Google Chome OS, which Google is expected to preview this Thursday, has been the subject of much speculation and rumors since its announcement last summer, when Google made public its plans to develop a lightweight, open-source Linux-based OS aimed p...
Software and Services
It may be the biggest snafu Microsoft's seen since Vista.
On its fifth birthday, Firefox must be considered both an incredible success and somewhat of a failure. The open source Web browser is a great product and quite an achievement, but has not tremendously advanced the cause of "free" software.
Buying a mobile phone or mobile broadband service can be a daunting task, especially if the tech tools are destined for a Christmas stocking. Many consumers purchase their new mobile phones on a contract, as such it can be hard to track down a bargai...
How many people really use Google Apps and how many of them are paying customers? That's a question Google has never quite answered, having touted a "20 million users" and "2 million companies" figure that is almost meaningless.
Windows 7 may be brand spanking new, but that doesn't mean you can't find free or cheap tools to tweak its settings, add features, or smooth an upgrade from XP or Vista. We've compiled a list of ten valuable software tools -- many of them free -- th...
Now that Windows 7 is here, you have some decisions to make. Microsoft has a virtual smorgasbord of options to choose from and it can get a little tricky trying to figure out which flavor of Windows 7 you should choose.
Just as with Windows Vista, one of the big questions you face when going to pick up a new computer is whether to install the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7.
The launch of Google's Chrome browser a little over a year ago brought with it a mountain of hype and expectations, with some suggesting it could be as instantly disruptive and beneficial as Gmail was to the webmail market.
It's been almost a week since Windows 7's official launch, and a ton of information and opinion is out there surrounding Microsoft's latest operating system. On the one hand, you have positive reports of Windows 7 helping extend battery life, install...
Amazon's extending its electronic bookstore onto your desktop. The company announced plans for a Kindle for PC desktop application at Microsoft's Windows 7 launch event Thursday.
I have a confession: I'm a switcher. My long journey with Windows, which began even before Windows with MS-DOS, ended with Windows Vista. While so many others navigated the Vista debacle by sticking with Windows XP, I gave Vista a try -- and gave up....
For many, the official release of a new Microsoft operating system--such as Windows 7--is just the starting of a clock. They will not buy the new OS until Service Pack 1 is released.
Pick up Windows 7, grab a stylish smartphone, and more!
If you thought that Microsoft learned all its lessons with Vista - you'll be disappointed. Despite the fact Windows 7 beta is getting mostly positive reviews, revelations that Microsoft plans on releasing six different flavors of Windows 7 left many ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW