Software company Canonical has released version 9.04 “Jaunty Jackalope” of its Ubuntu Linux operating system with an emphasis on cloud computing services in addition to regular feature enhancements.
Software and Services
The man arrested for allegedly targeting women who advertised massage and other exotic services on Craigslist is getting some support - on Facebook anyway.
Attackers, probably based in China, are exploiting a December bug in Microsoft Word to hijack Windows PCs, Vietnamese security researchers warned Thursday.
Microsoft revenue dropped in year-over-year comparison for the first time in its 23-year history as a public company as the software giant reported a whopping 6% decline in revenue for its fiscal third quarter coupled with a 32% decline in net income...
Microsoft missed analyst expectations for its third quarter, stumbling under the weight of the faltering economy.
Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
Google Australia’s $75 stimulus package has been met with a tepid response.
Google Australia today announced it will offer a free $75 search marketing campaign to help more than one million Australian small and medium businesses.
Microsoft has integrated 20 new third-party applications into Windows Live as part of an effort to make its online services hub more like a social-networking site vis-a-vis Facebook.
It's late November 2008 and anti-government protestors have taken over Bangkok's airport. Thousands of travelers from around the world are literally stranded and fear a violent clash between pro- and anti-government demonstrators.
A U.S. district court judge will extend portions of an antitrust decree governing Microsoft's actions for 18 months, the judge said Wednesday.
Microsoft could reduce losses from software piracy by expanding pay-as-you-go plans like those it has tested in developing countries, a company executive said Wednesday.
Mozilla Corp. on Tuesday patched 12 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3, just days before it hopes to roll out the newest beta of its next open-source browser, Firefox 3.5.
Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
The Mayo Clinic medical practice has launched the first widely available e-health information service for patients on Microsoft's HealthVault service, the result of a partnership the companies launched last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HFC services officially join NBN mix
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW