The LaCie Rikki Go is a 2.5in ultraportable external hard drive that boasts the smallest dimensions in its class (75x109x13mm).
Servers & Storage - Reviews
Western Digital's My Book Studio is a 2TB external hard drive supporting FireWire 800 and USB 2.0. It is designed primarily for Mac users, although it can be used on Windows platforms after a reformat.
The Western Digital Scorpio Black (WD5000BEKT) is a high-performance 2.5in notebook drive boasting a 7200rpm spin speed, 16MB of cache memory, a SATA 3 GB/s interface and 500GB of storage space. It will suit IT professionals, multimedia enthusiasts a...
The Clickfree C2N Automatic Home Backup is a USB 2.0-based external hard drive that can be used to back up multiple computers over a network. It has preinstalled backup software that makes this task painless, and the drive is available in capacities ...
The Clickfree Transformer SE (Special Edition) cable can turn any USB-based external hard drive or iPod into a simple backup solution. The cable itself is tiny, and a dongle on the end has the Clickfree backup software built in to it. There's no mess...
Most of the time, a good network-attached storage (NAS) device isn't always a pretty one. File storage isn't a beauty contest, and if it were, the first place crown would usually go to the hefty, less-attractive contestants that emphasized reliabilit...
QNAP's iSCSI-enabled NAS solution is a perfect match for the growing small office, especially one expanding beyond the internal storage of a VMware or Windows Hyper-V virtualisation server. Of course, no box with this price is going to be as fast as ...
Depending on where you live in this great country of ours, you might sometimes experience problems with your power utility. Whether it’s a prolonged neighbourhood blackout or just a one-second interruption that resets your computer, there is almost n...
The Hitachi XL Desktop Drive is a 3.5in external hard drive with a massive 2TB capacity (a cheaper 1TB version is also available). It comes with easy to use backup software, it's a cool operator and it isn’t too painful to look at.
Corsair is a well-established designer of performance upgrade components for PCs, making its name with rugged power-supply units, system memory, and more recently, fast SSDs. The Force Series F120 is its latest model.
The Western Digital My Passport AV is a portable USB 2.0 external hard drive with a 320GB capacity. As the 'AV' in its name implies, it has been specifically designed with the video connoisseur and camcorder user in mind. It provides reliable video p...
The FreeAgent GoFlex Pro is one model in Seagate's refresh of its portable hard drive line (desktop versions are available, too). The new GoFlex system this drive is a part of encompasses drives of varying colours and capacities, connection modules, ...
Initial attempts at boosting magnetic hard-drive performance with a dose of flash memory fell flat; these so-called hybrid hard drives, released by Seagate and, in smaller quantity, by Samsung, didn't deliver on their promised speed gains. Now, nearl...
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not pay...
The latest addition to Western Digital’s VelociRaptor range doubles the storage capacity of the previous model and adds a SATA III interface. The new WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 6 Gb/s SATA stands out as a heavyweight hard drive for high-end gaming an...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
- Seagate crams a massive 5TB into a portable hard drive
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW