Time to update your Macs and iOS devices.
You can get a close-up of many parts of the world that have seen dramatic changes due to the world's rising temperatures.
Apple has launched its free iTunes Radio service in Australia as it hopes to prevent customers from migrating to rival music streaming services.
There isn't long to go now before the 2012 London Olympics begin, and if you're still at a loss as to when your favourite sports will be shown live on TV, now's the time to get organised. With an Olympic TV schedule yet to be published by channel Nine, one easy way to know when your favourite sport might be on is to install Vegemite's Wake Up app, which is available for both Android and iPhone users.
When Apple introduced Keynote for the iPad last year, it did a terrific job translating the desktop application’s functions to the tablet’s multi-touch interface. But the iPad imposed limitations that made the iOS version less-than-ideal for creating or editing presentations on the go.
When I reviewed the initial release of Numbers for iPad in April 2010, I noted that it worked well for creating original spreadsheets, and for working on Numbers-native spreadsheets from your Mac, but that it fell short due to its inability to output files in Excel format. (Though Apple’s app could read such files, it would convert them to Numbers format). That version of Numbers was also available strictly for the iPad, and not the iPhone or iPod touch.
Pages for iOS has been available on the Apple iPad since the device's launch in April 2010. It's also been Apple's standard word processor and Microsoft Word competitor on the Mac platform for years. It's only just made the transition to the iPhone and iPod touch, though, and on these devices it proves itself to be a generally competent performer.
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as “bee” rather than the phonic “ber”.
Mocal is a free, Australian-developed iPhone app that lets you search for business listings, restaurants, and a wealth of other points of interest based on your current location. Also offering turn-by-turn directions for when you're on foot or in your car, Mocal is an excellent Australian search tool but we'd definitely steer clear of it for GPS navigation.
The FIFA World Cup is less than 100 days away from kick-off and there are a number of iPhone apps to help pass the time as anticipation mounts.
No longer content to play second fiddle to Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut has followed in the footsteps of its biggest Australian competitor by launching an [[artnid:309245|iPhone|Review: Apple iPhone 3GS]] app down under. The Pizza Hut iPhone app is convenient and the 30 per cent discount is a great advantage, but it's a little sluggish compared to Domino's offering.
A look at 26 different titles on the iPhone that gamers would consider "real" video games. Familiar franchises and known names that are a little more than the usual casual fare
As ordering fast food over the phone or through a Web browser clearly isn't enough, Domino's Pizza Australia has developed and released an iPhone application that allows you to order pizza on your smartphone.
The fifth Australian turn-by-turn GPS application to be available from Apple's App Store, NDrive Australia aims to please iPhone users with detailed maps and a straightforward user interface. Unfortunately, its lack of features and a sub-par interface means it fails to impress.
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- Google uses its Street View service to document impacts of climate change
- Free Apple iTunes Radio launches in Australia
- New iPhones, new MacBook Pros, Snow Leopard, iPhone 3.0
- Confessions of an iPhone game maker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW