The Hitachi LifeStudio Mobile Plus is a 500GB external hard drive that connects magnetically to a 4GB USB key included in the sales package. As its name implies, it is a portable version of the Hitachi LifeStudio Desk Plus. Both hard drives come with...
Servers & Storage
The Western Digital My Passport Essential SE is a portable 1TB external hard drive with USB 3.0 support. It comes bundled with WD’s SmartWare management software and 256-bit AES hardware encryption. Compact and impressively fast, the Western Digital ...
The Hitachi LifeStudio Desk Plus is a 3.5in 2TB external hard drive bundled with a 4GB USB key, which connects magnetically to the front of the device. The unit supports USB 2.0 connectivity and is also USB 1.1 backwards compatible. It ships with Lif...
Seagate's GoFlex Desk External Drive is a 3TB USB 2.0 external hard drive. Optional adapters can be used to add USB 3.0 and FireWire connectivity.
Cloud Engines' stylish Pogoplug makes it easy to access and share files from home across the Internet, using your own local drives and Internet connection via the company's Website portal. Simply log on to your account, and any storage attached to th...
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net gives you supereasy access to your files from any Internet connection, along with the ability to share them with others.
External storage is now cheaper than it has ever been, and, with USB 3.0 on the scene, it's also about to get much faster. If you have a laptop or desktop PC with a USB 3.0 connection, then you can take advantage of Buffalo's new USB 3.0-based 1TB Dr...
Seagate has clearly had a busy year with the launch of its GoFlex storage line. The latest entry in that line is the FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB portable drive, which packs half a terabyte more than the competition offers in a 2.5-inch design. The $299 dr...
The LaCie Rikki Go is a 2.5in ultraportable external hard drive that boasts the smallest dimensions in its class (75x109x13mm).
Western Digital's My Book Studio is a 2TB external hard drive supporting FireWire 800 and USB 2.0. It is designed primarily for Mac users, although it can be used on Windows platforms after a reformat.
The Western Digital Scorpio Black (WD5000BEKT) is a high-performance 2.5in notebook drive boasting a 7200rpm spin speed, 16MB of cache memory, a SATA 3 GB/s interface and 500GB of storage space. It will suit IT professionals, multimedia enthusiasts a...
The Clickfree C2N Automatic Home Backup is a USB 2.0-based external hard drive that can be used to back up multiple computers over a network. It has preinstalled backup software that makes this task painless, and the drive is available in capacities ...
The Clickfree Transformer SE (Special Edition) cable can turn any USB-based external hard drive or iPod into a simple backup solution. The cable itself is tiny, and a dongle on the end has the Clickfree backup software built in to it. There's no mess...
Most of the time, a good network-attached storage (NAS) device isn't always a pretty one. File storage isn't a beauty contest, and if it were, the first place crown would usually go to the hefty, less-attractive contestants that emphasized reliabilit...
QNAP's iSCSI-enabled NAS solution is a perfect match for the growing small office, especially one expanding beyond the internal storage of a VMware or Windows Hyper-V virtualisation server. Of course, no box with this price is going to be as fast as ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystACT