Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Software and Services
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
Users of current-generation Windows Mobile 6 phones can download a new Facebook application starting Thursday.
Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Microsoft said it plans to acquire gaming company BigPark for an undisclosed amount.
Even as the world economy languishes, Microsoft is putting an increasing focus on its research efforts in areas well beyond its traditional desktop and office software domain.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
Microsoft has integrated Photosynth, its technology that stitches pictures together, with Virtual Earth, encouraging businesses to combine the two technologies.
A new version of the Moonlight open-source technology that puts Silverlight on Linux is now available for developers to test.
What Microsoft gives, it takes away.
Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) continues a long-running Microsoft practice that puts users at risk, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Open Text said Wednesday it plans to acquire fellow content management tools provider Vignette for about US$310 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to be finalized in the second half of this year.
In the latest sniping in the long-running feud over document format standards, IBM this week claimed that Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 corrupted formulas and data in spreadsheets created in the OpenDocument Format.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chinese $1.2B deal for Opera crumples
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 is a budget GTX 980 killer
- NBN raids: Conroy calls for end to ‘ludicrous’ AFP investigation
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD