Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
Software and Services
In a vote of confidence for Windows 7's suitability for use on netbook PCs, Hewlett-Packard says it likely will offer at least three different editions of the upcoming operating system on future models of its Mini netbooks.
Microsoft will not offer "Ultimate Extras" in Window 7, the company has confirmed, saying it abandoned the heavily-criticized concept to focus on "existing features."
The turbulent economy could hinder enterprise adoption of Windows 7, even though many companies opted to skip Windows Vista and are still running the outdated Windows XP OS, analysts said.
Fresh-faced US President Barack Obama is, like his campaign maxim, an emblem of change. The traditional vehicles for the dissemination of information and influence on the public – the mass media and old-style campaign letter-boxing – changed in the y...
Microsoft changed the default settings of one of its most important security features for Windows 7 because users balked at clicking more than two prompts a day, a company executive said Thursday.
The British Conservative Party was wrong to slate the UK Government for its approach to open source, and US outfit Fortify Software has come up with research to prove it. The bottom line: open source is just too risky anyway.
Microsoft may do the unthinkable with Danger, the mobile software and services developer it purchased last year: Go open source.
Mozilla Corp. has patched seven security vulnerabilities in Firefox, two of them labeled "critical," in the browser's first update for 2009.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
While it plans to focus on marketing two versions of Windows 7, Microsoft will offer six editions of its next operating system to better satisfy PC makers and end users, an executive said this week.
Microsoft has ramped up a new Windows support assistant nearly three months after it quietly debuted the automatic repair and configuration tool.
In 10 weeks, Microsoft will begin to retire Windows XP by shifting the seven-year-old OS into a more limited support plan.
Internet telephony software company Skype is pushing ahead with videoconferencing in a bigger way with the release of version 4.0 for Windows, but the company is yet to standardise its releases for Linux and Mac OS X.
Dory and Marlin would likely have had an easier time finding Nemo if the new version of Google Earth was around at the time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW