Two $200 systems from Lenovo and HP offer travelers a lightweight and low-cost way to work with Windows apps on the road.
Software and Services
Open source Web browser, Mozilla Firefox, claimed its latest update has fixed several critical vulnerabilities in Firefox 44 and earlier, and Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) version 38.6.
Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
The Windows 10 Mobile OS -- popularly known as Windows Phone -- is now compatible with smartphones based on x86 chips, according to Microsoft.
Dell is opening up its network operating system, one step toward a data-center OS that could help enterprises emulate cloud companies like Google and Facebook.
Time to update your Macs and iOS devices.
It's a much faster way to download a new app, but not everyone can try it out just yet.
US consumers have fallen for Windows 10, according to researcher IDC, with a larger fraction of those polled already running the OS than either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
iOS 9.3 public beta with Night Shift and OS X 10.11.4 public beta with Live Photos support are now available to public testers.
Online streaming and Internet TV company, Netflix, has launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement – and the service went live – during a keynote by co-founder and chief executive, Reed Hastings, at CES 2016.
To every thing there is a season, and for some technologies the time to die is almost upon us.
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Microsofts Edge browser, the replacement for Internet Explorer on Windows 10, continues to struggle to retain users.
It's almost like the Windows 10 restriction was completely arbitrary from the get-go.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW