Australian licences will go digital from mid-August and NSW is first off the rank, sources close to the government have confirmed.
With more than 500 million user accounts worldwide, Skype is one of the most popular free VoIP services around. Skype is probably most famous for its video-chat service, but it also provides telephony (the paid Skype-out feature even allows you to call landline and mobile phone numbers) and text-chat services.
According to Microsoft, Windows Live Hotmail is the world's largest web-based email service, with more than 360 million active accounts worldwide. But when it comes to buzz, Gmail has had it beat for the past several years. Now that may change. A revamped Hotmail was announced on May 18; it will be available sometime in July or August, with the exact date still to be determined.
It's not often that we give a thumbs-up to a program that's as buggy as Thunderbird to Outlook Express (TBird2OE). But we like this free app.
eBay has begun developing an alternative to the P2P technology used by Skype as a licensing dispute drags on and threatens to close the popular IP telephony service.
A lot of add-ons promise to help you restore order to your mess of an Outlook inbox, but most of the apps we've tried just resulted in more work for me. Not NEO Pro, though: this handy Outlook add-on is the first we've used that we actually plan to keep using.
Laptop Connect offers short-term wireless broadband hire and is the first service of its kind in Australia. It's a quick and easy solution for anyone who needs short-term mobile Internet access and isn't willing to sign up to a lengthy contract. However, it’s a little expensive for our liking.
Chances are you've heard or read about Google's phone management system Google Voice, but you're not really sure what it does. Google Voice is a free web-based application that lets you control all your various phone numbers - work, home, mobile, you name it - from a single, central phone number.
Translating to "doorway" in Finish, Nokia's Ovi Store is set to compete directly with Apple's App Store|Apple App Store.
You have your Twitter. And your Facebook. And your Flickr. And your MySpace. And, if you're like most people, the list of websites you use to share information with your friends, family, and the world at large probably goes on, too.
The 3 Mobile Internet Key E160 is a wireless broadband USB modem that's easy to set up. It provides full access to Telstra's Next G HSDPA network when roaming outside 3 Mobile's coverage area.
Though NEO Find brings faster searches and additional organization to Outlook e-mail, you must switch back and forth between Outlook and a separate program window to get its benefits.
Skype's mobile VoIP for the iPhone delivers where it matters: on voice quality.
Google will announce the next step in Gmail's evolution, a new product with "a European multilingual angle," on Monday.
The future does not look very bright for Skype, a day after Google announced it will launch a potential competitor and eBay's CEO said that the online auction company had basically failed in its efforts to integrate the voice-over-IP service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EXCLUSIVE: Digital licences set to go live by mid-August
- Legal spat pushes Ebay to develop new base for Skype
- Google plans fifth birthday present for Gmail users
- Google Voice, comments by eBay's CEO dim Skype's prospects
- Generating regexes and Gmail filters
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia