It’s hard to imagine people being unimpressed by a card the size of a Corn Flak storing 200GB of data. But it’s even more impressive when it comes offering transfer speeds of 95MB/s.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
The industry's latest consumer M.2 PCIe-NVMe drive offers excellent performance, and is relatively affordable.
While Seagate is lagging behind the world in SSDs it is stretching the imagination when it comes to building mechanical hard disks for different functions. In addition to the regular 3.5-inch desktop drives and 2.5-inch ‘laptop’ drives there are now...
It’s no longer fair to classify NAS devices as mere ‘Network Attached Storage’ as nowadays they operate more like full-blown servers that can handle everything from cloud based-storage to 4K video transcoding.
The Extreme 900 is one of the first devices to take advantage of USB 3.1 faster speeds, and it's delightfully fast.
Though it downscales them to 1080p, you can stream 2160p videos with Synology's lastest NAS boxes and operating system
Samsung's Portable SSD T3 packs a lot of capacity into a svelte package that also delivers near internal SSD speeds and a USB Type-C connector.
If you're looking for an M.2 upgrade, this is the drive to have.
Qnap’s TVS-471 is the type of network attached storage (NAS) device that you could sit down and play with for days. It has functions that make it suitable for serious business, home storage, and entertainment tasks. It can be the centre of your life ...
If you’ve ever wanted a flash drive that can be used on both Android and iOS devices, the PhotoFast iFlash Evo Plus is for you. It’s a 16-128GB stick (we’re looking at the 16GB here) that contains not only full-sized USB 3.0, but also micro-USB and L...
We’ve seen wireless drives from the likes of Seagate and Western Digital before, both of which allow you to connect mobile devices so that you can access more content than you would otherwise be able to while on the road. This little Qnap QGenie that...
The accessibility of locally stored files over the Internet can be of great convenience to many small business users, but the task of doing so without using a third-party service such as Dropbox isn’t always straightforward unless you have some netwo...
Highly mobile external storage devices with great capacities are usually in the form of 2.5in hard drives. They are chunky, usually ugly, and mostly slow. Samsung’s Portable SSD T1 aims to change all that. It’s a solid state drive that’s available in...
Looking at the design of the Personal Cloud Home Media Storage drive, it’s clear that Seagate thinks it should reside right near your TV in your home entertainment unit. It looks as if it’s a set-top box or PVR rather than a traditional NAS device, a...
The metal styling of the Seagate Seven gives this portable, 2.5in hard drive an interesting look and feel compared to most other drives. It’s not just a regular rectangle. Instead it has a somewhat sculpted design that is made to look like a bare int...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA