With Windows 7, Microsoft (MSFT) aims to please both consumers and businesses large and small.
Software and Services
Google Chrome hit a milestone over the weekend when it became the third-most popular browser after Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, according to metrics firm Net Applications. It controls just 4.63 percent of the browser market, but C...
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the >uch-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying.
It appears the holiday season was a very, very good one for e-reader sales. According to Amazon, the Kindle was the "most-gifted product" in the company's history. And for the first time ever, the online retailer's customers bought more Kindle e-book...
Let's just assume for a minute that Yelp doesn't need the US$550 million that Google reportedly offered it in a failed acquisition attempt.
We all use Google. Well, maybe not Bill Gates, but that's about it. Now, Google is hoping to become an even bigger part of our everyday lives.
At one time, Microsoft was about as welcome in Silicon Valley as Darth Vader at a Jedi knight convention. Commonly referred to as the Evil Empire, the company was feared and hated in roughly equal measure when it opened its first Silicon Valley offic...
Could an app store work for desktop computers? It may sound crazy, but think about it. The model has proved wildly successful for the iPhone, but that doesn't necessarily translate into the desktop realm. There are compelling arguments both for and a...
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Some of these add-ons for Google's browser will boost productivity and some are just plain fun.
Microsoft Windows 7 may represent the last ever, large in-mass upgrade of the Windows client environment and define the line where the desktop PC was no longer the center of the end-user universe, according to IDC.
Despite Google's move into the operating system (OS) space, the idea of a primarily cloud-centric OS is nothing revolutionary; the earliest examples date back to 1999. And although numerous other attempts at developing Web-centric OSes none up to th...
The Great Recession cast a shadow on all sectors of the economy in 2009. IT fared better than most, however, and the slump did not curb the dynamic nature of the industry. Acquisitions among big vendors continued to reshape the market, operating-syst...
Since its highly ballyhooed rollout near the end of October, Windows 7 has been applauded by many as Microsoft's best operating system yet. But no OS is perfect, and that goes for Windows 7.
Experienced PC users know that not every operating-system upgrade goes smoothly -- but that bit of understanding does little to offset the annoyance we feel when we're faced with seemingly unresolvable installation problems. Windows 7 has presented s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW