Microsoft Corp.'s lawyers late yesterday said the verdict that awarded a Canadian developer nearly $300 million in damages and resulted in an impending ban on sales of the company's popular Word software was a "miscarriage of justice."
Software and Services
A panel of federal judges has granted Microsoft Corp.'s request for a fast-track appeal of the injunction that prohibits the company from selling its popular Word software after Oct. 10.
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) on Wednesday launched a campaign against Microsoft Corp.'s upcoming Windows 7 operating system, calling it "treacherous computing" that stealthily takes away rights from users.
As promised more than a month ago, Microsoft began pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises yesterday via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Emphasizing its support of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and the so-called Open Web, Google will help host the SVG Open 2009 conference in October, pitching it as the "premier forum" for SVG designers, developers, and implementers.
Microsoft Corp. today announced it was expanding an antipiracy program for Office to the U.S., the U.K. and 11 other countries that will identify pirated copies of the suite and nag users with on-screen messages.
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
Apple's latest operating system update, Mac OSX Snow Leopard, should be ready to roll on August 28, and while Apple says the new OS is "refined, not reinvented," it'll become the de facto competitor to Microsoft Windows 7 come October. We love a good...
Mozilla Foundation officials last week launched a concerted campaign to prod European Union antitrust regulators to demand more from Microsoft Corp. than the browser ballot screen the company has promised to offer Windows 7 users later this year.
Apple has started selling Snow Leopard, its newest operating system
Pre-orders for Apple's Snow Leopard regained the top positions on Amazon.com's bestseller list Monday after Apple announced that it would start selling the upgrade at the end of this week.
Yahoo hopes to remain relevant and competitive in the search engine market, battling for users not only against nemesis Google but also against its future search partner, Microsoft.
Microsoft on Monday stepped up plans to push Windows 7 upgrades to European users. The company said its decision to keep Internet Explorer 8 in the OS in Europe has enabled it to make a family-pack option available to customers there in October.
Microsoft's Developer and Platform Evangelism Interoperability team is introducing on Friday an open source project to bridge PHP and Microsoft's .Net programming model, Microsoft representatives said.
Windows Live Hotmail users have been venting their frustration at Microsoft Corp. for the past month since the software maker suddenly removed a popular feature because it created a security hole.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CSIRO’s Data61 and Treasury join forces to examine the blockchain
- Windows 10 on pace to reach 20% share by June
- Budget 2016: NBN approaches limit of government funding
- Why Windows 10 wants your feedback and diagnostics, and how to control them
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC