Microsoft Thursday said it would issue a release candidate (RC) for Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) in the first three months of 2009, indicating it will ship its newest browser sometime in the first half of the year.
Software and Services
Marking the two-year anniversary of their controversial interoperability agreement, Microsoft and Novell this week are announcing upcoming availability of both the beta version of Moonlight, which puts Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet applicatio...
Numerous Microsoft employees, including some top executives, urged their company to hold the line on the graphics requirements for the "Vista Capable" marketing campaign, both before and after the decision was made to loosen the rules, according to i...
Google launched a new application for Apple's iPhone that uses voice recognition technology to enter queries in the company's search engine. The free app should be available now from the iPhone's App Store and through iTunes.
Confirming recent comments by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, an independent study released Friday found OpenOffice.org's free office suite to be five times more popular among adult US internet users than Google Docs.
Pressured by Intel, Microsoft relaxed the rules for a crucial Windows Vista marketing program -- a move that let the chip maker sell older graphics chip sets that were incapable of meeting the original requirements, internal e-mails show.
Google has patched Chrome to prevent attackers from stealing files from PCs running the open-source browser.
Mozilla on Wednesday patched 11 vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.0 -- and 12 bugs in the older Firefox 2.0 -- that could be used to compromise computers and steal information.
Colombia will become the second country to use the One Laptop Per Child Project's (OLPC) XO laptops running Microsoft Windows XP in schools after signing an agreement for pilot programs in two towns, Microsoft said late Monday.
The first generation of solid-state drives (SSDs) introduced in PCs last year failed to live up to the hype.
Microsoft next week will distribute a pre-beta of Windows Server 2008 R2 to a select group of testers and highlight the software's virtualization capabilities, integration with Windows 7 and other features.
Netbooks equipped with solid-state drives (SSD) sporting as little as 16GB of storage capacity will be able to comfortably run Windows 7, Microsoft said on Thursday.
Expressing a now-familiar theme, a Microsoft executive at the ApacheCon conference on Friday morning touted Microsoft's efforts to be more open, highlighting moves such as offering the company's "M" modeling language under the Microsoft "Open Specifi...
Microsoft has given its most ringing endorsement of open source Web browsers to date with chief executive officer Steve Ballmer not ruling out adopting such technology as an alternative to its own popular Internet Explorer, saying it is "interesting"...
Microsoft has demonstrated its Windows 7 operating system (OS) on an Asus Eee PC featuring just 1GB of RAM and a 16GB solid-state drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW