Ever wanted to read other people's observations — or even share your own — when you're browsing the Web? [[xref:http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/172470/googles_sidewiki_lets_people_post_comments_about_web_pages.html|Google To...
Software and Services
FL Studio keeps getting better with a host of new tweaks and innovations. Version 9 of this software music production environment is the culmination of more than 10 years of development and with the company's policy of a lifetime free upgrades for o...
Arena 2 at Tech.Ed was surprisingly not a full house as a session was given on the top 10 reasons for deploying Windows 7. Not surprisingly, the number one reason for deploying Windows 7 is its performance, including how the operating system performs...
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
Like a fervent preacher appearing before his flock, Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin emphasized benefits and potential for the Linux platform Thursday during an industry conference that also featured an update on mobile Linux efforts. A...
With 3/5ths of a family pack installed, Apple's Snow Leopard has not changed my family's lives. In fact, if you didn't know Snow Leopard was on-board, you might not notice.
It's the best of times if you're a lover of operating systems, with the nearly simultaneous release of Apple's Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" (available right now) and Microsoft's Windows 7 (available Oct. 22). This leads to the inevitable debate: Whic...
Some of the biggest high-tech deals never happened. Some of the most promising products and services never came to be. Why? Because the people and companies involved didn't realize what they were letting slip through their fingers, or they simply cou...
One of the biggest points of confusion around Apple's newest version of Mac OS X is about whether it's really a 64-bit or a 32-bit operating system. Apple bills Snow Leopard as supporting 64-bit from top to bottom, while some industry watchers say it...
Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to va...
In building Snow Leopard, the latest version of Mac OS X (version 10.6), Apple focused more on under-the-hood improvements to boost speed and stability than on adding new features. That contrasts with its predecessor, Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), which a...
If you aren't lucky enough to have a real Polaroid camera and a stockpile of film, just upload your photos to Rollip.com
What's thin, light, powerful, sometimes clever, and always there to handle your data burning needs? ImgBurn, easily the most impressive free/donationware burning software I've run across. The program handles a host of image types including ISO, NRG, ...
There are a variety of enhancements and refinements introduced in Snow Leopard, the next version of the Mac OS, which Apple announced will be available this Friday (August 28).
Microsoft's recent "Laptop Hunters" ad campaign is centered on the idea that Macs are more expensive than PCs and that the cost of core business and productivity tools for the Mac add to that expense.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chinese $1.2B deal for Opera crumples
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 is a budget GTX 980 killer
- NBN raids: Conroy calls for end to ‘ludicrous’ AFP investigation
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW