QNAP's iSCSI-enabled NAS solution is a perfect match for the growing small office, especially one expanding beyond the internal storage of a VMware or Windows Hyper-V virtualisation server. Of course, no box with this price is going to be as fast as ...
Servers & Storage
Depending on where you live in this great country of ours, you might sometimes experience problems with your power utility. Whether it’s a prolonged neighbourhood blackout or just a one-second interruption that resets your computer, there is almost n...
The Hitachi XL Desktop Drive is a 3.5in external hard drive with a massive 2TB capacity (a cheaper 1TB version is also available). It comes with easy to use backup software, it's a cool operator and it isn’t too painful to look at.
Corsair is a well-established designer of performance upgrade components for PCs, making its name with rugged power-supply units, system memory, and more recently, fast SSDs. The Force Series F120 is its latest model.
The Western Digital My Passport AV is a portable USB 2.0 external hard drive with a 320GB capacity. As the 'AV' in its name implies, it has been specifically designed with the video connoisseur and camcorder user in mind. It provides reliable video p...
The FreeAgent GoFlex Pro is one model in Seagate's refresh of its portable hard drive line (desktop versions are available, too). The new GoFlex system this drive is a part of encompasses drives of varying colours and capacities, connection modules, ...
Initial attempts at boosting magnetic hard-drive performance with a dose of flash memory fell flat; these so-called hybrid hard drives, released by Seagate and, in smaller quantity, by Samsung, didn't deliver on their promised speed gains. Now, nearl...
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not pay...
The latest addition to Western Digital’s VelociRaptor range doubles the storage capacity of the previous model and adds a SATA III interface. The new WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 6 Gb/s SATA stands out as a heavyweight hard drive for high-end gaming an...
The Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT is a 2.5in internal SATA II hard drive suitable for notebooks, media players and other portable devices. It boasts a roomy 750GB capacity (a 1TB version is also available), a 5400rpm spin speed and 8MB of c...
Earlier this month, Imation launched its Defender series of USB flash drives aimed at the consumer portable storage and data backup market.
When we last looked at the Corsair Flash Voyager Mini, we were taken back by its capacity. At only 33x20mm and weighing under 6g, it seemed amazing that you could squeeze 4GB of flash storage into something so small.
The Kingston DataTraveler 310 is a USB 2.0 flash drive with a gargantuan 256GB of storage. This is the highest capacity currently available on the market; putting it in the same league as some entry-level external hard drives. (Not bad for a device t...
The ASUS SBC-06D1S-U is an external Blu-ray drive designed for PC-based home theatre systems. In addition to playing Blu-ray discs, it is also a capable DVD burner. (This is a function that many external BD drives lack.) Alongside its DVD burning cap...
The Hitachi X500 Mobile Drive is a 500GB, 2.5in external hard drive (5400rpm). It uses a simple plug-n-play USB 2.0 interface and is primarily designed for portable use -- hence the name. It’s not particularly fast and doesn’t come with many extras, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW