There are many ways to judge an online map -- the panoramic sweep of its street views, how accurately it gives directions, the number of restaurant reviews it has.
Software and Services
Microsoft will distribute the second service pack for Windows Vista to a small group of beta testers on Wednesday, the company said Friday.
Microsoft's quarterly call with Wall Street on Thursday told the tale of two software franchises and their diverging financial fortunes.
Google has finally solved a problem that kept recent subscribers to its Apps suite from accessing their new Gmail accounts.
Microsoft said via a company blog Wednesday that Service Pack 2 (SP2) of Office 2007 will ship between February and April of next year.
Microsoft may release Windows 7 as early as next November, bloggers speculated Wednesday, pointing to postings on the company's own Web site and comments made by the CEO of Asus, the company that makes the popular Eee PC line of netbooks.
Google has patched its Chrome browser to block a months-old bug that can be used to trick people into downloading and launching malicious code.
Google announced on Tuesday that the source code for its mobile operating system, Android, is now available for anyone to use free.
OpenOffice.org 3.0 was downloaded 3 million times in its first week, with about 80 percent of the downloads by Windows users, an official with the group said in a blog post on Monday.
Software counterfeiters pass on Windows Vista and instead prefer to pirate Windows XP, a Microsoft attorney said Tuesday, outlining a practice that tracks with the leanings of many of the company's customers.
Microsoft will begin beta testing the next service pack update for Windows Vista within weeks, according to a Windows enthusiast Web site.
Thursday's release of version 2.0 of Silverlight, a cross-browser runtime for creating Rich Internet Applications (RIAs), from Microsoft has new features designed to enhance usability for the developer and designer, which will ultimately lead to a be...
Windows 7 will be like Windows Vista, but more so, Microsoft Corp. CEO Steve Ballmer said today as he defended the first two years of Vista and claimed its successor will be a major release.
Mozilla plans to release on Thursday an alpha version of its mobile browser today for Nokia's Internet tablets.
Microsoft is considering giving its Windows client OS the capability to be turned on very rapidly by allowing users only limited access to the OS, a concept it's calling "Instant On," according to a survey Microsoft conducted.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
- Microsoft confirms 'waves' roll-out of Windows 10
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
- Major update coming to Netflix Australia
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW