Google search is holding tight to its top position in the hearts of U.S. consumers, according to a new study.
Software and Services
Microsoft knew of the patent held by i4i as early as 2001, but instead set out to make the Canadian developer's software "obsolete" by adding a feature to Word, according to court documents.
A U.S. judge has ordered a Delaware man who sold copies of software packages on an Internet auction site to pay US$210,563 in damages and court costs, the Business Software Alliance (BSA) announced Monday.
Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
Microsoft sympathizes with people pushing what it calls the "Die IE6, Die" campaign, but argued today that it simply can't put a stake in the old browser's heart.
The browser wars have gotten livelier with new entries and updates, with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, and Apple's Safari all scrambling for attention. But a warrior from the first browser war is apparently gear...
Internet Explorer 8 blocked about four out of every five sites that attempt to trick visitors into downloading malicious software in browser security tests performed by NSS Labs.
Netscape founder Marc Andreessen, perhaps still stinging after losing to Microsoft in the browser wars in the mid-1990s, may be looking to get back into the browser game.
Mozilla late on Thursday began offering Firefox 3.5 to users still running older versions of the browser, the first of what will likely be several attempts to get people to upgrade before support expires for Firefox 3.0.
Microsoft's decision to make Internet Explorer 8 the default browser on computers where the user elected an express installation raises questions about the software giant's compliance with a 6-year-old antitrust settlement, a lawyer for some of the p...
Noise Industries has announced that its FxFactory plug-ins for Apple's Final Cut Pro and Motion are now compatible with the recently released Final Cut Studio 3. The update to FxFactory also makes others plug-ins that uses the FxFactory architecture ...
The governor of Illinois signed into law yesterday a bill that banishes sex offenders from social networking sites. The law, designed to protect children from predators who use sites such as Facebook and MySpace to lure potential victims, is the firs...
Microsoft today promised it will replace the often-hated Entourage e-mail client in its Office for the Mac with a version of Outlook by late 2010.
Microsoft on Thursday said that starting next year it will include Outlook in its version of the Office for the Mac platform, replacing Entourage, the e-mail and groupware application for Mac users the suite has now.
Microsoft must pay nearly US$300 million in damages and interest to Canadian company i4i because it infringed the latter's patent for a document system that relies on XML custom formatting, according to court documents filed yesterday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW