Now that Mailbox is gone, we recommend the best email clients for GTD, Inbox Zero, Exchange users, Gmail, minimalists, and more.
The ACCC given the green light to smartphone taxi booking app, ihail, almost six months after blocking the app over concerns it would reduce competition.
Time to update your Macs and iOS devices.
You can get a close-up of many parts of the world that have seen dramatic changes due to the world's rising temperatures.
Apple has launched its free iTunes Radio service in Australia as it hopes to prevent customers from migrating to rival music streaming services.
There isn't long to go now before the 2012 London Olympics begin, and if you're still at a loss as to when your favourite sports will be shown live on TV, now's the time to get organised. With an Olympic TV schedule yet to be published by channel Nine, one easy way to know when your favourite sport might be on is to install Vegemite's Wake Up app, which is available for both Android and iPhone users.
When Apple introduced Keynote for the iPad last year, it did a terrific job translating the desktop application’s functions to the tablet’s multi-touch interface. But the iPad imposed limitations that made the iOS version less-than-ideal for creating or editing presentations on the go.
When I reviewed the initial release of Numbers for iPad in April 2010, I noted that it worked well for creating original spreadsheets, and for working on Numbers-native spreadsheets from your Mac, but that it fell short due to its inability to output files in Excel format. (Though Apple’s app could read such files, it would convert them to Numbers format). That version of Numbers was also available strictly for the iPad, and not the iPhone or iPod touch.
Pages for iOS has been available on the Apple iPad since the device's launch in April 2010. It's also been Apple's standard word processor and Microsoft Word competitor on the Mac platform for years. It's only just made the transition to the iPhone and iPod touch, though, and on these devices it proves itself to be a generally competent performer.
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as “bee” rather than the phonic “ber”.
Mocal is a free, Australian-developed iPhone app that lets you search for business listings, restaurants, and a wealth of other points of interest based on your current location. Also offering turn-by-turn directions for when you're on foot or in your car, Mocal is an excellent Australian search tool but we'd definitely steer clear of it for GPS navigation.
The FIFA World Cup is less than 100 days away from kick-off and there are a number of iPhone apps to help pass the time as anticipation mounts.
No longer content to play second fiddle to Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut has followed in the footsteps of its biggest Australian competitor by launching an [[artnid:309245|iPhone|Review: Apple iPhone 3GS]] app down under. The Pizza Hut iPhone app is convenient and the 30 per cent discount is a great advantage, but it's a little sluggish compared to Domino's offering.
A look at 26 different titles on the iPhone that gamers would consider "real" video games. Familiar franchises and known names that are a little more than the usual casual fare
As ordering fast food over the phone or through a Web browser clearly isn't enough, Domino's Pizza Australia has developed and released an iPhone application that allows you to order pizza on your smartphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ACCC gives green light to taxi booking app
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- Google uses its Street View service to document impacts of climate change
- Free Apple iTunes Radio launches in Australia
- New iPhones, new MacBook Pros, Snow Leopard, iPhone 3.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW