Facebook may soon help you find the closest public Wi-Fi access point with a new feature in its mobile app.
Software and Services - News
NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
With presidential election signs coming down from front lawns and voters watching protests on the news, many are wondering if fake news stories on Facebook and Google contributed to Donald Trump's winning the presidency.
Returning to the controversy over fake news on the social networking site, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said over the weekend that the company was working with fact-checking organizations to put in place third-party verification of the authenticity o...
This will allow those with 4K televisions and a Chromecast Ultra to take full advantage of their capabilities, though the titles are going to cost you extra.
Stung by ongoing criticism and evidence that some of its hosts discriminated against non-white guests, Airbnb this month began asking users to pledge to treat everyone equally.
Build 14971 says goodbye to the classic paint program and puts PowerShell up front instead of the command prompt.
A vulnerability in a multimedia framework present on some versions of Ubuntu can be exploited by sound files meant to be played on the venerable Nintendo Entertainment System, according to security researcher Chris Evans.
Twitter has new ways to keep the trolls from getting at you, as well as beefed up anti-abuse enforcement policies behind the scenes.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
YouTube now supports high-dynamic range video if you're rocking an HDR-capable TV.
Google Home launched to consumers in November, but many journalists got a sneak peek. Here's what they thought.
Not content to cede the artificial intelligence market to Google, the AI effort will be a key part of a comeback after the Note7 fiasco.
Microsoft appears to be sneakily reinstating Windows 10 ads without explicit user permission. Weren't we done with all this?
Microsoft's new Slack-killer, Teams, swaps simplicity for rich interactions with colleagues that take advantage of the Office app suite.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- Google will start adding Assistant to Nougat and Marshmallow phones this week
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW