Microsoft will make Windows 7 available to businesses and consumers in time for the typically busy holiday shopping season in the fourth quarter of the year, according to company officials.
Software and Services
Microsoft Monday said users testing Vista should abandon that effort for the Windows 7 RC candidate.
Microsoft is on track to wrap up Windows 7 and ship it to computer makers in August, a company executive said today.
When EA Tiger Woods PGA Tour teed off on the iPhone last month, the business world must have let out a collective giggle. Finally, an iPhone app for the business executive. All joking aside, the iPhone's lack of business apps has been an Achille's he...
Microsoft's delivery of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) earlier this week boosted use of the new operating system by 22% since Monday, according to data from Web measurement company Net Applications.
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
Users of current-generation Windows Mobile 6 phones can download a new Facebook application starting Thursday.
Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Microsoft said it plans to acquire gaming company BigPark for an undisclosed amount.
Even as the world economy languishes, Microsoft is putting an increasing focus on its research efforts in areas well beyond its traditional desktop and office software domain.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC