Open source Web browser, Mozilla Firefox, claimed its latest update has fixed several critical vulnerabilities in Firefox 44 and earlier, and Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) version 38.6.
Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Microsofts Edge browser, the replacement for Internet Explorer on Windows 10, continues to struggle to retain users.
The Prime Minister’s office has issued an innovation statement, noting a $9.7 billion government investment into research and development across CSIRO, government agencies, the business and higher education sectors.
A so-called Li-Fi network can transmit data 100 times faster than regular Wi-Fi, as long as nothing gets in its way.
Google transforms its everything-for-everyone social network into a site that does one thing really well -- connecting supernerds.
Reddit has decided to honor 'Do Not Track,' a feature that will ensure that it does not download third-party analytics on to browsers that enable the option to access its online discussion website and other services.
A year after Yahoo struck a deal with Mozilla to make its search engine the default in Firefox in the U.S., Yahoo's share of search usage share has fallen to levels lower than before the partnership was signed.
Microsoft has begun promoting its new Edge browser using its Bing search engine.
The new, built-from-scratch typeface is designed to scale better across multiple screen sizes and platforms.
At 140 feet, it has the wingspan of a Boeing 737, but carries no passengers -- and it's much lighter too, weighing in at no more than 1,000 pounds. And within the next couple months, Facebook hopes to get its drone off the ground on an inaugural test flight.
Google Australia has launched a new initiative designed to help produce more Australian software developers.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 -- now in public beta -- is the newest version of Microsoft's browser. Compared with IE 8, it's faster, with a streamlined interface. But it's also still A beta, and unsurprisingly, some areas still need refinement.
Mozilla has released the first beta version of Firefox 4, its updated browser that offers new features such as a revised menu layout, more screen space for web pages and more HTML 5 HD video support.
Safari 5 ups the ante in the browser wars, with two major improvements: a performance boost to rival speed king Chrome, the highly useful Safari Reader, which makes it much easier to read multi-page Web articles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Optus fined $51k for duping customers on Internet speeds
- Microsoft's Edge keeps shedding share as users pick other browsers on Windows 10
- Turnbull turns up the dial on innovation for Australia
- Light-based 'Li-Fi' beams data 100 times faster than Wi-Fi
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT