A snapshot provided by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission of National Broadband Network services reveals that Telstra continues to dominate the NBN market.
Software and Services
Updating to a new build of Windows is always a give-and-take process. Here we focus on the taking with the Anniversary Update.
Microsoft's beefing up Office 365 with new Editor and Researcher features in Word to improve the quality and depth of your writing.
Australia's competition regulator and national consumer law champion, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is calling for consumers to be provided with better information about broadband speeds.
Windows 10's Anniversary Update polishes mature features like Cortana, Edge, and Skype while pointing the way toward a pen-enabled future. Windows 10 users should be pleased, but Windows 10 holdouts may remain unmoved.
Blocs 2 keeps the ease and elegance of its original version, but adds plenty of powerful new features.
Michelle Rowland has been appointed shadow minister for communications, with Labor leader Bill Shorten today unveiling a new-look shadow ministry.
The new upgrade introduces small improvements across the board, but nothing to sway Windows 7 stalwarts
The planned sale of Opera Software to a group of Chinese companies for $1.2 billion has foundered.
Last year, Microsoft announced that it planned to have a billion devices running Windows 10 by the middle of 2018. Now, the company is saying that was too ambitious.
Maxthon's fifth-generation MX5 Web browser includes a number of key features, such as password management, that you might end up paying for on other browsers.
Minor but necessary tweaks are coming to the iPad this September. Here's a sneak preview.
The GeForce GTX 1060 is Nvidia's answer to AMD's Radeon RX 480, which redefined what a $200 graphics card can do.
Senator Stephen Conroy has formally requested that the Australian Federal Police drop an investigation into leaked NBN documents which resulted in a high-profile raid on the senator’s office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW