Although Microsoft's next operating system is months away from release, the recession is already having an impact on Windows 7, a survey of 320 corporate administrators said today.
Software and Services - News
Digieffects has released FreeForm AE, a warping plug-in for Adobe After Effects that allows users to manipulate a flat object using a mesh in 3D space.
Toon Boom Animation has launched Toon Boom Studio 5, a new version of the Toon Boom Studio 2.5D animation software that adds stop-motion animation tools to its existing array of animation capabilities.
If you've got a PowerPoint presentation you want to share with others, but are having problems doing so, then DVDShow for PowerPoint is a simple solution. It converts any PowerPoint presentation into a an MPEG movie file or lets you burn it to DVD so...
Growth will have to come from higher productivity and innovation when the economy begins to recover, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer told developers gathered Wednesday in Hyderabad for the company's India edition of the Tech Ed conference.
Mac users have reported an unusual number of problems installing Mac OS X 10.5.7, the huge security and feature update that Apple unveiled yesterday.
Apple today patched 67 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, including two bugs that researchers used in March to walk off with $5,000 each in a noted hacking contest.
Ratcheting up the competition with virtualization market leader VMware Inc., Microsoft Corp. will include a number of advanced features in its upcoming free server hypervisor software.
Microsoft Windows 7 pirated versions have been found with hard-to-detect trojans intended for cybercrime purposes, according to a security firm.
Mozilla Labs has unveiled the beta of a new application called Prism 1.0 that takes the Internet off your browser and plants it onto your desktop. Prism is both a useful Firefox extension and a desktop app -- the latter for those who needlessly cling...
Microsoft yesterday said it would begin shipping early copies of Office 2010 to invite-only users in July, and has begun taking names for possible invitations to the preview.
SharePoint 2010 will require a 64-bit version of SQL Server and it will not support Internet Explorer 6, according to Microsoft.
As expected, Microsoft today patched a six week-old critical vulnerability in PowerPoint, the presentation maker that's part of the popular Office suite, using a single security update.
Microsoft Corp. said Monday that its upcoming Exchange Server 2010 software will be able to read and write e-mails to disk 70% faster than Exchange 2007, despite the fact it uses the current same engine.
Parallels is developing a tool that will allow users to run Windows XP applications on machines running Windows 7.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCTest AnalystWA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC