Western Digital has increased the capacity of its My Book Studio Edition II external hard drive to 4TB. Designed to be used with both Macs and PCs, it lets you choose from plenty of different connections and it can be configured for speed or data red...
Servers & Storage
QNAP's TS-119 Turbo is a 1-bay NAS device that provides iSCSI and media server capabilities in a small package. At first glance this NAS device looks like an external hard drive enclosure with a few add-ons, but the extremely quick throughput speeds ...
Ubuntu Server is a fast, free, no-frills Linux distribution that fills a niche between utilitarian Debian and the GUI-driven and, some would argue, over-featured Novell SUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Eye-Fi is a brand of Secure Digital memory card that adds wireless connectivity to the mix so you send photos from your digital camera straight to the web for backup or display. This means you can share your photos with the wider world very easily an...
The Promise SmartStor NS4600 4-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device can provide up to 8TB of storage for the home or a small business. It performed well in our file transfer tests and has an attractive design. However the configuration software ...
Sleek, new Mac OS X rack server sets a far higher bar for performance and power efficiency
As portable USB flash drive storage capacities continue to rise, the possibility of losing a lot of data in one hit becomes more worrying. While there are no flashing lights, laser grids or barbed wire to suggest that the Kingston DataTraveler Vault ...
Western Digital has updated its ShareSpace NAS device network-attached storage (NAS) device, boosting capacity and transfer speeds. The price is high for a 4-bay NAS device, but the WD ShareSpace NAS device has some appealing qualities.
Samsung's new PB22-J 256GB solid-state disk (SSD) promises a goodly amount of storage and high performance for the well-heeled notebook user.
Not enough space on your Apple iPhone for all your music? Need more storage for your tiny netbook hard drive? ZumoDrive promises to solve conundrums like these by keeping your files in the cloud but making them accessible in real-time, just as though...
VMware vSphere 4, out today, is a big release, with plenty of new features and changes, but it's not your run-of-the-mill major update. The new features, which range from VM clustering to agentless VM backup, are especially significant in that they m...
Proware's DN-500A-CM isn't a NAS device for the feint-hearted. What looks, feels and acts like a home-made attempt at network-attached storage is also difficult to configure and maintain. If you are up to the challenge though, it is expandable and ha...
While many external drives now come with a physical push-button backup option, a new genre of backup devices is emerging: one-touch USB flash drives that combine the convenience of small size with relatively sophisticated backup applications for data...
QNAP's TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS is the company's most powerful and highest capacity network-attached storage (NAS) device yet. Capable of hosting eight internal hard drives simultaneously for a maximum capacity of 16TB, this NAS device can certainly meet...
In my quest to test all of the latest high-capacity consumer solid-state disk (SSD) drives, I came upon OCZ Technology's Apex SATA II SSD and was impressed not so much with its performance -- though you will see a boost when using it -- as with its p...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
- Intel's new SSDs are advance scouts for NVMe
- Intel's fastest 22-core Broadwell chip comes to new servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW