If you're a Windows 7 user who wants to try out Linux for the first time, one of the easiest ways to do so is to install Ubuntu by using the Windows Ubuntu Installer, or Wubi for short. Using this installer, you can run Ubuntu on your Windows system ...
Software and Services
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
The clock is winding down to the official launch of Windows 8. With only a few weeks to go until Windows 8 hits the street, businesses and consumers will have to decide whether to invest in the latest Microsoft operating system, or just stick with wh...
This is a common question that many people have been asking us, wondering if they should wait for Windows 8 to be released, or to buy a computer with Windows 7 on it now. The answer is relatively simple in our opinion: if you want to buy a desktop or...
One year and one week since the release of OS X Lion, Apple is back with Mountain Lion, also known as OS X 10.8.
With the latest iteration of Office, Microsoft pledges to bring the documents and services you need to run a business to any screen you choose, from a PC to a touch-enabled Windows Surface tablet or Windows 8 Phone.
The beta version of Office 2013 gets a needed facelift and adds a host of useful features, but its Cloud integration leaves something to be desired.
Apple updates its iOS mobile operating system once a year. But why should the iPhone and iPad have all the fun? On Thursday Apple announced that it will release a new version of OS X—Mountain Lion—this summer, just a year after the release of OS X Li...
Windows XP users, your favorite operating system is a decade old, and if you're still using it, you're not cool anymore, at least according to Microsoft. That's the software giant's recent take on its aging OS, which is still more popular than Vista ...
Back when Windows Vista was but a twinkle in Bill Gates's eye, Microsoft had some extremely ambitious plans to rid computer users of an outmoded concept called "files." But alas, WinFS (as the company's project was called) turned out to be too ambiti...
Reader David Mitchell delves into the personal with this question about Lion. He writes:
Thanks to three new features in Lion -- and improvements to one older feature -- losing your data or your place may soon be a thing of the past. Versions, Auto Save, Resume, and Time Machine combine to make sure that not only are your documents thoro...
Lion introduces a slew of changes to the OS X interface -- some of them entirely new, others variations on existing features. In either case, they're going to take some getting used to.
At long last, Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) is available, and unlike previous versions of the Mac OS, getting it doesn't involve driving to the nearest Apple Store or retailer, or waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive -- you just download it directly from the...
While there are many new features in Lion -- like Mission Control and Launchpad -- you'll also find some old familiars: The Finder, Spotlight, Quick Look, the Dock, and About this Mac, for example, are all still there. But that's not to say these OS ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT