Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
Software and Services - News
Users of current-generation Windows Mobile 6 phones can download a new Facebook application starting Thursday.
Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Microsoft said it plans to acquire gaming company BigPark for an undisclosed amount.
Even as the world economy languishes, Microsoft is putting an increasing focus on its research efforts in areas well beyond its traditional desktop and office software domain.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
Microsoft has integrated Photosynth, its technology that stitches pictures together, with Virtual Earth, encouraging businesses to combine the two technologies.
A new version of the Moonlight open-source technology that puts Silverlight on Linux is now available for developers to test.
What Microsoft gives, it takes away.
Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) continues a long-running Microsoft practice that puts users at risk, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Open Text said Wednesday it plans to acquire fellow content management tools provider Vignette for about US$310 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to be finalized in the second half of this year.
In the latest sniping in the long-running feud over document format standards, IBM this week claimed that Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 corrupted formulas and data in spreadsheets created in the OpenDocument Format.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Apple and Opera lag behind Google and Mozilla when it comes to distributing Web browser updates due to how they've structured their patch programs, according to new research.
The near-final version of Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 7, became available late Monday to the general public.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC