While just one in five broadband households own a smart device, and only one in ten purchased one in 2015, a significant number plan to consider a smart home device this year.
Software and Services
Gustav Grundin, an associate principle in McKinsey & Co’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology Practice in Asia, claims there is a very close correlation between a nation’s economic performance and its level of connectivity, and says that connect...
Former independent MP Tony Windsor has said that the conflict over the technology used to underpin the National Broadband Network is about politics not the cost of a fibre to the premises (FTTP) rollout.
"Microsoft's practices with their newest operating system, named Windows 10, has been ignorantly unethical at best and malicious at worst," wrote the petition organizer, Todd Kleinpaste.
Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
Shadow infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese has criticised the Coalition’s handling of the National Broadband Network and said that Labor “proposes to deliver fibre-based broadband” in contrast to the “copper-based system” being rolled out by the...
Labor leader Bill Shorten has offered new hints at the shape of the NBN policy that his party will take to the election.
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
The ACCC is looking for feedback on nbn Co’s proposed variations to its Special Access Undertaking (SAU).
More than ensuring that news articles load instantly, Google's new Accelerated Mobile Pages format is a peace offering to online publishers as they battle ad-blockers and the temptation to lock away their content in platforms like Facebook.
Ongoing leaks of sensitive documents at national broadband network (NBN) builder NBN Co were avoidable and highlight systematic failures in internal document controls, document-security specialists have warned as the fallout continues after the compa...
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Amazon Web Services consultancy 2nd Watch this week released the findings of an analysis of 100,000 public cloud instances to determine the 30 most popular services being used
This ensures that your recent work is available for you even if you wander into one of those pesky Internet dead zones.
Christopher Pyne said the NBN will deliver the internet speeds Australian consumers “want and need” and will be finished by 2020.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
- Not too late to change NBN’s direction, NBN Co’s first CEO says
- Zapier's automation tools integrate with Excel to make spreadsheets less tedious
- Australian broadband speeds set to lag world by 2020
- Microsoft wages war on 'crapware' with new Windows 10 tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia