When Microsoft releases the next version of its productivity suite, Office 2010, it will be into a very different competitive landscape than the one Office 2007 faced in late 2006.
Software and Services
Gigabyte Technology issued a BIOS update on Friday that fixes a problem for some Windows 7 users who have been unable to sync their iPhones.
Google has decided to release as open source several of its key application development tools, hoping that they will prove useful for external programmers to build faster Web applications.
Routinely accused of bloating Windows and Office, Microsoft Corp. has acted more like a skinny teenage boy with enterprise apps like SQL Server: desperate to bulk up.
Microsoft's decision to reduce the number of annoying security messages that Windows 7 delivers when users install software makes the new operating system more vulnerable to malware infection than Vista, a researcher said today.
Microsoft plans to start rolling out a redesigned MSN.com on Wednesday in the U.S., the first major update for the page in more than 10 years.
Microsoft celebrated its 20th year in Taiwan by agreeing to open a joint cloud computing center with the island's economics ministry.
Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system has been doing well in the market since it launched nearly two weeks ago, Microsoft executives said Wednesday.
Microsoft is laying off another 800 people, adding to the 5,000 the company has already let go this year.
Google upgraded the beta version of its Chrome browser yesterday, adding integrated bookmark synchronization and boasting of a 30% speed improvement over the current production edition.
Likening its organizational plan to a museum featuring different galleries of interest, the Microsoft-backed CodePlex Foundation for open source projects this week is talking up its project submission guidelines, which were released last week.
Microsoft said it will make a preview of SQL Server 2008 R2 available this month that is features complete, including new business intelligence integration tools and master data management features.
Microsoft is trying to steal away Salesforce.com and Oracle CRM on Demand customers with a new offer that will provide them with six months' access to its own CRM Online application at no charge if they sign a 12-month contract.
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia