QNAP's TS-219P Turbo is a two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for homes and small offices.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
TP-Link's tiny TL-PS310U print server lets you share a multifunction device or a USB drive over your network. It's useful if you don't want to share files and printer resources through a PC, and it's quite easy to set up and use.
QNAP's SS-439 Pro Turbo is the company's first network-attached storage (NAS) device to use 2.5in hard drives. Powered by an Intel Atom processor, this four-bay NAS device is extremely fast, but doesn't offer the power efficiency or quiet operation o...
Synology's Disk Station DS409slim is one of the first network-attached storage (NAS) devices we've seen to make use of 2.5in notebook hard drives instead of 3.5 desktop hard drives. The use of 2.5in notebook drives allows the DS409slim to be smaller ...
If the 1TB storage capacity of the My Book World Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device simply isn't enough, Western Digital's two-bay My Book World Edition II might be suitable.
During the Big Dig, the city of Boston erected a sign saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day. If it was, we would have hired their contractor." That's a good way to describe the general state of affairs regarding the ideal of divorcing services from har...
The Barracuda LP (ST32000542AS) is the first internal hard drive from Seagate to store two terabytes of data; 2TB is currently the maximum capacity of a single 3.5in SATA 2 drive. The Seagate Barracuda LP also manages to cut down on energy consumptio...
Laptop computers needn’t have any less storage than desktops, and this 500 GB drive from Hitachi proves it. It has a standard 2.5-inch form factor and uses two platters, with a data density of 250 GB per platter.
Built for homes and small offices, QNAP's TS-239 Pro Turbo provides two drive bays that can house up to 4TB of network-attached storage (NAS).
Western Digital's RE4-GP (WD2002FYPS) internal hard drive offers most of the energy-saving features of the company's Caviar Green line of consumer drives, but it also includes server-friendly features such as reduced vibration and noise. Though more ...
Aimed at home users, QNAP's TS-219 Turbo is a two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device which looks sleek and has a competent feature set. It can transfer files quickly, has iSCSI target capability and you can set it up via a Web interface that's...
Western Digital has increased the capacity of its My Book Studio Edition II external hard drive to 4TB. Designed to be used with both Macs and PCs, it lets you choose from plenty of different connections and it can be configured for speed or data red...
QNAP's TS-119 Turbo is a 1-bay NAS device that provides iSCSI and media server capabilities in a small package. At first glance this NAS device looks like an external hard drive enclosure with a few add-ons, but the extremely quick throughput speeds ...
Ubuntu Server is a fast, free, no-frills Linux distribution that fills a niche between utilitarian Debian and the GUI-driven and, some would argue, over-featured Novell SUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Eye-Fi is a brand of Secure Digital memory card that adds wireless connectivity to the mix so you send photos from your digital camera straight to the web for backup or display. This means you can share your photos with the wider world very easily an...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA