Microsoft is on track to wrap up Windows 7 and ship it to computer makers in August, a company executive said today.
Software and Services - News
When EA Tiger Woods PGA Tour teed off on the iPhone last month, the business world must have let out a collective giggle. Finally, an iPhone app for the business executive. All joking aside, the iPhone's lack of business apps has been an Achille's he...
Microsoft's delivery of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) earlier this week boosted use of the new operating system by 22% since Monday, according to data from Web measurement company Net Applications.
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
Users of current-generation Windows Mobile 6 phones can download a new Facebook application starting Thursday.
Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Microsoft said it plans to acquire gaming company BigPark for an undisclosed amount.
Even as the world economy languishes, Microsoft is putting an increasing focus on its research efforts in areas well beyond its traditional desktop and office software domain.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
Microsoft has integrated Photosynth, its technology that stitches pictures together, with Virtual Earth, encouraging businesses to combine the two technologies.
A new version of the Moonlight open-source technology that puts Silverlight on Linux is now available for developers to test.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- How to restore missing desktop icons on Windows
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC