Microsoft is betting the farm on the success of Windows 8--its new and radically different operating system.
Software and Services
Microsoft will issue six security updates next week, including three for Windows 8 and its tablet spin-off Windows RT.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
After years of anticipation and over a year of beta testing, Microsoft has finally released its latest operating system, Windows 8. A midnight launch at Harvey Norman’s flagship Alexandria store saw retail magnate Gerry Harvey sell the first copy in ...
With so many Linux distributions out there, it can be difficult to keep tabs on all the updates that come out over the course of an average week or month.
By now, there is a big chance that you have come into contact with the Gangnam Style phenomenon that is sweeping the world.
A first wave of 40 Xbox games is headed to Windows 8 PCs starting October 26, which is the launch date for Windows 8.
After looking through the dozen or so announcements of Windows 8 laptop-tablet hybrids at IFA 2012, I'm having trouble telling some of them apart.
Apple has released Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Software Update with a variety of fixes and improvements.
Parallels on Thursday announced the launch of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac, the latest generation of its applications that lets users run Windows on Mac computers.
Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 voice recognition software has been released in Australia, with digital downloads available now and boxed versions of the application available from 28 August. NaturallySpeaking 12 is the first major new version o...
Microsoft announced on Wednesday that it has completed the development and testing of Windows 8, a major upgrade of its OS for desktops, laptops and tablets and one of the most important product releases in the company's history.
Apple has reported revenue for the quarter just ended that was lower than analysts had expected, despite a big jump in iPad sales.
Even though Windows 8 won't be officially released until October 26, its Metro user interface and Microsoft's decision to remove the Start menu have already received lots of criticism. Some observers have gone so far as to predict that Windows 8 will...
Apple first previewed Mountain Lion back in February, so developers and tech journalists have had plenty of time to get familiar with the OS update. However, at Monday's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote, Apple announced a few previously undisc...
Go ahead and grab the new MacBook Pro with Retina display, but be warned: It might be a little while before most of your apps look as sharp as the screen showing them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- Smartphone share of overall mobile phone sales stalling at 70 percent
- Pirate Bay co-founder found guilty of hacking in Denmark
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW