Promise's SmartStor DS4600 is a direct-attached storage (DAS) enclosure that can house up to four hard drives and provide up to 8TB of storage. It's suitable for a direct connection to servers or workstations, it supports RAID arrays, and its design ...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
HP's SimpleSave Portable is a 320GB external hard drive that can automatically back up data from multiple PCs with minimal input from the user. The included software is geared towards novices and is extremely easy to use, though we would have liked s...
QNAP's TS-219P Turbo is a two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for homes and small offices.
TP-Link's tiny TL-PS310U print server lets you share a multifunction device or a USB drive over your network. It's useful if you don't want to share files and printer resources through a PC, and it's quite easy to set up and use.
QNAP's SS-439 Pro Turbo is the company's first network-attached storage (NAS) device to use 2.5in hard drives. Powered by an Intel Atom processor, this four-bay NAS device is extremely fast, but doesn't offer the power efficiency or quiet operation o...
Synology's Disk Station DS409slim is one of the first network-attached storage (NAS) devices we've seen to make use of 2.5in notebook hard drives instead of 3.5 desktop hard drives. The use of 2.5in notebook drives allows the DS409slim to be smaller ...
If the 1TB storage capacity of the My Book World Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device simply isn't enough, Western Digital's two-bay My Book World Edition II might be suitable.
During the Big Dig, the city of Boston erected a sign saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day. If it was, we would have hired their contractor." That's a good way to describe the general state of affairs regarding the ideal of divorcing services from har...
The Barracuda LP (ST32000542AS) is the first internal hard drive from Seagate to store two terabytes of data; 2TB is currently the maximum capacity of a single 3.5in SATA 2 drive. The Seagate Barracuda LP also manages to cut down on energy consumptio...
Laptop computers needn’t have any less storage than desktops, and this 500 GB drive from Hitachi proves it. It has a standard 2.5-inch form factor and uses two platters, with a data density of 250 GB per platter.
Built for homes and small offices, QNAP's TS-239 Pro Turbo provides two drive bays that can house up to 4TB of network-attached storage (NAS).
Western Digital's RE4-GP (WD2002FYPS) internal hard drive offers most of the energy-saving features of the company's Caviar Green line of consumer drives, but it also includes server-friendly features such as reduced vibration and noise. Though more ...
Aimed at home users, QNAP's TS-219 Turbo is a two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device which looks sleek and has a competent feature set. It can transfer files quickly, has iSCSI target capability and you can set it up via a Web interface that's...
Western Digital has increased the capacity of its My Book Studio Edition II external hard drive to 4TB. Designed to be used with both Macs and PCs, it lets you choose from plenty of different connections and it can be configured for speed or data red...
QNAP's TS-119 Turbo is a 1-bay NAS device that provides iSCSI and media server capabilities in a small package. At first glance this NAS device looks like an external hard drive enclosure with a few add-ons, but the extremely quick throughput speeds ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW