a striking design. Available in 320GB and 500GB models, the hard drive looks fashionable and is extremely durable. It also provides solid transfer speeds over a USB 2.0 connecti...
Apacer's A7 Turbo is a reasonably priced 64GB solid-state drive. It has a Serial ATA II interface and a 2.5in form factor, so it's a good value option for a notebook. It can also be used in a desktop PC if you have an appropriate mounting kit.
Hitachi was the first to market with its 7,200rpm 2TB hard drive, but it no longer has this space to itself. Western Digital has released two new 2TB hard drives that sacrifice the power-saving technologies of their GreenPower counterparts in favour ...
With the introduction of the Six-Core AMD Opteron processor with Chipset platform, AMD is taking a step in its strategy to provide customers with server platforms, it said. These address the requirements of datacenter workloads, the vendor added. The...
Astone's ISO GEAR 290 is a 2.5in 500GB external hard drive that allows you to easily transfer and backup data from your notebook or desktop computer. Additionally, its enclosure is easy to open, so you can swap out the hard drive with one of your o...
With solid-state disk (SSD) drives becoming more popular for laptops, users may find themselves in the position of upgrading the hard disk drive (HDD) in an older machine to get the reliability and speed that comes with flash memory technology.
Considering Astone's motto — "Design for Life!" — it is no surprise that the ISO GEAR 288 external hard drive's prioritises style over durability. Thankfully, this hard drive is also quite fast. Though it won't survive a trip to the Sahar...
The SSDNow V+ solid-state drive (SSD) from Kingston Technology has a capacity of 64GB and is best suited to users looking to replace their computer's main hard drive. It has a 2.5in form factor and is based on multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory...
Synology's Disk Station DS409 is a competent network-attached storage (NAS) device with four disk bays (you'll have to provide that hard drives yourself). It has a total potential storage capacity of 8TB.
The Solidata K5-32 is a 2.5in, 32GB solid-state drive (SSD). It features single-level cell (SLC) memory, which allows it to provide higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) than drives with multi-level cells (MLC). This makes it a good choice...
The new Sun Fire X2270 and Sun Fire X4270 servers are the fastest x64 servers Sun has ever produced.
Solidata's K6-32 solid-state drive (SSD) provides 32GB of storage in a 2.5in enclosure. It isn't the cheapest SSD of this capacity currently available, but is still an affordable option if you're looking to make the transition from a conventional mag...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW