Adobe Systems has released a patch for its Shockwave Player to fix a critical vulnerability, the company wrote on its security blog on Tuesday.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft on Wednesday announced online tools that could help consumers reduce energy consumption costs, and said it had big plans for products in the pipeline.
IPhone and Android users may increasingly see ads appear in their phone applications, now that Google is expanding its advertising program for mobile applications.
Microsoft will launch its Windows 7 free upgrade program for buyers of Vista PCs on Friday, according to a message on a new company Web site.
The criminal trial of four senior Google executives in a court in Milan, Italy, on Tuesday was postponed until Sept. 29 because the translator failed to show up, Google said Tuesday.
Google has created a Web site for developers that is focused exclusively on making Web applications, sites and browsers faster.
Europeans who purchase Vista-powered PCs starting Friday will have to do a "clean install" of the free Windows 7 upgrade they'll receive later this year because Microsoft has yanked Internet Explorer from the new OS, according to a Web site that regu...
Microsoft will turn off the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) tap on Aug. 15, the company said today.
ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor Infor on Monday is announcing the Infor Flex, a program it says will make it logistically and financially easier for customers to upgrade or switch to other Infor products.
Google has enhanced its search engine's capacity to index Adobe's Flash files, which are very popular on the Web but tricky for search engine spiders.
Saying that it still plans to launch Firefox 3.5 by the end of the month, Mozilla late Friday issued the new browser's first release candidate, the most stable and polished build delivered so far in the year-long development process.
A single mother who won a retrial after a US$220,000 verdict against her for sharing music files has now been ordered to pay $1.92 million by a jury in Minnesota.
The first question many people asked when Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus proposed the Village Phone idea was: Who will they call?
The Microsoft blogger who first called attention to a security vulnerability in Windows 7's User Account Control (UAC) feature claims it still exists and that Microsoft won't fix it, even as the company nears final code completion on the OS.
After promising that people can use Outlook "seamlessly" with the Gmail component of its Apps suite, Google is toning down those expectations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snapchat just got way easier to use thanks to a new search bar
- Microsoft is retiring the Blue Screen of Death for some users
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTITSM Project Manager - PERM ROLE !!!!!!ACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW