Clipboard style smartpad bridges the gap between handwriting and keyboarding, but clunky software tarnishes the results.
Graphics & Publishing
AMD's expanding the Polaris GPU family with the Radeon RX 470, but this otherwise stellar graphics card simply isn't worthwhile at this price.
The GeForce GTX 1060 is Nvidia's answer to AMD's Radeon RX 480, which redefined what a $200 graphics card can do.
You'll find no driver and no cockpit, but plenty of processing power in Roborace's autonomous racecar, thanks to Nvidia's lunchbox-sized Drive PX 2 supercomputer.
Here's what Nvidia's monstrous new Pascal GPU looks like under the hood. Let's dive into the tech specs.
Nvidia's varied list of developer tools were messily organized in different kits, but that's not the case anymore.
AMD is releasing one monster graphics card after another as the GPU speed battle with Nvidia heats up.
Adobe Lightroom 4.1 is a comprehensive, self-contained environment for importing, editing, organizing, printing, and sharing your photos.
We look at several different ways that you can convert PowerPoint to Flash
If you have already used most of the Microsoft PowerPoint templates and you’re looking for some new ones we've selected some of the best
When I make stuff--regardless of the material I use--I start by creating a rough sketch of my idea using pencil and paper, and then I launch into the project, typically spending a great deal of time revising and fixing mistakes. In the future, however, I may try to design some projects in Alibre Design 2011 Personal Edition to save time and frustration on the back end. That is, if I can ever master this hobbyist-level CAD program.
Serif PhotoPlus is designed for photo enthusiasts who seek more creative control and functionality than what novice programs offer, but who aren't ready to graduate to the depth, complexity, and expense of Adobe Photoshop.
Able to design terrains, water and oceans, skies, clouds, fog, vegetation and architecture, along with strong animation and rendering tools, Bryce is a venerable 3D suite now being developed by Daz As to be expected, Bryce 7 Pro offers close integration with Daz Studio and thus access to the Daz library of digital characters and objects, but there's a welcome new ability to import models in Google Sketchup format, as well as import and export COLLADA and FBX files.
Adobe Acrobat is a multitalented business application. You can use it to lock down electronic documents, create press-ready color pages, or produce form-laden documents that feed data to a database. But judging from the beta I tried of Adobe Acrobat X Pro ($728 when released in fourth quarter 2010), the latest iteration will be much more Web-aware, and it will be able to bring new life to formerly staid, static electronic documents.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, the new version of Adobe's image editing and organising application, adds a few interesting features, but nothing of an oh-wow nature--unless you're opting for the Macintosh version, which adds several features found in previous Windows versions. But whichever platform you're on, Elements 9 remains one of the better consumer-level image handling applications you can choose.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 is a budget GTX 980 killer
- The specs and story behind the Roborace autonomous car and its Nvidia Drive PX 2 brains
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
- Nvidia unifies a big list of developer tools in one package
- AMD's new FirePro S9300 X2 is its latest monster GPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Government - SydneyNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA