Storage giant WD follows its My Book Live range with the new ‘My Cloud’, a personal cloud device that looks neat, but isn’t as fluffy and cloud-like as the name might suggest.
The first unit based on Marvell’s Sheevaplug always-on microserver platform, the Plug Computer 3.0 looks bulky, but impressive.
A tower server for small businesses
TP-Link's tiny TL-PS310U print server lets you share a multifunction device or a USB drive over your network. It's useful if you don't want to share files and printer resources through a PC, and it's quite easy to set up and use.
Fujitsu is aiming to almost double sales of servers in the next two years as it absorbs Fujitsu Siemens Computers and reorganizes many aspects of its servers business into a single, global organization.
Michael Dell sees a potential acquisition of Sun Microsystems by IBM as an opportunity for his company to secure more customers and a greater share of the enterprise computing market, he said Tuesday.
Dell plans to announce in the next few days new servers and services offerings, the company's chief executive said Tuesday.
Microsoft has no plans to let businesses license and host its Windows Azure cloud-computing infrastructure on their own premises, the company said this week.
The two server rivals are reportedly in acquisition talks. A deal may be good for them, but it raises questions for Sun shops.
A union between IBM and Sun Microsystems would give Microsoft a competitive advantage during the time IBM worked to incorporate Sun's copious assets into a combined company, Microsoft's Steve Ballmer said Thursday.
Global technology giant IBM is in talks to buy Sun Microsystems in a deal that would expand its server market share, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
IBM is in talks to buy Sun Microsystems for as much as US$6.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched a new line of Integrity NonStop servers that the company says offers improved performance over its other entry-level servers that require high uptime.
Sun's systems design approach to SSD integration across software, systems and storage will give users up to 70 percent faster response times and up to 98 percent less power consumption than traditional spinning hard disk drives, the company said.
Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Fujitsu hopes to almost double server sales in two years
- Dell sees IBM rumor as chance to steal share from Sun
- Dell promises Nehalem servers, new services news this week
- Microsoft won't let companies host Azure on premise
- Outcome of acquisition talks unclear for IBM, Sun, customers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT