Telstra has announced that its software as a service (SaaS) platform T-Suite has gone live. The platform, launched in beta in November last year, allows organisations to lease software from the telco for a recurring monthly fee.
Software and Services
The Fedora Project released a beta of the next version of its free Linux OS with new security, desktop and developer features that provide a glimpse of the direction Red Hat could take with its enterprise Linux distribution.
Wikia Search, Jimmy Wales' long-shot attempt at disrupting Google's search-engine dominance, is closing on Tuesday.
Microsoft is shutting down its Encarta encyclopedia Web sites and will also discontinue its Student and Premium Encarta software products.
Microsoft has added a feature to Live Search designed to give users up-to-the-minute information linked to a particular search query to help make searches more interactive for users.
Google's Gmail just grew up, but not by much. Marking the online e-mail service's fifth birthday, Google announced it is going global with its Gmail Labs box of quirky functions it launched last year in English.
Business software that employees find difficult to use is costing Australian business an estimated $49 billion a year, equivalent to a wasted 1.2 billion hours, according to new research from e-document and printing software vendor Global Graphics.
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Unless its two biggest rivals take extraordinary steps, Mozilla Corp. will be the first browser maker to patch a critical vulnerability used a week ago to win US$5,000 in a hacking contest.
Open-source software companies are missing out on a relatively inexpensive way to fight concerns about patent liability, according to an attorney who spoke at an open-source conference in San Francisco.
Microsoft may charge developers if they submit within a year more than five applications or application updates to the Windows Mobile Marketplace, a move that has some developers concerned that the store won't be able to compete with the iPhone App S...
Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Administrators of most versions of Google Apps can now view charts that graph the activity levels of end-users with the hosted suite's collaboration and communication applications.
Google will announce the next step in Gmail's evolution, a new product with "a European multilingual angle," on Monday.
Online attack code has been released targeting a critical, unpatched flaw in the Firefox browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW