The just-released Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of Internet Explorer 8 is a fast, stable browser, tweaked for productivity and security, with few obvious changes over the previous Beta 2 release.
Software and Services
Getting started with Linux can be an intimidating task, particularly for people who have never tried any operating system besides Windows. In truth, however, very little about Linux is actually difficult to use. It's simply a different OS, with its o...
It's one of those perennial age-old battles that can never be resolved. Coke or Pepsi? Chocolate or vanilla? Linux or Windows?
The challenge: switch from Windows Vista to Windows 7 completely.
While you were likely to be opening up Christmas presents, Linus Torvalds was giving Linux users around the world a special present: the release of the next major Linux kernel: Linux 2.6.28.
Microsoft Windows 7 beta is now available for public download. We've compiled all the information you need to understand what's different with the Windows 7 beta and decide whether it's the right option for you.
Microsoft is busily promoting Windows 7, its next operating system and successor to the much-maligned Vista.
On Thursday at CES, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced the public availability of the Windows 7 beta release. At PC World we've been running our own evaluations of the forthcoming replacement to Microsoft's much-derided Windows Vista for some time...
Late yesterday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Late Wednesday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Firefox 3.1 may only be a point release -- from 3.0 to 3.1 -- but its just-released Beta 2 version is a good indication that the final release will be a must-have upgrade for anyone using Firefox.
Apple hasn't done much talking about Snow Leopard, the next-generation update to Mac OS X that's due to be released in 2009 (possibly within the first quarter of the year). But in what came as a surprise to many, the company has said that the new ope...
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released as a public beta version.
When Microsoft, Mozilla or Apple comes out with a new version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, it makes news -- mainly because most of us use one or more of these three Web browsers. In fact, with the exception of Google's Chrome (which made ...
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT