Imation's 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android may not be the most imaginatively named product of 2013, but it's definitely an interesting product, and one that's bound to appeal to data-swapping Android users who swing recent smartphones or tabl...
Servers & Storage
Though otherwise a fairly standard NAS box, the AS-304T’s HDMI output and USB keyboard/mouse support allow it to function as a full-featured XMBC media centre.
The Seagate Central is a network attached storage device (or simply NAS) that doesn’t really look like a typical NAS. It has a compact size, not many flashing lights, and there is nothing much to it except a couple of ports on the back, and a hard dr...
This four-bay ‘personal cloud storage system’ aims to combine consumer-level ease of use with power-user functionality. The My Cloud EX4 is targeted at power-users and the SOHO/SMB market.
Storage giant WD follows its My Book Live range with the new ‘My Cloud’, a personal cloud device that looks neat, but isn’t as fluffy and cloud-like as the name might suggest.
WD’s My Passport Slim is one of the first pocketable drives on the market to pack a capacity of 1TB. Previously, the My Passport range with the ‘Slim’ designation topped out at 500GB, and Seagate’s competing ‘Slim’ is still sitting at that lower capa...
G-Technology's G-Dock ev with Thunderbolt is one of the most impressive pieces of hardware on the market as far as external storage is concerned. It's an external drive docking system with two drive bays and it can be set up to facilitate super-fast ...
Synology has announced that an upgrade to the DiskStation Manager (DSM) software for its NAS (network attached storage) devices will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. Find out what's new and whether your Synology NAS will be compatible with...
If you’re looking to speed up an old or even a new PC or laptop, buying a solid-state drive is one of the smartest choices you can make. OCZ’s Vertex 450 is a relatively cheap, still-super-fast SSD that is largely comparable to the current market lea...
No matter how fast your home network, Internet, or ‘the cloud’ gets, there’s always something to be said for the reliability, simplicity and ease of use of a portable external hard drive to store all your important data. Seagate’s Slim portable drive...
If you’re running a business, or if you’ve got a couple of computers on your home network, it makes sense that you should keep a backup of your data. There are a few ways you can do this, but storing it all on a NAS is one of the simplest.
Samsung recently announced a solid state drive capacity of 1.6TB in a 2.5in form factor, so you know that the company knows a thing or two about flash-based storage (and that this author knows a thing or two about lame opening lines). The SSD 840 Pro...
SanDisk, the flash memory company that's celebrating its 25th year in the industry this year, recently released some new Extreme microSD cards with capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. We tested the 16GB version in a couple of scenarios to see just how...
If you run a small business, or if you’ve got a cache of valuable files sitting on your computer, or even if you’ve got a sentimental photo collection that’s getting big, backing up your data is practically mandatory.
Seagate's SSD 600 is a 2.5in solid state drive with a 7mm thickness, and that means it should fit into most common notebooks. It has a 6Gbps SATA 3 interface, a hard casing, and it comes in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. But will it make your ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW