A peak body representing internet users has proposed that the federal government abandon fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) technology for the national broadband network in favour of ‘fibre-to-the-driveway.’
Software and Services
Facebook announced last week that businesses will be able to use chatbots in its popular Messenger app. Two companies, The Muppets Studio and theScore, have high hopes for chatbots in interacting with fans.
News Corp. is fighting Google at the European Commission over what it calls improper scraping of content for use in search results, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Similar to how the service curates music, Google Play will recommend podcasts based on what you feel like hearing.
The new iPad Pro has the hardware needed to make it an easy editing tool for videographers on the go. This video was imported directly to the iPad and edited in iMovie.
A “MacOS” reference appears on Apple’s Environment page, hinting at alignment with iOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
Windows users running Apple’s QuickTime are being advised to uninstall the program after the discovery of a number of Zero day vulnerabilities.
Microsoft keeps moving with Windows 10 Mobile, complementing its recent desktop update with improvements to Action Center, Cortana, and the user interface. The new emoji provide a nice dollop of fun.
Microsoft wants a federal court to invalidate part of a 1986 law that it alleged has been abused by the government when authorities demand customers' data.
Chrome is giving up on XP two years after Microsoft ended support for the aging operating system.
TPG will deliver high-speed connectivity to I-MED Network under a deal announced today by the two companies.
Supporting throughput of up to 2.5 gigabits per second, the new MoCA 2.5 spec promises a speedy future for networks based on cable-TV cables.
Google has forked out $17,500 to researchers for bugs fixes in Chrome 50, which addresses 20 security issues.
Phishing, spearphishing, whaling are all nautical terms that have been created or adopted by the information security industry. The AFP has coined a new term.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- Microsoft declares Cortana search box as Bing- and Edge-only turf
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTPMO AnalystNSW