The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
Imoega isn't particularly well known for crafting hip 'n' happening hard drives. Since its acquisition by EMC, the company has positioned itself in the SMB/SOHO markets -- with predictably vanilla results. But all that is set to change with the relea...
In the event of a house fire, the first thing most people run for is the family photo album. But what happens when your irreplaceable photos are stored on a hulking PC? With flames rising all around you, disconnecting a computer and lugging it to saf...
The Clickfree Wireless Backup is an external 500GB USB 2.0 hard drive with built-in 802.11n networking that makes ongoing data backup -- particularly for laptops — a cinch. It's small and elegantly designed, and it can be used to easily back up...
When is a NAS drive not a NAS drive? Perhaps when it doesn’t include any onboard storage. In every other respect though, the Synology USB Station 2 ticks all the boxes for a regular NAS drive.
The Hitachi LifeStudio Mobile Plus is a 500GB external hard drive that connects magnetically to a 4GB USB key included in the sales package. As its name implies, it is a portable version of the Hitachi LifeStudio Desk Plus. Both hard drives come with...
The Western Digital My Passport Essential SE is a portable 1TB external hard drive with USB 3.0 support. It comes bundled with WD’s SmartWare management software and 256-bit AES hardware encryption. Compact and impressively fast, the Western Digital ...
The Hitachi LifeStudio Desk Plus is a 3.5in 2TB external hard drive bundled with a 4GB USB key, which connects magnetically to the front of the device. The unit supports USB 2.0 connectivity and is also USB 1.1 backwards compatible. It ships with Lif...
Seagate's GoFlex Desk External Drive is a 3TB USB 2.0 external hard drive. Optional adapters can be used to add USB 3.0 and FireWire connectivity.
Cloud Engines' stylish Pogoplug makes it easy to access and share files from home across the Internet, using your own local drives and Internet connection via the company's Website portal. Simply log on to your account, and any storage attached to th...
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net gives you supereasy access to your files from any Internet connection, along with the ability to share them with others.
External storage is now cheaper than it has ever been, and, with USB 3.0 on the scene, it's also about to get much faster. If you have a laptop or desktop PC with a USB 3.0 connection, then you can take advantage of Buffalo's new USB 3.0-based 1TB Dr...
Seagate has clearly had a busy year with the launch of its GoFlex storage line. The latest entry in that line is the FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB portable drive, which packs half a terabyte more than the competition offers in a 2.5-inch design. The $299 dr...
The LaCie Rikki Go is a 2.5in ultraportable external hard drive that boasts the smallest dimensions in its class (75x109x13mm).
Western Digital's My Book Studio is a 2TB external hard drive supporting FireWire 800 and USB 2.0. It is designed primarily for Mac users, although it can be used on Windows platforms after a reformat.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTArcSight/SIEM Platform Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD