Windows 10 is running on 110 million devices, Microsoft said as it introduced a new Surface Pro tablet, the Surface Book notebook and several Lumia smartphones, all of which run the OS.
Software and Services
Windows 10's user share growth slowed significantly in September, but by the month's end approximately 110 million customers were running the new OS, data released today signaled.
Google Photos gets Chromecast support and custom name labels for Android users.
Grand opening celebrations for Microsoft’s Pitt Street store in Sydney will take place at mid-day on 12 November.
At the BoxWorks conference, the Apple CEO explained why the former foes could gain more by collaborating than by competing.
Microsoft's series of guides to the core Office 2016 apps are surprisingly brief on some key topics, which is surprising given how much the company needs new users to take up this software.
Netflix has landed on Samsung's Gear VR headset, and it's both wonderful and slightly disappointing.
Microsoft's venerable Office productivity suite has been a key component of most major companies' workflows for years, if not decades. On Tuesday, the company released the next major update for the suite.
Live streaming to YouTube Gaming could be in the works for Google Play Games, while Photos may get more collaboration tools.
Sharing your streaming video password with the world isn’t good for much more than a laugh.
The Windows Store needs more users, so the company’s built app discovery into the very fabric of Windows 10. It seems to be working.
Microsoft may auto-download Windows 10 files whether you ask for them or not.
In a surprise move, Microsoft appeared on Apple's stage to show off Office for iPad during the company's keynote Wednesday morning.
It's going to be a busy September for iOS and Mac users.
Microsoft has begun promoting its new Edge browser using its Bing search engine.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW