Microsoft said it will make a preview of SQL Server 2008 R2 available this month that is features complete, including new business intelligence integration tools and master data management features.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft is trying to steal away Salesforce.com and Oracle CRM on Demand customers with a new offer that will provide them with six months' access to its own CRM Online application at no charge if they sign a 12-month contract.
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Google has unveiled its Google Earth Pro software to coincide with the upcoming climate change conference in Copenhagen in December.
Mozilla late on Friday released the first beta of Firefox 3.6, a minor upgrade slated to wrap up later this year.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Microsoft has confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line.
Los Angeles City Council approved a US$7.25 million five-year deal Tuesday in which the city will adopt Gmail and other Google Apps.
Israeli company Red Bend filed a lawsuit this week against Google, charging the search giant with infringing one of its patents.
To take advantage of Google Voice's telephony management features, users have had to fulfill a tricky requirement: convince their contacts to call them using the single "phone number for life" that comes with this free online service.
Users remained stymied today by endless reboots after trying to upgrade their PCs to Windows 7, according to messages posted on Microsoft's support forum.
Mark Shuttleworth, founder and CEO of Canonical Ltd., the maker of the most popular desktop Linux alternative to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows, not only claims to be "delighted" that Windows 7 is out, but calls the new operating system an "excellent rele...
Microsoft has confirmed a problem that hundreds of users have reported with downloading Windows 7, according to its support forum.
Despite Thursday's Windows 7 launch and hoopla, Microsoft remains cautious about corporate uptake of the operating system and believes 2010 will be the real start to the upgrade cycle that could run into 2012.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snapchat just got way easier to use thanks to a new search bar
- Microsoft is retiring the Blue Screen of Death for some users
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA