Australian licences will go digital from mid-August and NSW is first off the rank, sources close to the government have confirmed.
With more than 500 million user accounts worldwide, Skype is one of the most popular free VoIP services around. Skype is probably most famous for its video-chat service, but it also provides telephony (the paid Skype-out feature even allows you to call landline and mobile phone numbers) and text-chat services.
According to Microsoft, Windows Live Hotmail is the world's largest web-based email service, with more than 360 million active accounts worldwide. But when it comes to buzz, Gmail has had it beat for the past several years. Now that may change. A revamped Hotmail was announced on May 18; it will be available sometime in July or August, with the exact date still to be determined.
It's not often that we give a thumbs-up to a program that's as buggy as Thunderbird to Outlook Express (TBird2OE). But we like this free app.
eBay has begun developing an alternative to the P2P technology used by Skype as a licensing dispute drags on and threatens to close the popular IP telephony service.
A lot of add-ons promise to help you restore order to your mess of an Outlook inbox, but most of the apps we've tried just resulted in more work for me. Not NEO Pro, though: this handy Outlook add-on is the first we've used that we actually plan to keep using.
Laptop Connect offers short-term wireless broadband hire and is the first service of its kind in Australia. It's a quick and easy solution for anyone who needs short-term mobile Internet access and isn't willing to sign up to a lengthy contract. However, it’s a little expensive for our liking.
Chances are you've heard or read about Google's phone management system Google Voice, but you're not really sure what it does. Google Voice is a free web-based application that lets you control all your various phone numbers - work, home, mobile, you name it - from a single, central phone number.
Translating to "doorway" in Finish, Nokia's Ovi Store is set to compete directly with Apple's App Store|Apple App Store.
You have your Twitter. And your Facebook. And your Flickr. And your MySpace. And, if you're like most people, the list of websites you use to share information with your friends, family, and the world at large probably goes on, too.
The 3 Mobile Internet Key E160 is a wireless broadband USB modem that's easy to set up. It provides full access to Telstra's Next G HSDPA network when roaming outside 3 Mobile's coverage area.
Though NEO Find brings faster searches and additional organization to Outlook e-mail, you must switch back and forth between Outlook and a separate program window to get its benefits.
Skype's mobile VoIP for the iPhone delivers where it matters: on voice quality.
Google will announce the next step in Gmail's evolution, a new product with "a European multilingual angle," on Monday.
The future does not look very bright for Skype, a day after Google announced it will launch a potential competitor and eBay's CEO said that the online auction company had basically failed in its efforts to integrate the voice-over-IP service.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EXCLUSIVE: Digital licences set to go live by mid-August
- Legal spat pushes Ebay to develop new base for Skype
- Google plans fifth birthday present for Gmail users
- Google Voice, comments by eBay's CEO dim Skype's prospects
- Generating regexes and Gmail filters
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- CCBI Technical LeadACT
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPData AnalystWA
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD