Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Software and Services
Apple and Opera lag behind Google and Mozilla when it comes to distributing Web browser updates due to how they've structured their patch programs, according to new research.
The near-final version of Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 7, became available late Monday to the general public.
Microsoft on Tuesday announced new job cuts that are part of the 5,000 the company said in January that it expected to eliminate.
Google has unveiled a new service that will push Gmail and calendar items to the native client software on BlackBerry devices, stepping up the search giant's efforts in the enterprise market.
A new Microsoft add-on for Windows 7 that will let some users run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine could create support nightmares for IT managers, analysts said last week.
Pirated copies of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on file-sharing sites contain malware, according to users who have downloaded the upgrade.
Microsoft Corp. will not dump Vista when Windows 7 launches and plans to keep selling it to computer makers, system builders, volume licensees and consumers at retail until at least January 2011, a Microsoft spokesman said, citing long-running policy...
How long does Microsoft plan to keep selling copies of its Windows Vista operating system after the upcoming launch of Windows 7? The company isn't saying.
<a href="http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=dosearch&search_news=1&search_reviews=1&&search_features=1&search_blogs=1&thecriteria=Fotolia">Fotolia</a> has launched its microstock video collection, w...
A web tool that answers questions directly rather than offering a list of search results could become as popular as Google, according to its inventor.
Timing is everything, Microsoft's Ray Ozzie told a crowd in Seattle on Friday.
Although Microsoft Corp. refuses to name a delivery date for Windows 7, it could launch the new operating system as early as August, according to timeline comparisons of significant dates for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Microsoft will unveil an add-on to Windows 7 that lets users run applications designed for Windows XP in a virtual machine, the company confirmed Friday -- the first time Microsoft has relied on virtualization to provide backward compatibility.
Prompted by the spread of the Conficker worm through infected USB drives, Microsoft Corp. will unveil changes in next week's public Windows 7 Release Candidate that are designed to stymie such hacker strategies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- NBN leaks: Journalist union slams AFP raids
- nbn co paying customers $100 to sign up
- Dreyfus: Confidence in AFP undermined by NBN leak raids
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC