Google has brought out a translator toolkit that combines the company's machine translation technology with online tools for manually editing content.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft has taken aim at a rogue antivirus program called Internet Antivirus Pro.
Kaspersky Lab has announced the launch of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 during a Press briefing held on Thursday. According to a press release, Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 is a new generation product designed to protect home users from securi...
Have a Flash file from which you wish you could edit or extract the video -- but don't want to pay for the rather expensive Adobe Flash CS4 program? Eltima Software's Flash Decompiler Trillix (US$80, free demo) might be what you're looking for. Decom...
Hibbert Ralph Animation (HRA) today unveiled Redboard, a software-based system that enhances existing CG workflows by adding and integrating the skills of the traditional storyboard artist. According to HRA, Redboard improves communication and effici...
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
Today at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco, the Cupertino computer maker announced a host of new products before an audience of developers and media. Among other announcements, the company has updated its MacBook Pro product l...
IT and business technology will take centre stage in the post-recession economy, according to George Colony, CEO of Forrester.
Early reviewers have dubbed the Palm Pre a strong competitor to the iPhone, with some notable problems, including short battery life and too few applications to run on the device.
When he was a senator, President Barack Obama pitched the idea of of what was widely called a "Google-enabled government" to illustrate his interest in making public data easily searchable and accessible. But the White House's reported plan to appoin...
Microsoft today said it will deliver 10 security updates next week to patch serious bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Word and Excel.
Microsoft on Tuesday confirmed that it will offer consumers "special deals" on an upgrade to Windows 7 if they buy a Vista-equipped PC before the launch of the new operating system.
Microsoft Office is still the most prevalent productivity suite among enterprise customers, but 2010 could see more adoption of competitive suites as companies ponder their next investments in this area, according to a new report by Forrester Researc...
Intel's acquisition of Wind River on Thursday is a strong push by the chip maker to extend Linux support across devices that use its processors, analysts said.
Google Docs, a hosted suite of office productivity applications, still has a ways to go in its development, but users can expect dramatic changes in the next 12 months.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA