Google has unveiled Caffeine, a "next-generation architecture" for its Web search platform. The retooled search engine is said to be faster, more accurate, and more comprehensive than the current Google search setup.
Software and Services
The open-source faithful are lambasting a proposed overhaul of OpenOffice.org's user interface, with critics saying it would "ape" Microsoft Office's controversial Ribbon layout.
Jeff Haynie reached a crossroads last summer. Haynie, CEO of Appcelerator, a firm that develops open source cross-platform application development software, made a decision filled with implications for his company's future. That decision: to toss awa...
Microsoft released the ready-to-ship version of its Windows 7 operating system to software developers and IT professionals on Thursday, raising the question as to when consumers will be able to get their hands on a copy--be it via download, shrink wr...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
Why would jurors in a huge murder trial violate a judge's order to not discuss the case by posting seemingly innocuous comments about the trial on their Facebook pages? That's what the judge, the court, the lawyers, and the public in Lancaster County...
Mozilla's Firefox Web browser has just hit a new milestone, reaching its 1 billionth user download.
So what's it mean for computer users now that Microsoft and Yahoo today finally are announcing their long-anticipated marriage of Microsoft's Bing search engine and Yahoo's premium search advertising tools? Will this change our lives?
Well, friends, sound the wedding bells: The longest-running courtship in the history of mankind has finally reached its climax. No July Fools' joke here -- Microsoft and Yahoo have agreed to tie the knot and form a search partnership.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
The Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. courtship that has been taking place on and off for the past four years had grown as tiresome as the annual Brett Favre retirement watch.
Microsoft's surprise offer last week to European Union (EU) antitrust regulators that it will give Windows users a chance to download rivals' browsers stunned some, who likened it to waving the white flag.
How does that old Jim Croce song go?
Forty years ago this summer, a programmer sat down and knocked out in one month what would become one of the most important pieces of software ever created.
For a while there, I kinda forgot Yahoo existed. This week's news brings the company back with a vengeance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Update to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides lets them automatically save recent files offline
- The speed you need: Pyne and Albanese clash on NBN
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- NBN leaks: Journalist union slams AFP raids
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT