Oracle may end up merging the best of OpenSolaris with Linux once it takes control of Sun Microsystems, but it is unlikely to kill off Sun's widely used Solaris OS, analysts said.
Software and Services
One of the most hated features of Windows Vista will be seen a third less often by users of the upcoming Windows 7, a Microsoft executive promised Monday.
Bella has announced the HD Mouse, a wireless mouse with specific functions for video editors and motion graphics artists. It will be shown for the first time at the NAB trade show next week, and begin shipping in early May for US$69.95.
Adobe Systems on Monday unveiled a version of its Flash multimedia streaming technology that would allow people to run entertainment programming directly to television sets from the Internet, a new option for the rapidly changing digital-home market.
Microsoft has released a public beta of the next iteration of Exchange, called Exchange Server 2010. This latest release of Microsoft's collaborative and messaging software, currently winning the market share battle with IBM's Lotus Notes, is the fir...
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
While IT managers are looking to cut costs during the recession, most aren't looking for savings in Web content management, according to a recent Forrester Research study.
Microsoft Thursday promised that it would provide at least one public beta to Office 2010, saying that its assertion to the contrary Wednesday was "the wrong impression."<br/>
Microsoft Corp. said it would release a public beta of Exchange Server 2010 on Wednesday, and said the final version of its flagship communications software would be released by year's end.
A new survey has found that the majority of IT staff don't plan to upgrade to Windows 7 in the next year, after Vista's failure to win hearts and minds. But even more concerning for Microsoft is that half are now considering an operating system from ...
Habits, once ingrained, are hard to break. Just ask any smoker -- or the 250 million people that have bought Microsoft Office.
In remarks addressed to a public safety conference on Wednesday, Microsoft's chief operating officer defended the company's increased investment in research and development.
Microsoft released a beta of Exchange Server 2010 on Wednesday, the first product that enterprise customers will see from the next version of Office.
Just days after customers complained on a Facebook discussion about the lack of software updates to Windows Mobile phones, Microsoft published a job ad for a developer who will build an update process for the operating system.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW