Sometimes you just need to have all your stuff stored in one place. Having multiple drives and partitions can get confusing when it comes to both accessing your data and figuring out what needs to be backed up, not to mention the mess of power and da...
Servers & Storage
Synology's DiskStation DS212j is a two-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that's aimed at the home and small office markets. It doesn't ship with any hard drives, so you'll have to source one or two of your own 3.5in SATA disks before you can ...
The Buffalo CloudStation CS-X1 is a single-drive, 1TB network storage device that's designed to live on the Internet. It's one of the easiest drives we've ever used when it comes to remote access, and this is due to the PogoPlug technology that Buffa...
Synology's two-bay, DiskStation DS212+ provides great performance and state-of-the-art connectivity, but it lacks the expandability and physical security of its sibling, the DiskStation DS712+.
One of the great advantages of a good NAS drive is its expandability. Buy a four-bay NAS unit, then even if your storage requirements are only for as much data you could fit on one or two disks, you can increase capacity later as needs demand.
The Synology DiskStation DS712+, sold diskless and populated with hard drives, is a two-bay network-attached storage box that clearly anticipates the future. This business-friendly box can connect to Synology's five-bay DX510 external expansion unit ...
Running an Intel Atom CPU and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, the WD Sentinel is designed for small business users who want an easy solution not only for backing up data and serving files, but also for accessing data remotely.
Traditional external spinning-disk hard drives can be fragile things -- if you’re carrying one around with you it’s almost guaranteed to get a few knocks and bumps, and there’s an ever-present chance that it might fail. You can reduce the chance of t...
Western Digital's My Book Live Duo is the two-disk version of the company's My Book Live network storage solution. Western Digital calls these drives "personal cloud storage" because they offer an easy way for users to access their own data (which co...
A hard drive dock offers an easy way to get data off any old (or current) hard disks that you have lying around. Rather than having to open up your PC or fiddle with installing them in an external case, a hard drive allows you to just plug and unplug...
ioSafe is a company that specialises in offering <i>seriously</i> sturdy storage: we're talking fireproof and waterproof external desktop drives, fireproofed internal hard drives, and server-grade rugged backup systems.
Hitachi’s G-Drive Mini is aimed at Mac users: its styling takes some cues from the unibody MacBook Pro, and its complement of FireWire 800 alongside USB 2.0 ports suits long-time Mac aficionados. It’ll still work on a Windows computer, of course, and...
The original Seagate Momentus XT impressed us in 2010 with its innovative cache of SLC NAND flash memory: a small 4GB chip that stored a copy of commonly-accessed data and delivered it when needed at speeds much, much faster than the hard drive’s spi...
Solid-state disks may be all the rage right now for their excellent speeds, low power consumption and small size, but plenty of companies have hedged their bets with tried, tested and traditional products. Good ol’ fashioned magnetic spinning-disk ha...
Western Digital's My Book Live is a network attached storage (NAS) device that's available in 1TB, 2TB or 3TB capacities and with a Gigabit Ethernet connection. It's a simple device to use and while it offers plenty of storage space for your files, i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC