Microsoft says that if you haven't upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 by July 29, expect to pay more than $100 to eventually do so.
Software and Services
Kansas City, Missouri, has high hopes for the smart technology it's deploying as it launches on Friday a new streetcar line in its downtown innovation district and public Wi-Fi that spreads over two square miles.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
All blogs hosted on Google's blogspot.com domain can now be accessed over an encrypted HTTPS connection.
These 4 May fourth tech tributes will add a little extra fun to Star Wars Day.
Company argues the move will create a faster browser, something most customers want.
Enterprises should have an easier time migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 than they did the last go-round when they left behind Windows XP, an analyst said, citing lessons both Microsoft and corporations learned.
CSIRO’s Data61 and the Federal Government Treasury have teamed up to examine the implications of adopting ‘blockchain’ technology - a move that could enhance the services of both government and industry, and deliver significant gains for the economy...
Windows 10 is on pace to power 20% of all Windows desktop systems by the end of June, or around the time Microsoft issues its next major upgrade, according to data published this week.
Barring disaster, this year’s federal budget will mark the final government injection of capital into NBN, with $8.8 billion earmarked for the National Broadband Network rollout.
We now know the tradeoff for free Windows 10: Microsoft wants data about how you use your PC. Use these controls to customize feedback frequency and limit what the company sees.
Melbourne-born start-up, Rundl, has hit a $5 billion transaction milestone following 18 months within Australia’s property industry.
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) has updated a number of its guides to implementing its ‘Top 4’ security strategies for mitigating targeted cyber intrusions.
Telstra recently hosted a Cloud-based hackathon at the Gurrowa Innovation Labs in Melbourne, where inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Melbourne’s tertiary institutions and the local IT community participated in the 48-hour competition.
How Microsoft is building on widespread approval of Windows 10 to entice developers to develop on its platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
- Not too late to change NBN’s direction, NBN Co’s first CEO says
- Zapier's automation tools integrate with Excel to make spreadsheets less tedious
- Australian broadband speeds set to lag world by 2020
- Microsoft wages war on 'crapware' with new Windows 10 tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW