Twitter wasn't the favorite to land the NFL's Thursday Night Football live stream, but the company came out on top because of its potential reach and established role in creating online commentary around live sports.
Software and Services - Features
Now that Mailbox is gone, we recommend the best email clients for GTD, Inbox Zero, Exchange users, Gmail, minimalists, and more.
As usual, Microsoft is late to the party. But this isn't like all the other times that came before
Yahoo! may be capped with an exclamation but there is a giant question mark hanging over its future.
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
COBOL offers the promise of job security and above-average pay. Even some of the cool kids are doing it.
Netflix is securing the borders of its US library, but the latest crackdown is another token effort in a war it can never win.
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Search engine optimization experts share advice on how marketers and SEO pros can keep up with Google's ever-changing algorithm and ensure that their websites rank prominently on the world's leading search engine.
On ABC’s LateLine last night, nbn CEO Bill Morrow was asked why the new “skinny fibre” (a new form of fibre-based broadband technology) wasn’t being used instead of Fibre-to-the-Node (copper based broadband) despite only being slightly-more expensive...
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
A pop song about Skype. A punk song about PowerPoint. A funky rap about Microsoft Bob. And so many more. Nothing gets the party started like a Microsoft jam.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC