There's little doubt in my mind that Google will not fail with Chrome OS.
Software and Services
Google's idea of an operating system sounds pretty cool: Lightweight. Speedy. Secure. Web-centric. But while I'm sure Chrome OS will pick up some fans, I have a hard time seeing this as the way of the future for computing.
There might be thousands and thousands of game choices at the App Store, but the sad truth is that most of them aren't worth your time -- or money.
At the risk of piling on, I'll join the chorus of those who wish Windows 7 Ultimate was, well, more ultimate--offering truly important features that aren't in other versions of the new OS. While I don't think having an "Ultimate" that really isn't wi...
Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
In 1989, Eugene Kaspersky ran afoul of the Cascade virus while working for the Ministry of Defence in the heart of the Soviet Union. He defeated it with his wits and a pencil.
Like the fluid and swirling currents in the world's vast oceans, the global usage statistics for Web browsers are constantly on the move.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
A simple, slightly quirky, but very inexpensive way to author DVDs -- that's WinX DVD author in a nutshell. The best news is that WinX DVD Author ($26, free demo) works quite well with the file types that it supports (mpeg, AVI, MP4k).
It looks like the image of a woman throwing up after inadvertently viewing pornography was too controversial for Microsoft.
Moblin is an Intel-created open-source operating system for netbooks and, specifically, the kind of people who use them.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 is off to a running start. The new browser, boasting significant speed increases and a host of added features, was officially released Tuesday morning. By mid-afternoon, the program had surpassed 1.6 million downloads worldwide ...
A year ago today, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows XP, no longer selling new copies in most venues. The June 30 kill date for XP followed a six-month outcry from users about Windows Vista, with demands that Microsoft keep XP available alongside V...
Mozilla today released Firefox 3.5, which you can download from Mozilla's Web site. Firefox 3.5 boasts a number of significant changes--ranging from new ways to work with the browser features to under-the-hood improvements that Mozilla developers say...
Internet search engines and software applications can catalog huge volumes of information, but they aren't smart enough to trace personal relationships between people, according to the executive chairman of World-Check, a company that maintains a dat...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT