Google made good on a promise to keep its customers better informed of service outages by introducing a new dashboard for Google Apps on Wednesday.
Software and Services
Mozilla Wednesday announced it will add another beta to the Firefox 3.1 development schedule, a move that will push the browser's ship date to the second quarter or later.
Contrary to Apple's claims, the newest version of Safari is not the world's fastest browser, benchmark scores show. But it is dramatically faster than rivals being built by Mozilla and Microsoft.
Gmail users were hit with a double whammy Tuesday.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
After a two-and-a-half-hour outage Tuesday evening, Google says its free Gmail service is back up and running.
The University of Adelaide will be moving over 16000 student email accounts to Google Mail.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Google is asking developers to send videos of applications based on the company's technologies, which could be featured on the code.google.com site or Google developer blogs.
Perhaps pre-alpha was a bit too early for Mozilla to release its Fennec mobile browser for Windows Mobile.
Microsoft will finish Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) next month, according to a Web site that has accurately predicted other moves by the company.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
A woman has filed a class-action lawsuit against Microsoft over a US$59.25 charge for downgrading her Windows Vista PC to XP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Windows 10 migration: At least it's not like last time
- CSIRO’s Data61 and Treasury join forces to examine the blockchain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia