Western Digital's My Book Studio is a 2TB external hard drive supporting FireWire 800 and USB 2.0. It is designed primarily for Mac users, although it can be used on Windows platforms after a reformat.
Servers & Storage
The Western Digital Scorpio Black (WD5000BEKT) is a high-performance 2.5in notebook drive boasting a 7200rpm spin speed, 16MB of cache memory, a SATA 3 GB/s interface and 500GB of storage space. It will suit IT professionals, multimedia enthusiasts a...
The Clickfree C2N Automatic Home Backup is a USB 2.0-based external hard drive that can be used to back up multiple computers over a network. It has preinstalled backup software that makes this task painless, and the drive is available in capacities ...
The Clickfree Transformer SE (Special Edition) cable can turn any USB-based external hard drive or iPod into a simple backup solution. The cable itself is tiny, and a dongle on the end has the Clickfree backup software built in to it. There's no mess...
Most of the time, a good network-attached storage (NAS) device isn't always a pretty one. File storage isn't a beauty contest, and if it were, the first place crown would usually go to the hefty, less-attractive contestants that emphasized reliabilit...
QNAP's iSCSI-enabled NAS solution is a perfect match for the growing small office, especially one expanding beyond the internal storage of a VMware or Windows Hyper-V virtualisation server. Of course, no box with this price is going to be as fast as ...
Depending on where you live in this great country of ours, you might sometimes experience problems with your power utility. Whether it’s a prolonged neighbourhood blackout or just a one-second interruption that resets your computer, there is almost n...
The Hitachi XL Desktop Drive is a 3.5in external hard drive with a massive 2TB capacity (a cheaper 1TB version is also available). It comes with easy to use backup software, it's a cool operator and it isn’t too painful to look at.
Corsair is a well-established designer of performance upgrade components for PCs, making its name with rugged power-supply units, system memory, and more recently, fast SSDs. The Force Series F120 is its latest model.
The Western Digital My Passport AV is a portable USB 2.0 external hard drive with a 320GB capacity. As the 'AV' in its name implies, it has been specifically designed with the video connoisseur and camcorder user in mind. It provides reliable video p...
The FreeAgent GoFlex Pro is one model in Seagate's refresh of its portable hard drive line (desktop versions are available, too). The new GoFlex system this drive is a part of encompasses drives of varying colours and capacities, connection modules, ...
Initial attempts at boosting magnetic hard-drive performance with a dose of flash memory fell flat; these so-called hybrid hard drives, released by Seagate and, in smaller quantity, by Samsung, didn't deliver on their promised speed gains. Now, nearl...
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not pay...
The latest addition to Western Digital’s VelociRaptor range doubles the storage capacity of the previous model and adds a SATA III interface. The new WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 6 Gb/s SATA stands out as a heavyweight hard drive for high-end gaming an...
The Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT is a 2.5in internal SATA II hard drive suitable for notebooks, media players and other portable devices. It boasts a roomy 750GB capacity (a 1TB version is also available), a 5400rpm spin speed and 8MB of c...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces HFS A series family
- Toshiba to cut 6800 jobs, focus on storage and energy
- WD ships world's first 10TB helium-filled hard drive
- Consumer SSDs and hard drive prices are nearing parity
- Lexar adds 128GB 2000x SDXC UHS-II card to Professional range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC