With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
Software and Services
Communications minister Senator Mitch Fifield has claimed that Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Jason Clare, is preparing to unveil an NBN policy that will see the use of fibre to the distribution point (FTTdp) for a significant portion of the Nationa...
Are you too lazy to open the door or switch on a light? Let Windows 10 and its Cortana voice-activated digital assistant do the job for you.
Brave, a new browser from the co-founder of Mozilla, gets serious about replacing the web’s worst ads.
The past two weeks have been a bonanza of cloud conferences and they provide useful insight into the ongoing IaaS cloud wars between Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Despite a flurry of announcements, the consensus is t...
Microsoft says its newest browser, Edge, increased its usage faster than did Google's Chrome after its 2008 launch.
Microsoft does not plan to build an online ad blocker into its Edge browser, a company engineer said today.
An upcoming update to Microsoft Office will allow you to essentially pin apps to the Microsoft Office ribbon, adding to its extensibility.
Easy web embeds and a new Cardboard SDK show how serious Google is about pushing forward virtual reality.
Dutch airline KLM can now deliver travel information via Facebook Messenger.
As Microsoft began shipping its HoloLens augmented reality headgear, the company gave journalists a sneak peek into how developers can create networked experiences.
iFixit’s Oculus Rift teardown reveals special lenses for a lighter, comfier VR headset.
AMD is releasing one monster graphics card after another as the GPU speed battle with Nvidia heats up.
The youth and ICT industry and education leaders are concerned about the slow adoption of STEM subjects in schools. That was the main message raised across a panel of speakers at the Data61 2016 conference.
Slack today formally opened its Australian office in Melbourne. The office will also serve as the Asia Pacific headquarters of the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC