Microsoft Tuesday opened its annual management confab saying it would ship the next version of Operations Manager by the end of June and laying out its efforts to manage data centers and virtualized environments.
Software and Services
Mozilla Corp. Monday rushed out a new version of Firefox to fix a flaw it introduced with the 12-patch security update it shipped less than a week ago.
As expected, Microsoft on Tuesday began letting users of Office 2007 download Service Pack 2, marking a milestone in the company's document format battles with governments and other vendors.
Having rocketed to prominence as one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions in just a few years, Ubuntu has earned a reputation for stability and ease-of-use. The latest edition -- version 9.04, code-named "Jaunty Jackalope" -- continues tha...
A Linux group is hoping to discredit three Microsoft patents that were at the heart of a recent lawsuit with GPS device maker TomTom.
Trusted Platform Modules and BitLocker Drive Encryption can protect Windows 7 computers against a bootkit attack unveiled last week but these technologies won't be available on a large portion of computers, leaving millions of users unprotected when ...
Top Chinese search engine Baidu forecast a recovery in its ad sales this spring as it reported a second consecutive decline in quarterly revenue on Tuesday.
Sony Creative Software has announced Vegas Pro 9 at the NAB 2009 exhibition in Las Vegas, an upgrade to its video editing software that boosts its tool for higher-end workflows including 4K video and native support for footage from the Red One camera...
Flash, the technology used by YouTube to stream video clips into your browser window, is now installed on 98 percent of all computers, according to Adobe Systems, which acquired the technology in 2005. The company also says that about 80 percent of W...
I admit it. I'm impressed. I might have written a wishy-washy review of the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/162129/ubuntu_904_beta_quick_look.html">beta of Ubuntu 9.04</a>, but now I've had a chance to play with the final release, I like wha...
On Monday, Microsoft began offering its hosted services to companies in 18 countries outside of the U.S. and said that EDS would help sell the services.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Mac OS X 10.4 after it ships the successor to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, according to ongoing discussions.
Microsoft Corp.'s decision to give some Windows 7 users a tool to run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine may have been necessary to convince people to upgrade, but it could create support nightmares, analysts said today.
Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
Some Microsoft developers will be able to download a near-final version of the company's Windows 7 operating system next week, Microsoft said Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HFC services officially join NBN mix
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW