The third major fixed-line technology slated to be part of the ‘multi-technology mix’ being employed for the National Broadband Network is now available commercially. NBN announced today that the first commercial Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC) services had been made available for order in Queensland.
We all love the feeling of preparing a holiday from packing a suitcase to jumping into a plane and flying to an exotic destination. While it’s so exciting to travel, for most of us, finding the cheapest plane ticket is a priority.
That is the question my partner and I have been asking ourselves over the last nine years as Exetel has continued to refuse support and deny our claims that their service is inconsistent, patchy and drops out at random intervals.
Obama administration unveils new initiatives to promote global startups as Obama calls for broadband expansion and freedom of expression on the web.
NBN’s original CEO, Mike Quigley, has joined independent candidate for New England, Tony Windsor, to spruik the potential benefits for regional Australia of returning to a fibre to the premises (FTTP) National Broadband Network rollout.
NBN. Three letters so disliked even my own laptop keys are beginning to protest the frequency of their use, sticking under the weight of my tired, tired hands.
The cost of complying with an injunction compelling ISPs to block access to a number of pirate websites, the costs of legal proceedings, and how to deal with mirror and proxy sites are the key areas of difference between Foxtel and Village Roadshow on one side and a group of ISPs on the other, according to Richard Lancaster SC.
The Coalition’s decision to largely ditch a fibre to the premises (FTTP) rollout has led to the National Broadband Network heading in the wrong direction according to NBN’s original CEO Mike Quigley.
Australian web traffic will grow at a rate of 21 per cent a year for the next five years, according to Cisco’s latest annual Virtual Networking Index (VNI).
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within 0.2% accuracy.
Greens call for immediate "multi-party inquiry into the most cost-effective and future-proof architecture for the NBN"
In the wake of Labor confirming that it has no plans for a Royal Commission into the NBN, Scott Ludlam from the Greens has told PC World...
Many people continue to call for Labor to order a Royal Commission into the NBN should they return to power. It’s not surprising why… the $36bn FttH national rollout has turned into a $60bn failed upgrade to the existing copper network with many questionable individuals getting rich along the way. Furthermore, the justifications for doing this have been grounded in so much misinformation, incompetence and downright lies, that some decisions defy reality.
Telstra will this weekend open up access to its national Wi-Fi network to mark World Wi-Fi Day.
NBN’s chairman, Ziggy Switkowski, has done a “remarkable job,” Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said today. Under Switkowski and CEO Bill Morrow, NBN has undergone a “phenomenal turnaround,” the prime minister claimed during a doorstop interview.
An op-ed penned by NBN’s chairman, Ziggy Switkowski, violated the caretaker conventions that guide the activities of the public service during an election campaign, according to the secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HFC services officially join NBN mix
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
- Not too late to change NBN’s direction, NBN Co’s first CEO says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW