The Toshiba Canvio Slim hard drive is one of the most stylish pocket drives on the Australian market, and definitely one of the smallest. Indeed, the Canvio Slim is true to its name. At only 9mm thick, it's thinner than most typical 2.5in laptop hard...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
The Buffalo MiniStation Air is a portable hard drive with a 500GB capacity, USB 3.0, built-in wireless capabilities, and a battery. It can be used to distribute videos, music and photos to your mobile devices, both Android and iOS. Because it's wirel...
Seagate's Wireless Plus external hard drive is designed to be used primarily with smartphones and tablets. It features a 1TB capacity and a USB 3.0 interface, as well as 802.11n Wi-Fi and an internal battery. You can use it anywhere to stream content...
The Thecus N5550 is a five-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that's capable of fulfilling many tasks. Its primary purpose is to keep your data secure via drive redundancy, built-in virus scanning and back-up procedures, but it can also be use...
OCZ's Vector solid state drive (SSD) is a high-performance model that's aimed at high-end consumer and workstation users. It comes in a 2.5in form factor that's suitable for installation either in a desktop or a notebook and it's a solid unit that's ...
Intel's latest solid state drive, the SSD 335 Series, is touted as being the first SSD in the industry to ship with 20 nanometre flash memory chips, made jointly by Intel and Micron Technology. The smaller chips are a natural progression for the indu...
OCZ is a flash memory company, with a solid history in enthusiast-level RAM since 2002. It’s since moved out of the RAM market, but has a great reputation for producing some of the best solid-state storage drives and USB flash drives available.
OCZ's Vertex 3 low profile (LP) solid state drive (SSD) is aimed at those of you who have laptops that only take 7mm thick, 2.5in drives. It provides an upgrade path that is more about increasing speed and efficiency rather than adding a higher capac...
In this review, we examine how the Synology DS112 network attached storage (NAS) device can be used within a school environment to provide an easy-to-use file structure on iPads.
The Synology DS112 is a single-drive network attached storage (NAS) device that actually has three siblings, all of which are aimed at slightly different markets. The baby is the DS112J, which is aimed at the SOHO market; the DS112 reviewed here is a...
WD's Red series of hard drives is designed to be used with network attached storage (NAS) devices, rather than in desktop computers. The drives are new additions to the company's already colourful internal drive line up, which includes the Blue serie...
Before entering the Synology Showcase competition, I went to the company's Web site to do a bit of research on the DSM 4 software. It looked like it was a lot more than just a NAS.
The Qnap TS-469Pro is a four-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that's geared towards those of you who want an advanced and versatile network storage solution. It can be set up to house backups and large files on a local network, yet it can al...
The Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive is a 2.5in hard drive-based external storage device that can be used as a backup drive not only for your computer, but also for photos that you have uploaded to your Facebook and Flickr accounts. It's the latter...
Seagate has just announced a new range of external hard drives, called Backup Plus, which put a major focus backing up all of your data, not just what's on your home computers. They are designed to make the backup process automatic and they also aim ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)SA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT